This summer is the 20th anniversary of the ‘Take Your Dog To Work Day’ event, but what if you could bring your dog to work every day? Many corporations have gone dog friendly and encourage employees to bring their dogs with them to work. Some even offer perks to recruit top talent, like on-site dog parks. Have you ever thought about looking for a job where your dog could come to work with you? Check out these dog-friendly companies:
Amazon just opened a 1,000-square-foot dog park specifically for its employees’ dogs at its headquarters in Seattle. Amazon offices also have dog-friendly drinking fountains, and complimentary dog biscuits. Find out more about Amazon’s dog-friendly policies and if the company will have a dog-friendly campus at its second location here. And meet some of the adorable dogs who “work” at Amazon.
Google calls itself a “dog company” in its employee code of conduct. “Google’s affection for our canine friends is an integral facet of our corporate culture,” the policy states. “We like cats, but we’re a dog company, so as a general rule we feel cats visiting our offices would be fairly stressed out.” Employees are welcome to bring their dogs to work, and Google’s Austin offices even have an indoor dog park on the 28th floor.
3. Cloud 4 Good
Consulting offers a flexible way to work from home and spend every day with your dog. My partner is a Solutions Architect at Cloud 4 Good, a technology consulting firm. The opportunity to be a work-from-home dog parent is a huge perk for our family. The work atmosphere is very dog friendly, and dogs who live across the country often accompany their parents in virtual meetings.
Delicious ice cream and dogs — what could be better at work? At the Vermont headquarters of Ben & Jerry’s, employees are encouraged to bring their dogs to work and the pups are called “K9-5’ers,” there are dog cookies for them at the office and the dogs even have their own page on the Ben & Jerry’s website. Rumor has it there is a toilet-shaped water bowl for the office dogs!
At Bearquarters, as it’s called, employees have been encouraged to bring their dogs to work since the company opened 25 years ago. Milford is the company’s Chief Executive Dog and helps new dogs acclimate to the office routine.
Salesforce Headquarters in San Francisco features a “Puppyforce” room where employees can reserve a desk to bring their dog to work with them. The soundproof room accommodates six employees and their dogs. Dogs coming to work at Salesforce even get their own employee photo badges!
Tell us: Do you know any dog-friendly companies? Do you work for a dog-friendly company? We want to know. Maybe we’ll add your dog-friendly company to our list!
Thumbnail: Photography ©Pekic | E+ / Getty Images.
Read more dog news on Dogster.com:
- All About the Breeds Behind the Westminster Group Winners
- Sochi Dogs — Where Are They Now?
- How Cane Rosso Restaurant Is Helping Rescue Dogs
Sassafras Lowrey is an award-winning author. Her novels have been honored by organizations ranging from the Lambda Literary Foundation to the American Library Association. Sassafras is a Certified Trick Dog Instructor, and assists with dog agility classes. Sassafras lives and writes in Brooklyn with her partner, a senior Chihuahua mix, a rescued Shepherd mix and a Newfoundland puppy, along with two bossy cats and a semi-feral kitten. Learn more at sassafraslowrey.com
- Dog-Friendly DIYs Using Rosemary
- Five Dog-Friendly Hikes Near Tucson
- How to Stop Dog Allergies With Powerful Treatments That Work
- Take a Dog-Friendly Vacation to The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
- Recipe: Dog-Friendly Burritos
- Hydrotherapy in Dogs
- Temperament of French Bulldogs: The Good And The Bad Sides
- Temperament of Pitbull Dogs
- Pros And Cons of Electric Dog Fences
- These Are The Best Dogs Breed If You Have Children
- Tips For Your Pitbull to Spend Energy
- 10 Tips to Mark Superiority Over Your Pitbull
- What Care Does Your Dog Pitbull Need? Have a Happy, Healthy And Balanced Dog
- Decorate Your Dog House With These 5 Tips
- Top 3 Health Problems For Dachshunds
- The Flu in Dogs
- Buy a Dog Online: Recommendations to Avoid Problems
- Guide to Boarding Your Dog
- Is Dog Sharing a Good Suggestion For Your Dog?
- Best Dog Foods – What Dog Food Do Vets Recommend?