For humans, wrinkles are a sign of aging. Few of us relish our own wrinkles, but we sure delight in wrinkly dogs. You’ll notice that many wrinkly dog breeds are short-faced (brachycephalic), too. Some may sport wrinkles as pups, while others mature into their big wrinkles. Let’s meet five wrinkly dog breeds that boast lovable, lifelong folds and furrows.
- CHECK OUT OUR NEW LOOK! - Wrinkle Paste Cleans and Protects your Dogs Wrinkles, Tear Stains and Tail Pocket
- Natural Zinc Oxide and Soothing Coconut Oil Create a Water-Repellent Barrier to Keep Bacteria and Fungus at Bay
- Minimal Ingredient List (with Limited Plant Based Ingredients) So Even the Most Sensitive or Allergy Prone Pet Can Use It
- Works Great for All Dogs - English Bulldog, French Bulldog, Olde English Bulldogges, Pug, American Bulldogs, Shar-peis, Mastiffs, German Shepherds, etc.
- Fast Acting! - While Some People See a Significant Improvement within 2-3 Days, We Recommend Cleaning the Area of Debris and Applying Fresh Wrinkle Paste Once Daily for 5-6 Days Continuously for Best Results.
- M. Golding
- AuthorHouse UK
- Kindle Edition
- Buddy Dog Cookie Crinkle is a soft toy friend with a tan brown body and floppy ears; flat, cookie-shaped tummy features charming spots, crinkle paper inside fabric adds to the sensory fun
- Measures approximately 11-inches; adorned with interactive and soothing satin loop tags babies love to explore
- Great for little hands; hug and scrunch up to hear the delightful crinkle sound
- Machine washable in cold water on gentle cycle, air dry
- Combine with Taggies Buddy Dog soft toys, baby mat, and character blanket; they make great coordinating gifts for a baby shower
- Cute Bulldog Lying Down With Super Sad Face And Eyes
- This Smooshy Faced, Adorable Bulldog Phone Accessory makes the perfect gift for Bull Dog Lovers, Animal Lovers of any kind. Fantastic Christmas Stocking Stuffer
- Collapsible grip provides a secure hold for easier texting, calling, photos, and selfies.
- Expandable stand to watch videos, take group photos, FaceTime, and Skype handsfree.
- Advanced adhesive allows you to remove and reposition on most devices and cases.
- 6 1/4"W x 4 1/4"H x 1 7/8"D.
- Material: Dolomite
- Care Instructions: Dishwasher Safe
- LARGE LRECTANGLE BIN: Measures 18x12x15", the storage basket stands upright and the convenient handles make it easy to transport or move when needed. Simply collapse bin and store when not in use
- MATERIAL AND CARE: 100% Polyester, durable and long-lasting use. Wipe clean with a damp cloth.
- CUTE AND STYLISH FOR ANY ENVIRONMENT: The refreshing design and subtle texture of these baskets makes them great decor pieces for your home, pet-lovers or new pet owners
- ORGANIZATIONAL SOLUTION FOR THE HOME: Perfect for holding dry dog treats, leashes, collars, toys, blankets, outfits, grooming supplies and more!
- MORE BONE DRY PET STORAGE OPTIONS: Bone Dry offers various pet products including pet bed, pet towels, pet mats, pet bowls & blankets, and storage bin. For more options, search Bone Dry or click the link Bone Dry at the top.
- Our Age Defense Face Moisturizer contains an antioxidant complex of Rosemary, Echinacea and Vitamin E
- Helps deliver younger feeling skin in 4 weeks Just because the Bulldog's a wrinkly old beast, it doesn't mean that you have to be
- Incredible natural skin care ingredients with carefully selected man-made ingredients to deliver super performance at an affordable price
- All our products are purpose built for men and contain amazing natural ingredients
- Our products never contain artificial colors, synthetic fragrances, or ingredients from animal sources
- printed in US
- original design
- heat resistant to 200 degrees Fahrenheit
Our prominent eyes and child-like expressions make us crazy-delightful. We’ve been around to charm humankind for centuries. Chinese imperials have cherished us since ancient times, even employing guards to keep us safe. We were bred small to be carried in royal sleeves.
Some of our wrinkles were considered more significant than others: the prince mark of three wrinkles on our forehead with a vertical bar (copying the Chinese character for prince) was a favorite trait. These days, all of our large and deep wrinkles are beloved by our owners. I suggest you dab my skin folds to keep them fresh and clean; I sure can’t reach them with my tongue!
My lined forehead draws your gaze to my observant, kindhearted face. When I’m particularly attentive, my wrinkles are especially distinctive. I have a long history with humans; my forefathers worked with Babylonians, Marco Polo, Hannibal, King Henry VIII and Elizabeth I. Developed to guard and fight beside soldiers, I was bred tough and striking.
I’m perhaps more easygoing than my ancestors these days, but I hold to my watchdog role. And at some 200 pounds, my size alone discourages intruders. I consider myself a peaceful and dignified bodyguard, always loyal to loved ones. And I’ll love your wrinkles too, when someday you’re blessed to own them!
My coat is brilliant, short and smooth. My soft and loose skin is what creates my delightful wrinkles. And the description “delightful” suits my personality, too. Developed from English 19th-century bulldogs, my ancestors followed lace-makers migrating to France after the Industrial Revolution.
Friendly and affable, we soon became popular with Parisians of all economic classes. American tourists in France were enchanted by my forefathers and brought some back to the states. These days, with our laid-back personalities and keen social skills, we top the companion dog list. Come under my wrinkly spell; my furrowed brow shall charm you into dropping extra treats!
If you don’t recognize me for my hippopotamus head shape, you may spot me for my impressive wrinkles — slack skin and creases cover my head, neck and withers. I’m one of the oldest dog breeds, developed in China for general farm work, hunting, and safeguarding property. My scowl allegedly frightened off evil spirits, but maybe deterred trespassers (in material form), too.
These days, our wrinkles are attractive, albeit not especially functional. A clean breed, we don’t shed much; our grooming needs are minimal. Simply wipe our wrinkles down on occasion to keep our skin and coats healthy.
Dogue de Bordeaux
A French guardian célèbre, I trace my heritage to Mastiff-types developed to guard castles, hunt and fight. Everything about me is big: I have an enormous heart in my massive body. My colossal head is interlaced with wrinkles; my drooping cheeks accentuate my memorable appearance. The deep ropes of wrinkles on my head are obvious at all times, but they aren’t worrying frowns. At my size, what in the world could I be worried about?
My striking appearance is just one of my attributes. I’m an affectionate, wonderful watch dog who’s more agile and speedy than my physique suggests.
Tell us: Do you have a wrinkly dog? What breed(s) is he? What wrinkly dog breeds would you add to this list?
Thumbnail: Photography by Waldemar Dabrowski / Shutterstock.
Why read breed profiles?
Dog breed profiles help everyone, whether you have a mixed breed or purebred dog, to better understand and improve the quality of your dog’s life. If you have a mixed breed dog, read up on all of the breed profiles that make up your dog. Not sure what breed your dog is? There are a number of easy DNA tests out there to help your find out.
Read more about dog breeds on Dogster.com:
- All About the Breeds Behind the Westminster Group Winners
- The Best Dogs for Cats? Try These 5 Cat-Friendly Dog Breeds
- Does Your Dog Make the List of the Dumbest Dog Breeds?
The post 5 Wrinkly Dog Breeds appeared first on Dogster.
- 11 Dog Breeds With Curly Tails And Why We Love Them
- 9 Irish Dog Breeds to Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day
- Meet The World’s Only Irish Dog Breeds in Honor of St. Patrick’s Day
- Lesser-Known All-American Dog Breeds That Are Actually Interesting
- Dogs That Don’t Bark: 5 Quiet Dog Breeds
- The Best Dogs For Cats? Try These 5 Cat-Friendly Dog Breeds
- What Are The Most Affectionate Dog Breeds? Let’s Meet 5 Cuddly Dogs
- Best Dog Breeds For Families With Young Children
- Are Guard Dog or Protection Breeds More Aggressive Than The Rest?
- Most Popular Dog Breeds on Instagram
- Sizing Up 5 Medium-Sized Dog Breeds
- The 5 Best Guard Dog Breeds
- Facts About The Dynamic Russell Terrier Dog Breed
- 5 Dog Breeds With Curly Tails
- Here Are Dog Breeds That Are Prone to Obesity
- What to Consider When Choosing Food For Your Small Breed Dog
- 7 Breeds With Floppy Ears And Why We Love Them
- All About The Breeds Behind The Westminster Group Winners
- Does Your Dog Make The List of The Dumbest Dog Breeds?
- 7 Most Expensive Cat Breeds in The World