It’s an (early) Christmas miracle!
Yesterday, Austin Pets Alive! issued a desperate plea for help for a 7-month-old puppy named Tiny Tim who, much like the fictitious boy of the same name, couldn’t walk and needed surgery.
According to Austin Pets Alive!, Tiny Tim was purchased at a flea market and forced to live in a crate that was too small for him, resulting in severely malformed hind legs.
“His knee caps are on the side of his legs as a result of staying in a bent position for too long,” Austin Pets Alive! said. “The femur bones have grown past the knee caps so he can no longer extend his hind legs or walk normally.”
The only solution was a groundbreaking new procedure that had the potential to fully restore Tiny Tim’s ability to walk. They had an orthopedic specialist who could do the surgery, but they needed at least $2,000 to make it happen.
That’s where the Austin community comes in. Less than 24 hours after the announcement, the shelter said it had raised the necessary $2,000 as well as enough to cover any complications. Tiny Tim’s surgery is confirmed for Jan. 6.
“It’s amazing. People just totally stepped up,” said Lisa Maxwell, spokeswoman for Austin Pets Alive! “It is so heartwarming to see people have concern over this one dog, that in the middle of everything going on in the world, people care enough.”
Tiny Tim is currently living with a foster family but may be available for adoption following his surgery. Anyone interested in adopting him can contact Austin Pets Alive!
We are always looking for stories of good news from around the city. Have an idea? Email it to email@example.com.
- How to Decide on The Best Dog Food For Your Pup
- How to Make Tasty Pineapple Dog Biscuits For a Fruit-Loving Pup
- Miracle Dog: Maelee
- Hiking With Dogs — Tips For Bringing Your Pup on The Trail
- Which Seattle Eateries Allow Dogs Inside? A Guide To Make Your Pup Drool!
- 12 Dogs Named After Their Celebrity Lookalikes
- Pup Eats Mystery Mushrooms
- Hydrotherapy in Dogs
- Temperament of French Bulldogs: The Good And The Bad Sides
- Temperament of Pitbull Dogs
- Pros And Cons of Electric Dog Fences
- These Are The Best Dogs Breed If You Have Children
- Tips For Your Pitbull to Spend Energy
- 10 Tips to Mark Superiority Over Your Pitbull
- What Care Does Your Dog Pitbull Need? Have a Happy, Healthy And Balanced Dog
- Decorate Your Dog House With These 5 Tips
- Top 3 Health Problems For Dachshunds
- The Flu in Dogs
- Buy a Dog Online: Recommendations to Avoid Problems
- Guide to Boarding Your Dog