What is an aquarium heater, and how do they work? An aquarium heater is just that, a way to heat water in your aquarium. Most tropical fish need a specific temperature range to thrive, and unless you live in the tropics, you’ll need a heater to provide this heat. Heaters work on the same principle as an electric kettle.
This aquarium heater by Cobalt Aquatics is a great way to kick off this list of the 11 best aquarium heaters. With 25, 50, 75, 100, 150, 200, and 300W options, there will be a …
VIVOSUN 300W Aquarium Heater Submersible Titanium Fish Tank Heaters with Intelligent LED Temperature Display and External Temperature Controller
- PRECISE TEMPERATURE CONTROL: An intelligent IC chip controls the heater temperature, making the temperature difference within ±1℃/±2ºF; Provide the best living environment for your aquatic creatures
- SAFETY GUARANTEE: Made with IP68, the highest waterproof level; and a titanium tube material that features explosion-proof and anti-corrosion engineering, which makes this submersible heater more resistant to damage while heating better than traditional glass heaters; Built with overheat and water shortage protection
- EXTERNAL TEMPERATURE CONTROLLER: The touch-button controller adjusts the temperature without getting your hands wet. It’s easy to control the temp from 68℉/20°C to 94℉/34°C; Check the size chart to find your desired fish tank heater
- EASY TO SETUP: 300W submersible heater is suitable for 50 to 60 gallons aquariums; Vertical or horizontal installation and ensure the device is fully submerged underwater
- WIDE COMPATIBILITY: The fish tank aquarium heater has CE, FCC and ROHS certification and the plug has a UL certification; Applicable for freshwater and marine aquariums, aquaculture, glass containers, and hydroponic systems
1/3/2020 · A lot of the best aquarium heaters have maybe a 20°F-30°F range of possible water temperature options, but the Hygger blows that out of the water. We’re talking about a range of 32°F to 104°F. That’s easily best in show and will cover pretty much …
12/3/2020 · 1. Vibirit Aquarium Heater Smart Aquarium Heater. This aquarium heater is submersible, meaning that the flow of heated water in the fish tank is steady. It automatically adjusts the temperatures between 24°C to 28°C, and once the preset temperature range is reached, the red light turns off.
Aquarium Heater Submersible Fish Tank Water Heater Adjustable Temperature Thermostat for 15 30 Gallon Freshwater Saltwater Fish Betta Tanks 100W with 2 Suction Cups
Upgraded Heater – Our aquarium heater is made of high quality real quartz glass material, will not explode during working, can totally keep your fish safe and health, suit for freshwater and saltwater tank. Circulating Working Mode – Our submersible aquarium heater has a super good feature is after setting your temperature, it will work about 5-10 minutes, then stop 2 minutes, then continue to working, repeat this working mode until get your temperature. This working mode avoid overheating your fish. Adjustable Temperature – The temperature of the water heater can be adjusted, rotate the orange dial can easily set the accurate temperature which you want. Temperature range is 20-34 c(68-93 F). Power – The power of the fish thank heater is 100 W, which is suit for 20 to 30 gallons fish tank, low energy consumption. Voltage is 110V-120V. Cable length is 55 inch. Indicator Light – This small aquarium heater thermostat has a indicator light to let you know when the heater is on. It will be red when heating and off when the proper temperature has been reached. It will stop work automatic when water reach the temperature which you set, and begin to work when water temperature bellow setting temperature.
Submersible aquarium heater can be installed horizontally near the bottom of the tank or even vertically. Arguably, setting your aquarium heater in a horizontal position is the more effective way because heat rises and disperse better. Place your aquarium heater towards the back of the aquarium horizontally and just a few inches above your substrate.
10/5/2018 · The Aqueon Pro Heater has an adjustable setting which allows you to control the temperature of your aquarium in-between the range 68 and 88°F. It has an LED light which is constantly on. This light is either red when it’s heating the water or green when the water is at the right temperature.
- Fully submersible
- Thermo safey control protects against running dry
- Will automatically turn off when water level dips too low
- TruTemp dial recalibrates the heater for precise temperature regulation
- Made of shock resistant and shatter proof glass for fresh or marine water
- On/Off indicator light for at-a-glance monitoring
When setting up an aquarium, your goal is to create a little bubble of the environment that your fish and other aquatic critters would live in if they were in the wild—that includes water temperature. Aside from cold-water species, such as goldfish, that usually requires an aquarium heater, and it’s essential to choose the right heater size for your fish tank to maintain the right …
Avoid DIY Heater Repair . Don’t try to repair or use a broken heater. You might be handy, but there is a lot at stake. Discard it and get a new one. In the end, a quality heater (or two) will cost you much less than one (or more) of the fish in your tank.
- DaToo Aquarium Heater – How to make our beloved fish live in a comfortable environment? This is a matter of concern. No suitable temperature, our fish will not survive healthy. The DaToo Submersible Aquarium Heater is a system that create a warm and comfortable living environment for your lovely fish. Select DaToo Aquarium Heater, Let us care about your fish starting from the temperature.
- Adjustable Temperature – Only need turn the knob on the top of the DaToo aquarium heater, You can easily get the temperature you want（68 to 93°F) and you can read the temperature you set by the dial of the aquarium heater. Thermostat system to ensure that your beloved fish can be happy and comfortable life
- Sturdy And Durable – Still worried about the heater will be broken?Now let’s say goodbye to this worry. The shell of the DaToo Aquarium Heater is made with Shatterproof, Corrosion resistant, Wear-resistant microcrystalline glass(glass-ceramics), can be used in fresh water and salt water.The heating part is made of nickel-chromium alloy, ensure superior heat transfer and enhanced service life. Select DaToo Aquarium Heater, Let it serve your fish forever.
- BPA Free And Energy Saving – Every plastic component of the DaToo Aquarium Heater is made with durable, high-quality, BPA-free plastic. The process of heating does not produce invisible toxins. This means it is safe not only for your fishes, but for you as well. Stepwise heating mode, it will automatically turn on and off to keep your set temperature, reduce electricity consumption. Select DaToo Aquarium Heater, not only care about your fish, but also save electricity fee for you.
- Attention – This is 200W DaToo Aquarium Heater, 11.1inch, fit 45 to 70 gallons tank with hoods or glass canopies and keep the water flowing( This is very important).Please confirm these details before purchase. Select DaToo Products= Own A Private Aquarium Housekeeper.
1/25/2019 · The main energy thief here is obviously the heater. If we omit the heater, our otherwise identical tank will use about 150-200 kWh per year, or $15 to $20. Just remember, it’s your choice of fish and how you design their environment that will make the biggest splash in your wallet. Aquarium Pump Power Consumption
The past week I have been thinking about heater placement in an aquarium. There is a lot of conflicting advice on the internet and in books. I am no kind of authority on thermodynamics but I thought I would post my thoughts on the subject as well as what others say.
Aquarium Heater, Submersible Fish Tank Heater 500W with Titanium Tube Thermostat System LED Digital Play and Remote Controller for 70-80 Gallon Tank
- 🐠 Premium Titanium Alloy Material & pinpoint probe 🐠: The seaELF aquarium heater made by premium titanium alloy, shatterproof, anti explosion, anti cracking and anti-corrosion than quartz glass aquarium heater and stainless steel tank heater, good for fresh water and sea water. The precise sensing probe on the top of heater for pinpoint temperature and double seal design to ensure safe operation. The heating tube with CE, RoHS, FC approved and the plug with UL approved.
- 🐠 Remote Controller & LCD Display 🐠: Update design with remote controller and LCD display , easy to setting and adjusting the aquarium heater’s temperature by remote controller and easy know the tank’s temperature by the LCD display, no need to buy extra temperature and wet your hands to setting the temperature again. (the remote is non waterproof, please keep it away from water).
- 🐠 Intelligent Overheating Protection & Lack-of Water Protection 🐠: With double sensing probe on the top, it will accurate detect the temperature and water, once overheating or the water cant cover the top of this aquarium heater, it will automatic power-off, prevent electric shock & burns and keep you and your fish safe. (E2,E8 display are mean overheating, please increase the water circulation when it happens)
- 🐠 Intelligent Thermostat Heating System 🐠：This aquarium heater made with intelligent thermostat heating system, it will heating automatically once the water temperature is less than the setting temperature and stop heating once it reached the setting temperature. Keep the aquarium water in a same temperature environment to protect fishes, amphibians, turtles and so on.(Please install it near a strong water flow).
- 🐠 100% satisfaction 🐠: Just to show you how confident we are that your fish will enjoy the aquarium water heater, we are giving you a 6 month money-back guarantee, if there any problem when you install the heater or any un-satisfied with this product, please feel free to contact us for resend or refund, we will dealing with it within 48 hrs.
2/16/2020 · What to Look for When Buying an Aquarium Heater? Affordability: When buying an aquarium heater, you need to, of course, set a budget. Now: Aquarium heaters don’t exactly cost a lot generally. You can get a fairly sturdy one that lasts a while for a very reasonable price. This is why it is in your best interests to get a good one on your first …
10/24/2020 · Whether you are just starting or are already an experienced aquarist, we know you want the best for your fish. Since fish can’t maintain their body temperature but rely on the water’s climate, it is essential to get the best aquarium heater possible.. A high-quality aquarium heater is an essential part of your fish’s welfare, so we have compiled top-rated aquarium heaters to help you …
hygger Titanium Tube Submersible Pinpoint Aquarium Heater with Digital Thermostat,IC Temp Controller 200W
- [FULLY SUBMERSIBLE]: Our Betta Tank Heater is fully submersible in water HORIZONTALLY with 2 suction cups can be easily mounted on tank. Place it near a strong water flow so that the whole aquarium at the same temperature. Comes with a separate controller where you can easily adjust from low to high without taking out the heater from the aquarium or fish tank.
- [SHATTERPROOF & ANTICORROSION]: Our Titanium Heater is completely shatterproof as there is NO glass in the construction– it’s made from heavy duty, durable Titanium. As it has a great feature of being anticorrosion, it is perfect for freshwater, saltwater aquariums and reef tanks.
- [PINPOINT TEMPERATURE]: Build-in external electronic theromstat, it has DUAL LCD display that clearly shows you the temperature setting in either Celsius or Fahrenheit. Up is aquarium temperature and down is set temperature. Heater will stop heating when temperature rise exactly to your desired temp. Heating temperature range 32 to 104°F. Control accuracy is +/- 0.5° C.
- [AUTOMATED SHUT OFF SYSTEM]: Temperature can be controlled and set to your desired degree of heat. It automatically sets off when it reached the designated temperature of your setting. Voltage: 110V
- [TANK CAPACITY]: 200-watt aquarium heater, 10.7 inches in length. Recommended for aquariums with 20 to 45 gallons of water capacity.
11/11/2017 · The Cobalt Neo-Therm is the best saltwater aquarium heater as a stand alone heater. However, the Finnex HMO Titanium nearly matches it and does so for a substantial discount. That makes it the best saltwater aquarium heater in my opinion.
A larger sized heater will warm your tank faster but consume a lot more power during that period. And a smaller unit will run longer but use up less energy. I also didn’t find one exceptionally energy-efficient aquarium heater, but the more quality brands like Eheim seemed to work better, and at a slightly lower cost than ‘off-the-shelve …
MQ Titanium Alloy 50W Aquarium Heater for Salt and Fresh Water, Digital LED Display Submersible Heater with External Thermostat Controller, for Fish Tank 5-15 Gallon
- Durable Titanium Tube – This aquarium heater is made of premium Titanium Alloy, double seal material, advanced design to ensure safe operation. It has explosion-proof function while being also shatterproof and waterproof.
- Wide Temperature Range – The temperature of the heater can be adjusted between 20-34℃, 68-93F. It is suitable for many kinds of aquariums, fishes and amphibious turtles.
- Easy Viewing and Safe Adjusting – It is easy and safe to adjust temperature by the external controller and the temperature will be shown on the LED screen of the heater.
- Intelligent Temperature Control – It can ensure the temperature constant at the set point as it can adjust heating power automatically if there is any water temperature variation. So that it can avoid temperature mutation and protect fishes.
- It will stop heating when the water temp reaches to the set temp, restart heating when the water temp is 1℉ less than the set temp. The heater is working when the indicator light is red.
11/8/2020 · Out of all the aquarium heaters we reviewed, the Cobalt Neotherm was the clear winner. We don’t just recommend it as the best aquarium heater for small tanks, FishLab recommends it as the best aquarium heater for all tanks! Accurate to ± 0.5°F, you can be confident that whatever temperature you set is what it will heat to.
To find the cost of running your aquarium heater simply use the cost of kilowatt per hour. In The US this averages at 12.58 cents. For convenience sake here is a quick table on aquarium heater operation costs. Depending on the difference in room and tank temperature your heater will be on more or less often.
Penn Plax Aquarium Heater Fully Submersible Within 1 Degree of Accuracy 25 Watt Heats Up to 5 Gallon Tank
- Aquarium heater sets and maintains the temperature in your tank within 1 degree accuracy.
- Features both Fahrenheit and Celsius temperature with easy to read gage.
- Heater is fully submersible and can be placed horizontally or vertically in your tank.
- Has a preset temperature to 76 degrees Fahrenheit but is also easily programmed.
- Heater is safe to use on smaller fish tanks and aquariums up to 5 gallons in size.
WOLFWILL 300W Aquarium Heater Submersible Fish Tank Auto built-in Thermostat. A 300 watt aquarium heater is enough to heat up and regulate the temperature of a large tank or aquarium with water capacity of about 60 – 75 gallons of water. This heater device from Wolfwill is guaranteed to keep your fishes warm during cold weather season.
6/28/2020 · This heater comes in two sizes: 50 Watts and 100 Watts. The 50 Watts variation is sold for as low as $15. Being able to buy an aquarium heater that’s able to heat a fish tank up for only $15 is something we’d only dreamt of in the past.
hygger 200W Titanium Aquarium Heater for Salt Water and Fresh Water, Digital Submersible Heater with External IC Thermostat Controller and Thermometer, for Fish Tank 20-45 Gallon
【For Fish Tank 20-45 Gallon】voltage 110-120V, power 200W, heater rod length 10.7inch. The heater and controller power cords are the same length 5.5ft, the thermometer cord is 4.4ft. There are mounting holes on the temp controller back for hanging on the wall 【Fully Automatic Control】very easy and reliable to use. After well installing the aquarium heater and the thermometer, you just need to set the desired heating temp, it will stop heating when the water temp reaches to the set temp, it will automatically restart heating when the water temp is 1℉ less than the set temp. The controller has temp setting remember function 【Durable Titanium Tube】this seawater resistant titanium aquarium heater is good for use in salt water and fresh water, service life can be 3 years or more. Very compact small, easy to hide in the tank. Don’t suggest to use it in sump. The diameter of the titanium tube is19mm, you can buy suction cups suitable for this size when you need to get that replaced. 【Digital LED Display】the IC temp controller can show the water temp and set temp at the same time, and there is a indicator light to show the heating status. You can press the ‘up’ key to shift degree unit between Celsius and Fahrenheit 【Wide Temperature Range】With the thermostat controller you can set the temp from 32℉to 104℉, control precision is 1℉, please set the right temp for your aquarium pets. The separate thermometer can detect a temperature from -68℉ to 140℉, the measurement accuracy is 0.2℉ plus or minus, very sensitive
This heater keeps the temperature at a constant 25 degrees celsius, and the heater automatically turns off when it achieves its goal. That’s why this heater conserves a lot of energy, so you won’t need to worry about increasing your electricity bills. Frequently Asked Questions Which aquarium heater is best?
The filter heater combines the advantage of a substrate heater when it comes to aesthetics, and the ease of access the immersible heater has. Conclusion. There are many reasons to have a heater in your aquarium and a lot not to have one.
UPMCT Aquarium Heater, 100W Submersible Fish Tank Heater with Thermometer Strip Adjust Knob Thermostat, Suitable for 15 to 25 Gallons (100W)
- 【Quality Assurance】High-purity thick quartz explosion-proof crystal tube is used on the surface, there will be no rust spots, causing heavy metal damage to the fish. The double sealing waterproof can also prevent electric leakage, the fish will not be electrocuted due to leakage of the product. A heating guard with a high suction cup is provided as a gift, and the fish will not be burnt due to the fish touching the aquarium heater. Keep your fish live in a carefree warmth at any time!
- 【Wide Range Of Temperature Adjustment】Bimetallic material, precise temperature control. Adjustable temperature ranges from 68°F to 94°F(20°C – 34°C), and you can choose the coziest temperature for your fish. (The suitable temperature range for most tropical fish is 76°F to 80°F/24°C -27°C ). At the same time, a temperature sticker is attached to the fish tank, allowing you to intuitively detect temperature changes at any time, so that you can use it with more confidence.
- 【Suitable For 5-85 Gallon Tanks】50W aquarium heater is suitable for a 5 to 15 gallon tank, 100W aquarium heater is suitable for a 15 to 25 gallon tank. 300W aquarium heater is suitable for a 50 to 85 gallon tank. It is suitable for fresh water and sea water! Please confirm the wattage, tank capacity and other details before purchasing to select the aquarium heater with appropriate wattage.
- 【Easy To Install】Can be installed vertically or horizontally, but the aquarium heater must be completely submerged in water. We also recommend placing it near a strong water flow, where the outlet of the mains filter is ideal, so that the temperature of the entire aquarium is the same.
- 【How To Use】Immerse the aquarium heater completely into the aquarium or tank, wait for 10-15 minutes to let the internal temperature adapt to the actual water temperature in the tank. Then twist the thermostat knob, adjust the temperature to 68°-94°F and then connect to the power supply.
3/18/2020 · A twenty-gallon fish tank should this have a 100-watt aquarium heater. Fish tanks with a capacity of 40 gallons and above should have two heaters positioned at opposite ends; Instead of a single 200-watt heater, go for a 100-watt aquarium heater at opposite ends. This will ensure uniformity in water temperature all over the tank.
Always consider which aquarium lighting fixtures are the best and work in conjunction with your aquarium heater to deliver the best results. Keep in mind that aquarium lighting can also product a lot of heat, which is especially true when you opt for metal halide lights that often need an aquarium chiller to function properly.
★200W aquarium heater is suitable for 40 to 60 gallons aquariums,Length – 11″,voltage 110-120V, power cord is 6ft, please choose the right wattage aquarium heater according to our size chart. ★It shows an area to adjust the temperature. It’s not exactly accurate but it …
Another great heater for 5-gallon tanks is the Eheim Jager Aquarium Thermostat Heater.It’s a heater that isn’t going to set you back too much and has a LOT of great features. One of the features that I really like about this aquarium heater is the light that lets you know if it’s heating your tank or not. This makes monitoring your aquarium a lot easier.
If you’re new to setting up your own home aquarium, you know there’s a lot of supplies you need to check off your list. One of those items is an aquarium heater.Depending on where or how much you have researched, you may have come across the idea that an aquarium may need more than one heater.
11/19/2020 · What is an aquarium heater controller, and how does it work? As the name suggests, an aquarium heater controller allows you to precisely regulate the temperature of your fish tank – much more accurately than just using an aquarium heater alone.. Think of a temperature controller as an external thermostat specifically for your fish tank.. There are two types of aquarium temperature …
5/24/2020 · One advantage of an in-line aquarium heater is the visual appeal. It is not installed inside the aquarium, so it can be placed out of sight. There is no need to try to hide the heater with décor or plants inside the aquarium. Another advantage of an in-line aquarium heater is the ability to maintain a constant temperature throughout the aquarium.
6/1/2020 · A heater exposed to air will overheat, possibly crack, or worse, melt the acrylic of the sump if it’s not glass. Keep the heater in a chamber that will always have it well under water. You can’t put the temp probe in the return either, because should that be exposed to air it will leave the heater on since it will report room temperature …