Just like the classic tune he crooned on the soundtrack of When Harry Met Sally, when Harry Connick, Jr. met rescue dog Tuka the entertainer knew “It Had to Be You”!
Lapping up attention while filming a promotional segment for Puppy Bowl XIV on the set of the jazz singer’s talk show Harry, little did the tiny dog who had been evacuated from Puerto Rico due to Hurricane Maria know that her 15 minutes of fame would lead to a lifetime of love with a famous forever pet parent.
At first fostered by the Grammy and Emmy Award winner’s family, today the cuddly canine is officially a part of Connick, Jr.’s clan, and fans can witness the singer sign Tuka’s adoption papers on an upcoming episode of Harry!
Tuka received her new lease on life thanks to The Sato Project, a non-profit which rescues dogs who have been abandoned in one of Puerto Rico’s most financial distressed municipalities, which includes an area referred to as Dead Dog Beach.
Be sure to cheer on the line up of rescue pups (saved from areas of natural disasters in 2017) who will play ball in Puppy Bowl XIV on Animal Planet February 4th, and tune in to Harry on February 5th to see the start of Tuka’s happily ever after!
Photo Credit: NBCUniversal “Harry”/Bryan Bedder
- Fun-Loving Rescue Dog Freestyles Agility Competition in Hilarious Video
- Olympian Adopts Dog From South Korea
- Woman Unknowingly Adopts The Childhood Dog She Was Forced to Give Up
- Winners at The Westminster Dog Show Include Fantastic Floofs And a Rescue Dog Agility Champ
- How The Dog Rescue Shirt Club Helps Pups in Need