These are great because you can literally put anything (dog friendly, of course) into this convenient and delectable package. People food, dog food — anything is fair game with these dog-friendly burritos. Here are some basic ideas to get you started, but have fun with this! You and your dog will enjoy the creative process.
What you’ll need to make dog-friendly burritos:
- 1 flour tortilla. I like the mini ones, but you can also make larger ones and cut them into appropriately sized slices for your dog.
- Plain, boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Dog-friendly steamed veggies (carrots, peas, potatoes, green beans, squash — to name a few)
- Dog-friendly raw veggies
- Peanut butter (no sugar added)
- Favorite kibble
Directions for dog-friendly burritos
- Lay out the tortilla.
- Fill with doggie delights.
- Roll the burrito.
- Put peanut butter on edge of the tortilla to help it stay together. You can also put some inside your tortilla to help keep things from sliding out.
Thumbnail: Photography by Samantha Meyers.
Editor’s note: This article appeared in Dogster magazine. Have you seen the new Dogster print magazine in stores? Or in the waiting room of your vet’s office? Subscribe now to get Dogster magazine delivered straight to you!
Sam is a dog lover, writer, baker, crafter and Instagrammer. When she’s not writing, she’s decorating cookies at her blog SugaredAndIced.com or Instagramming her dogs @FrenchHuggs_ and @Quinnstadoodle.
Find more dog-friendly recipes on Dogster.com:
- 5 Easy Dog-Friendly Recipes
- Recipe: Meatballs for Dogs — and Humans
- Coconut Oil Recipes for Dogs: Simple Treats Your Pups Will Love
- Dog-Friendly DIYs Using Rosemary
- Five Dog-Friendly Hikes Near Tucson
- Take a Dog-Friendly Vacation to The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
- The Master Pie Recipe For Dogs That Anyone Can Make
- 6 Dog-Friendly Companies to Work For
- Hemp Oil For Dogs: Is it Safe?
- How to Choose Your German Shepherd Puppy
- Service Dogs & Housing – Know Your Rights
- Choosing The Right Harness or Collar For Your Dog
- Top 5 Tips to Take Care of Your Pet
- Hydrotherapy in Dogs
- Temperament of French Bulldogs: The Good And The Bad Sides
- Temperament of Pitbull Dogs
- Pros And Cons of Electric Dog Fences
- These Are The Best Dogs Breed If You Have Children
- Tips For Your Pitbull to Spend Energy
- 10 Tips to Mark Superiority Over Your Pitbull
- What Care Does Your Dog Pitbull Need? Have a Happy, Healthy And Balanced Dog
- Decorate Your Dog House With These 5 Tips
- Top 3 Health Problems For Dachshunds