Celebrate Valentine’s Day with the love of your life (I’m talking about your dog, of course!) with these precious puppy pancakes. (These are treats and should not replace your dog’s regular food.)
- 2 free-range eggs
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp. melted butter
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. honey1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, honey, and butter.
- Add flours, baking powder, and cinnamon. You’ll have a thick pancake mix.
- Heat a greased pan over medium heat and place the batter inside a heart-shaped cookie cutter.
- Wait about one to two minutes for bubbles to form and pop before flipping the pancake and cooking the alternate side.
- Cool, and serve with fresh blueberries.
Makes 10 to 12 small pancakes.
- Use a stainless steel cookie cutter and grease the inside to ensure the batter doesn’t stick.
- If using plastic cookie cutters, cook the pancakes first and then cut out heart shapes once cooked.
- Milk and butter can be substituted with dairy-free variations for dogs with allergies.
Photos and recipe reprinted with permission from Pretty Fluffy’s 52 Weeks of Treats.
Editor’s note: Have you seen the new Dogster print magazine in stores? Or in the waiting room of your vet’s office? This article appeared in our February/March issue. Subscribe to Dogster and get the bimonthly magazine delivered to your home.
Thumbnail: Photography courtesy Serena Faber Nelson.
Read more about dogs and Valentine’s Day:
- How to Make Valentine’s Day Snacks for Your Dog
- Valentines Our Dogs Would Write If They Had Thumbs
- Dogster DIY: Make a Valentine’s Day Doggie Box and Cards
- The Ultimate Valentine’s Day Gift Guide For Dog People
- A Dog Day at The Spa – The Best Dog Spas in NYC
- This Mama Dog Isn’t About to Let Puppy Finish Nap Early [Video]
- 11 Valentine’s Dog Outfits For Big Dogs, Small Dogs, And Dogs Who Hate Clothes
- Dug Up at Dogster: 11 Sweet Valentine’s Day Dog Products For Your Beloved Pup (and You!)
- Puppy Bowl XIV Introduces ‘Dog Bowl’ For Adoptable Adults, Trading Cards
- Puppy Party! How to Throw a Birthday Bash For Your Dog
- Borrego Springs: A Dog Friendly Day Trip
- Buy a Dog Online: Recommendations to Avoid Problems
- Best Dog Foods – What Dog Food Do Vets Recommend?
- Best Dog Food For Pitbulls
- Choosing The Best Dog Bowl And Feeder For Your Dog
- Finding The Best Dog Food For Your Pet
- A Stainless Steel Dog Bowl – Is it Really The Best Dog Bowl?
- Best Dog Track in Florida?
- Best Dog Breeds For Families With Young Children
- Choosing The Best Dog Stroller For Your Pet
- Ang DIY Wence Fence Wire-Paano Pumili ng Mga Wire at Cables
- How to Choose The Best Dog Insurance Company
- Factors That Influence Your Dog Fence Selection