The countdown is on to Valentine’s Day! We have some special celebrations planned in our home (and on our blog…stay tuned!) because not only is it a celebration of love but Feb. 14 also marks two special anniversaries in our home: Lucky’s adoption anniversary and the anniversary of the launch of our PawZaar gift store! Watch for a very special giveaway on Wednesday but, first, we wanted to share some easy ideas for celebrating with your dog on this and on every day!
Treat your dog with a homemade dog biscuit.
Homemade dog treats don’t have to be fancy to set your dog’s tail wagging. We’ve got an entire library of easy dog treats–and several free dog treat cookbooks you can download as well! Irie and Tiki’s favorites are meat-based savory treats (although peanut butter biscuits always get a paws up, too!)
Spend quality time with your dog.
Clear your calendar, put the phone away, and really live in the moment with your dog. Don’t rush your dog walk but notice the joy that your dog is experiencing from the simple fun of accompanying you on your walk. (Be sure to enter to win Wellness CORE 100% Freeze-Dried Dog Treats; I carry them in my dog walking bag. Irie and Tiki’s fave is Boar!)
Plan a day trip.
We love day tripping with Irie and Tiki; it’s easy on the budget (both time and money) to plan a day at a local park, dog park, state park, or greenbelt. (And don’t forget to enter to win a Plush Paw Pet Seat Cover so you can plan that day trip without worries of snow slush or muddy paws!) Visit one of your dog’s favorite parks or explore a new one together!
Surprise your dog with a new toy or bed.
What’s your dog’s favorite type of toy? A plush toy to snuggle (or, in Tiki’s case, to “flea bite” like a puppy!)…or a more active toy for fetching? Surprise your dog with a new goodie!
Create a spa experience for your dog.
Irie and Tiki don’t care for baths, but they love to be brushed with my hairbrush, followed by a relaxing shoulder massage!
Make a shelter or rescue donation.
Celebrate the love you and your dog share with a donation–monetary or supplies (even something as simple as a bag of treats) to your favorite shelter or rescue, and brighten the day of another day as he waits for a forever home!
- Make Valentine’s Day Puppy Pancakes For Your Dog!
- The Ultimate Valentine’s Day Gift Guide For Dog People
- 5 Ways to Prepare For a Hike With Your Dog
- 6 Ways to Use Training Treats Even When You’re Not Dog Training | #Giveaway
- Easy Ways to Deal With Matted Dog Hair
- 8 Ways to Find Affordable Vet Care For Your Dog
- 9 Irish Dog Breeds to Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day
- 6 Ways to Cheer Up Your Dog | #Giveaway
- 10 Fun Ways to Celebrate Your Dog’s Birthday
- 11 Valentine’s Dog Outfits For Big Dogs, Small Dogs, And Dogs Who Hate Clothes
- 8 Dogs Dressed As Lion Dancers to Celebrate Year of The Dog
- Dug Up at Dogster: 11 Sweet Valentine’s Day Dog Products For Your Beloved Pup (and You!)
- Borrego Springs: A Dog Friendly Day Trip
- World Animal Day, Dedicate it to Your Dog With These Ideas
- 10 Tips to Take Care of Your Dog in Summer
- 3 Surprising Ways Dogs Make Us More Optimistic
- 25 Sweet & Heartwarming Dog Quotes
- Help Your Dog Cope With Summer Time Noise Fears
- How to Trim Dog Nails — Safely
- Why Does A Dog Start To Pee In Its Owner’s Bed?