I like lists. I like making lists. I like using lists. I like crossing things off of lists as tasks are completed.
When I saw the new book Train Your Dog Now! Your Instant Training Handbook, from Basic Commands to Behavior Fixes [Amazon], I knew I was going to like it because the book is composed of lists for training your dog. Written by Jennifer L. Summerfield, DVM and CPDT-KA, the book includes short chapters featuring lists for skills such as:
- 8 Steps to Housetraining
- 5 Steps to Curbing Destructive Chewing
- 7 Steps to Stop Your Dog from Jumping on People
- 3 Steps to Stop Pulling on the Leash
- 5 Steps to Curb Excessive Barking
In the four weeks since we adopted Barli, I have been turning to this book to help with daily training sessions (actually multiple times throughout the day). Not only do I love that the book is easy to use–just hop straight to the behavior you’re working on–but I love that Summerfield offers positive steps to train and reinforce good behavior in your dog.
“The book draws on my experience working with a wide variety of client-owned dogs as a practicing veterinarian and professional dog trainer,” explains Summerfield. “The training techniques used are exclusively positive and science-based, and are appropriate for any dog regardless of breed or personality. Because the book is organized by topic each entry is designed for quick implementation of the recommended plan.”
Train Your Dog Now! has earned a permanent place on my dog training shelf–and a big paws up from all of us!
Train Your Dog Now! spans 256 pages and is published by Adams Media (the publisher of our The Healthy Hound Cookbook).
Would YOU like to win a copy of Train Your Dog Now!? We received two copies for review so we’d like to share one with a lucky community member!
How to Enter
You’ll enter in the widget below; you may return to the widget for additional entries any time during the giveaway period. Good luck!
We received copies of Train Your Dog Now! from the publisher for review; all statements and opinions are entirely our own. We will be fulfilling this giveaway and shipping directly to the winner.
- Think You’ve Got a Stubborn Dog? How to Train a Dog Who Won’t Listen
- “Lucky Dog” Fans: Win a Brandon McMillan Shake & Break Training Tool!
- The Top 5 Show Dogs of 2017: Who Will Win The Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show?
- How to Train a Leash Reactive Dog
- Win a YEAR OF THE DOG Bracelet Set!
- 10 Tips to Take Care of Your Dog in Summer
- 25 Sweet & Heartwarming Dog Quotes
- Help Your Dog Cope With Summer Time Noise Fears
- How to Trim Dog Nails — Safely
- Why Does A Dog Start To Pee In Its Owner’s Bed?
- 5 Ways to Prepare For a Hike With Your Dog
- How to Prevent Dog Bites
- Sizing Up 5 Medium-Sized Dog Breeds
- Can Your Dog Get a Fungal Infection?
- How to Teach Any Dog to Roll Over No Matter Their Size
- Here’s Why The Top-Rated Dog Car Crates Could Save Your Dog’s Life
- Would You Clone Your Dog? (People Totally Do)
- 8 Reasons You Should Eat Like Your Dog
- 6 Reasons Cleaning With Vinegar is Good For Your Dog And Your Home
- Everything You Wanted to Know About Dog Penis Behavior