Feb 27, 2021 · The red-eared slider is named for the red-line running behind its eyes and the sliding motion it makes as it slips from a rock into the water. When cared for properly, the red-eared slider can live up to 30 years! If you’re interested in a lifelong friend, a red-eared slider turtle makes a …
As omnivores, a Red Eared Slider’s Diet consist of food from both animal and plant sources. In the wild, Red Eared Sliders usually eat aquatic plants, small fish, crawfish, and worms. A pet Red Eared Slider’s diet should consist of around 25% pellets, 50% vegetables, and 25% mealworms/fish/shrimp.
- Age Range Description: All Ages
The spread of Red-eared Sliders in southern U.S. states, where the closely related Yellow-bellied Slider is indigenous, has the potential for T. s. elegans to compete with T. s. scripta. Additionally, interbreeding between the two races has occurred in various southern states (Ernst et al., 1994; Mitchell, 1994; Palmer and Braswell, 1995 …
Aug 23, 2019 · The red-eared slider derives its name from the distinctive patch of red behind each eye. It is most often found from Illinois to the Gulf of Mexico and from the East Coast to western Texas. It is a strong swimmer and prefers to be around marshes, ponds, and other slow-moving fresh water.
Wardley Turtle Food Sticks Clear Water Odor Reducing with Probiotics, 3.7 oz, Fortified Aquatic Turtle Food Stix for Shell Health
- Nutritionally balanced floating sticks with Probiotics ideal for aquatic turtles.
- Contains probiotics, a mixture of probiotic bacteria – 7. 5 million live cultures per gram – that support healthy digestion, reducing waste and the odors that come with it and helping maintain clearer water.
- Formulated with fish meal, a highly digestible protein source that reduces waste and supports water clarity.
- Fortified with Calcium which helps maintain a healthy shell. Fortified with Vitamin C which supports a healthy immune system.
- No artificial colors to stain water. Convenient, easy-to-store can.
Aug 26, 2020 · Aquarium pets – Red-Eared Slider Turtle Turtles are among the most popular pets, but there are many different kinds, and they require different habitats. The most popular aquatic/semi-aquatic pet turtle is the red-eared slider , which also has the distinction of being the turtle species whose name sounds the most like a skateboarding trick.
Red-Eared Slider. Size: Six to eight inches on average.; Lifespan: 20 to 30 years.; Diet: Commercial turtle food, leafy greens, crickets, and freeze-dried shrimp.; Red ear sliders are native to parts of the Southern United States. They can be found near the rivers and fishing docks of northern Florida to over halfway up the East Coast through parts of Georgia and South Carolina, as well as …
- All without the hassle of dealing with live prey items
- Provides essential proteins, fats, vitamins and minerals
- Adds variety to diet
- Country Of Origin: United States
May 28, 2015 · Like red-eared sliders, most water or aquatic turtles eat an omnivorous diet. Follow the guidelines below and your turtle will be in great shape. – Commercial pelleted food: It’s best to buy food made just for turtles, as this food will float and typically not fall apart as easily as pelleted food designed for other reptiles, Dr. Starkey says …
Apr 10, 2020 · Red-Eared Slider: This is the most common type of turtle to keep as a pet. They are often seen for sale at pet stores, and they can grow up to 11 inches long. Their name comes from the bright red patches on the sides of their heads.
- 2 7.5-ounce jars of Growth Formula
- All-natural pelleted turtle food with no artificial ingredients
- A complete, balanced diet for growing aquatic turtles between 2 and 6 inches
- Floating pellets make it easier to feed aquatic turtles, who prefer to eat at the water’s surface
- Easier for aquatic turtles, who prefer eating at the water surface, to locate their food
- Made in the USA
The turtle also may not be getting appropriate ultraviolet light. Any turtle whose shell is abnormal should be checked by a veterinarian so that appropriate treatment, as well as correction of environmental factors, can be initiated. Shell fractures or trauma. A red-eared slider’s shell is …
Oct 24, 2020 · Purchase turtle food labeled for your pet’s species. Purchase pellets or canned turtle food at your pet supply store. Most turtles kept as pets need both animal protein and veggies. Store-bought food will provide most your turtle’s nutrition, but you should also supplement its …
- No artificial colors or preservatives
- For Turtles over 6″ 5/16″ pellets
- 25% protein
Top 10 Best Selling List for Best Turtle Food for Red Eared Slider
- Tommy Hilfiger Men’s 3-Pack Cotton Boxer Brief,Black,Large(36-38)
- Tommy Hilfiger Men’s Underwear 3 Pack Cotton Classics Woven Boxers, Red Plaid Logo Print/Blue Plaid, Medium
- Tommy Hilfiger Men’s 4-Pack Cotton Brief, Black, Medium
- Tommy Hilfiger Mens 4 Pack Cotton Stretch Boxer Briefs (Navy/Heather Grey/Navy/Red, Large)
- Tommy Hilfiger Men’s 4 Pack Boxer Brief, Grey/Navy, Small
- Tommy Hilfiger Men’s Underwear Cotton Stretch Boxer Briefs, Navy Blazer/Kentucky Blue/Shady Glade, M
- Tommy Hilfiger Men’s Underwear 3 Pack Cotton Classics Boxer Briefs, Teal/Heather Grey/Black, Large
- Tommy Hilfiger Men’s Underwear Woven Boxers, Sailor Navy, Medium
- Tommy Hilfiger Men’s Modern Essentials French Terry Jogger, Dark Navy/White, XX-Large
- Tommy Hilfiger Men’s Underwear Modern Essentials Multipack Trunks, Navy Blazer/Faded Denim/TangoRed, M
- Fluker’s Buffet Blend Aquatic Turtle Food , 7.5-Ounce
- Wardley Turtle Food Sticks Clear Water Odor Reducing with Probiotics, 3.7 oz, Fortified Aquatic Turtle Food Stix for Shell Health
- Fluker’s Aquatic Turtle Medley Treat Food, 1.5-Ounce
- Natural Aquatic Turtle Food With Growth Formula pack of 2
- Zoo Med Natural Aquatic Turtle Food, Maintenance Formula, 45-Ounce
- Tetra ReptoMin Floating Food Sticks 2.64 Pounds, For Aquatic Turtles, Newts And Frogs, green
- Aquatic Turtle Medley Food – Freeze Dried Shrimp & Mealworms for Aquatic Turtle, Beard Dragon and Other Reptiles & Amphibians
- Fluker’s 8-Ounce Aquatic Turtle Diet
- Zoo Med Gourmet Aquatic Turtle Food, 11 -Ounce
- Zoo Med Sun Dried Large Red Shrimp, 5-Ounce