It’s an (early) Christmas miracle!
Yesterday, Austin Pets Alive! issued a desperate plea for help for a 7-month-old puppy named Tiny Tim who, much like the fictitious boy of the same name, couldn’t walk and needed surgery.
According to Austin Pets Alive!, Tiny Tim was purchased at a flea market and forced to live in a crate that was too small for him, resulting in severely malformed hind legs.
“His knee caps are on the side of his legs as a result of staying in a bent position for too long,” Austin Pets Alive! said. “The femur bones have grown past the knee caps so he can no longer extend his hind legs or walk normally.”
The only solution was a groundbreaking new procedure that had the potential to fully restore Tiny Tim’s ability to walk. They had an orthopedic specialist who could do the surgery, but they needed at least $2,000 to make it happen.
That’s where the Austin community comes in. Less than 24 hours after the announcement, the shelter said it had raised the necessary $2,000 as well as enough to cover any complications. Tiny Tim’s surgery is confirmed for Jan. 6.
“It’s amazing. People just totally stepped up,” said Lisa Maxwell, spokeswoman for Austin Pets Alive! “It is so heartwarming to see people have concern over this one dog, that in the middle of everything going on in the world, people care enough.”
Tiny Tim is currently living with a foster family but may be available for adoption following his surgery. Anyone interested in adopting him can contact Austin Pets Alive!
We are always looking for stories of good news from around the city. Have an idea? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How to Decide on The Best Dog Food For Your Pup
- How to Make Tasty Pineapple Dog Biscuits For a Fruit-Loving Pup
- Miracle Dog: Maelee
- Hiking With Dogs — Tips For Bringing Your Pup on The Trail
- Which Seattle Eateries Allow Dogs Inside? A Guide To Make Your Pup Drool!
- 12 Dogs Named After Their Celebrity Lookalikes
- Pup Eats Mystery Mushrooms
- Buy a Dog Online: Recommendations to Avoid Problems
- Guide to Boarding Your Dog
- Is Dog Sharing a Good Suggestion For Your Dog?
- Best Dog Foods – What Dog Food Do Vets Recommend?
- Best Dog Food For Pitbulls
- Choosing The Best Dog Bowl And Feeder For Your Dog
- Finding The Best Dog Food For Your Pet
- A Dog Day at The Spa – The Best Dog Spas in NYC
- A Stainless Steel Dog Bowl – Is it Really The Best Dog Bowl?
- Best Dog Track in Florida?
- Best Dog Breeds For Families With Young Children
- Choosing The Best Dog Stroller For Your Pet
- DIY Dog Fence Wire – How to Choose Wire And Cable