1/4/2015 · For the first time ever, I experienced a heater malfunction. The heater in my 55g somehow reset itself to a target temp of 91 degrees. I caught it at 87 while observing a cory swimming on his side unable to right himself. Inferentially I put my hand in the glass and it was hot! Opened the lid and a steam bath hit my face! Emergency water change!!
Aqueon submersible aquarium heaters: This heater has red and green lights to show if it’s working or stopping automatically. Beside, Aqueon heater is shatterproof and updated to one more temperature accuracy. Fluval aquarium heater: Fluval heaters can show the exact temperature in Fahrenheit and Celcius degree along with advanced warming technology to protect the fish.
- Suitable for marine and tropical aquariums
- Easy to use
- High precision electronic temperature control
- For external use
- 5/8 inch hose
Heater Malfunction :(My heater in my 10-gallon tank went on the fritz and stated overheating. We removed it, and turned the thermostat up to 76 Fahrenheit. … Whatever you end up buying, it is suggested a fully submersible model and place it in the aquarium at an angle not vertically. they seem to work better and last longer when on an angle.
6/27/2019 · Aquarium Heater Malfunction Michael Hurst June 27, 2019 02:40; Our 250W submersible 3618090 Aquarium Heater today malfunctioned and overheated bringing the temperature well above 90ºC in my son’s 75 Gallon freshwater tank. The sudden increase in temperature caused us to lose all our fish expect one Gouramis. …
- Fully submersible compact heater
- Reliable performance; Maintains set temperature of 78 degrees Fahrenheit
- Suitable for fresh or saltwater aquariums
- Made of durable polymer
- Ideal for aquariums up to 6.6 gallons; 2-year warranty.The heaters ratings and projected temperature range is based on an average room temp of 70 degree’s.
5/21/2018 · This Sucks! Came home today and found all of my Boesmani Rainbow fish dead along with a Odessa barb, and my fish tanks temperature was off the chart, literal…
1/31/2020 · Your dad is correct—most aquarium heaters have an auto shutoff feature that shuts it off when the water reaches the desired temperature, and turns the heater back on when the water temperature drops below the desired temperature. I have never heard of a heater “malfunction” in the way you are describing.
hygger Fast Heating Titanium Aquarium Heater with LED Digital Temp Controller 800W Submersible Fish Heater for 120-180 Gallon Freshwater Marine Tank
- This fully submersible aquarium heater enables memory function and over heat protection. Auto shut off when over-heats, resets when it cools down.
- Made with premium titanium and double sealed by black protective guard, this fish tank heater is resistant to explosion and corrosion, and protect fish and other livestocks from punching and scalding
- Build-in external IC temp controller, easy to read blue LED digital number shows real time water temperature. Temp accuracy is +/- 1°F.
- Easy to set temperature without getting hands wet. Build in hand button, Keep pushing the button. It will cycle through all the set temperatures. Temperature can be precisely adjusted from 70 to 94°F
- 800W aquarium heater, voltage 110-120V, suitable for tank capactiy 120-180 gallon freshwater and marine water aquariums
6/16/2016 · When a friend and I decided we wanted better aquarium heaters than what we could buy, back in the early 1980s, we got thermistors, a particular cheap IC that’s made for heater control, and high voltage, heavy duty triacs, and modified a bunch of standard, cheap, glass heaters. The way we wired them, the electronic control operated as you’d expect.
6/4/2013 · Re: Heater malfunction! sorry to hear about your tank heater a lot of the new heaters has a auto cut off if the water gets to low.thats the only style heater i will ever get.i like the eheim heater check them out.good luck.
Orlushy Submersible Aquarium Heater 300W-Fish Tahk Heater with Adjust Knob Thermostat 2 Suction Cups Suitable for Marine Reef Fish Tank Sump
- ★300W aquarium heater is suitable for 50 to 80 gallons aquariums,Length – 11 inch,voltage 110-120V, power cord is 6ft, please choose the right wattage aquarium heater according to our size chart.
- ★It shows an area to adjust the temperature. It’s not exactly accurate but it turns easy and can be adjusted at small intervals.
- ★Explosion Proof: 2mm thickened quartz glass,can be used in fresh water and salt water aquariums,easy to hide in the tank.
- ★Precise temperature dial from 68 to 89°F allows for complete control of aquatic climate within a 1-degree difference.
- ★Adjustable Aquarium Fish Tank Water Heater Sensitive and reliable thermostat maintains uniform temperature. Automatic shut off when the temperature is reached
Top Fin aquarium heaters: Top fin aquarium heaters can show the exact temperature, along with a special design to help it distribute the heat more evenly in your fish tank … or your heater has a malfunction, or your didn’t live with a heater before. These situations mean that you will need to heat the tank up on your own, by hands. I hope I …
If one heater malfunctions and dies, then your tank will at least continue to be heated by the other. The draw backs is that you are doubling the risk that one might malfunction on you and overheat. Not to mention the additional power cost— however minimal. Installing an aquarium heater for the first time
hygger 500W Digital Quartz Aquarium Heater for Fresh-Water and Salt-Water, with External IC Thermostat Controller and Thermometer, Fast Heating Submersible Thermostat for Fish Tank 60-120 Gallon
【Fast Heating Up】voltage 110-120V/60HZ, power 500W, US three-pin plug, heater rod length 10.5 inch, 500W submersible heater for fish tank 60-120 gallon. The heater power cord is 6ft, the controller power cord is 5ft, the thermometer cord is 4.6ft. Temp range: 61-90℉. Fast heating up aquarium heater, it takes about 3 minutes to heat 3.5 gallon water up 3℉ 【Fully Automatic Control】very easy and reliable to use. After finishing the temperature setting, the fish tank heater will run automatically by itself. It will stop heating when the water temp reaches to the set temp, please note that the water temp may go up 1℉ more because of the waste heat. When the water temp is cool down to 1℉ less than the set temp, the tank heater will restart heating 【Quartz Tube & Plastic Guard】With high-quality quartz glass tube, it’s very durable and explosion-proof, this fish tank heater can be used for saltwater and freshwater aquariums, service life can be 3 years or more. With low profile black plastic guard, easy to hide in the tank. The guard can prevent your aquarium pets from burned, the gaps on the guard is about 3mm, no worries for fish stuck 【Digital LED Display Controller】the external IC temp controller can show the water temp with 2 blue LED digits. Only show Fahrenheit degrees. To set the temp, just press the button over and over until the screen displaying the temp you desired, then stop and wait the digit flashing for 3 times, the setting is done and the led shows the current water temp again. The controller is connect with separate sensitive thermometer 【Fully submersible Aquarium Heater】with strong suction cups on the heater guard and the thermometer, it’s easy to install the aquarium heater no to the tank walls or bottom, please keep them fully submerged. The thermometer should be away from the heater and keep water circulation as far as possible. Keep the tank wall clean and check the suction cup regulary is very important to make sure the heater and the thermometer stay in place
11/24/2017 · Aquarium heaters – all you need to know about fish tank heaters: how aquarium heater work, how to install aquarium heater, where to place aquarium heater, wh…
10/23/2020 · The aquarium heater not only creates the right water temperature for your fish, but it plays a critical role in keeping that water temperature stable. Preview Product … Like all equipment, heaters can malfunction or break, potentially overheating your tank …
hygger 200W Titanium Aquarium Heater for Salt Water and Fresh Water, Digital Submersible Heater with External IC Thermostat Controller and Thermometer, for Fish Tank 20-45 Gallon
【For Fish Tank 20-45 Gallon】voltage 110-120V, power 200W, heater rod length 10.7inch. The heater and controller power cords are the same length 5.5ft, the thermometer cord is 4.4ft. There are mounting holes on the temp controller back for hanging on the wall 【Fully Automatic Control】very easy and reliable to use. After well installing the aquarium heater and the thermometer, you just need to set the desired heating temp, it will stop heating when the water temp reaches to the set temp, it will automatically restart heating when the water temp is 1℉ less than the set temp. The controller has temp setting remember function 【Durable Titanium Tube】this seawater resistant titanium aquarium heater is good for use in salt water and fresh water, service life can be 3 years or more. Very compact small, easy to hide in the tank. Don’t suggest to use it in sump. The diameter of the titanium tube is19mm, you can buy suction cups suitable for this size when you need to get that replaced. 【Digital LED Display】the IC temp controller can show the water temp and set temp at the same time, and there is a indicator light to show the heating status. You can press the ‘up’ key to shift degree unit between Celsius and Fahrenheit 【Wide Temperature Range】With the thermostat controller you can set the temp from 32℉to 104℉, control precision is 1℉, please set the right temp for your aquarium pets. The separate thermometer can detect a temperature from -68℉ to 140℉, the measurement accuracy is 0.2℉ plus or minus, very sensitive
10/24/2006 · Heater malfunction, killed fish. Thread starter mjn5647; Start date Oct 23, 2006; … and it has been working great, there is no temp control on the heater (i cant say put aquarium to 78, and it does it, i have to get the tank to 78, then turn the power down til the heater turns off, then it will turn on when ever the temp goes down) and it is …
Always unplug the heater and allow it to cool before removing it from the filter. Never attempt to open or repair the heater. Any signs of damage or malfunction and the heater should be replaced with an original JUWEL Aquarium heater. Never repair the electrical cord or plug. In case of damage replace the complete heater.
Aquarium Heater, Submersible Fish Tank Heater 300W with Titanium Tube Thermostat System LED Digital Play and Remote Controller for 50-60 Gallon Tank
- 🐠 Premium Titanium Alloy Material & pinpoint probe 🐠: The seaELF aquarium heater made by premium titanium alloy, shatterproof, anti explosion, anti cracking and anti-corrosion than quartz glass aquarium heater and stainless steel tank heater, good for fresh water and sea water. The precise sensing probe on the top of heater for pinpoint temperature and double seal design to ensure safe operation. The heating tube with CE, RoHS, FC approved and the plug with UL approved.
- 🐠 Remote Controller & LCD Display 🐠: Update design with remote controller and LCD display , easy to setting and adjusting the aquarium heater’s temperature by remote controller and easy know the tank’s temperature by the LCD display, no need to buy extra temperature and wet your hands to setting the temperature again. (the remote is non waterproof, please keep it away from water).
- 🐠 Intelligent Overheating Protection & Lack-of Water Protection 🐠: With double sensing probe on the top, it will accurate detect the temperature and water, once overheating or the water cant cover the top of this aquarium heater, it will automatic power-off, prevent electric shock & burns and keep you and your fish safe. (E2,E8 display are mean overheating, please increase the water circulation when it happens)
- 🐠 Intelligent Thermostat Heating System 🐠：This aquarium heater made with intelligent thermostat heating system, it will heating automatically once the water temperature is less than the setting temperature and stop heating once it reached the setting temperature. Keep the aquarium water in a same temperature environment to protect fishes, amphibians, turtles and so on.(Please install it near a strong water flow).
- 🐠 100% satisfaction 🐠: Just to show you how confident we are that your fish will enjoy the aquarium water heater, we are giving you a 6 month money-back guarantee, if there any problem when you install the heater or any un-satisfied with this product, please feel free to contact us for resend or refund, we will dealing with it within 48 hrs.
11/19/2020 · What is an aquarium heater controller, and how does it work? As the name suggests, an aquarium heater controller allows you to precisely regulate the temperature of your fish tank – much more accurately than just using an aquarium heater alone.. Think of a temperature controller as an external thermostat specifically for your fish tank.. There are two types of aquarium temperature …
Sera Aquarium Heaters. We matched six noteworthy sera aquarium heaters over the recent 3 years. Locate which sera aquarium heaters is best. You can also Filter by type, model, water type and tank capacity or opt for one of our sera aquarium heaters feature picks.
- Ideal for 50-80 gallons fish tanks, can be installed in both fresh and saltwater.
- Red rotatable knob on top for adjusting the temperatures between ranges of 68°F-93°F. Visible temperature displayed allows accurate temperature maintain.
- Please notice the red indicator light is on while working, will automatically turn off when temperature reached. Carefully check external condition before use. Recommend testing before introduce to fish.
- Water-tight with IP68 sealing workmanship. Fix the heater tightly to the tank in vertical or horizontal with 3 strong suction cups. Shatterproof 2 mm extra thick quartz glass prevents electricity leakage and scratching. Measures 11.2″ x 1″ (L x D)
- Come with Uniclife aquarium heater x 1; Suction Cups x 3; stick-on thermometer x 1(The color of number will change to blue to indicate the temperature).
10/5/2018 · The best aquarium heaters for one person, may not necessarily be for another. The type of heater that you choose will most likely fall down to three main factors; size, cost and personal preference. Size. The very basic rule of thumb is that you need between 2.5 and 5 watts per gallon of water volume. This can obviously vary depending on how …
9/19/2019 · Using multiple, smaller heaters reduces the damage caused by equipment malfunction. If one of the heaters gets too hot, it’s likely not powerful enough on its own to overheat the whole aquarium. If one heater shuts off, then you have a second heater as a backup that will prevent the water from getting too cold.
hygger 800W Aquarium Heater, Submersible Fish Tank Water Heater with External Color LED Digital Temperature Controller, Fast Heating for 120-180 Gallon for Saltwater and Freshwater
LED DIGITAL DISPLAY CONTROLLER: ① Displays real-time water temperature or set temperature, three-digit display, water temperature display accurate to 0.1 °F, easy to read. ② 4 kinds of work instructions – Working/Malfunction/ Thermostatic/ Out of water, easy to understand. ③ Child Lock”KEY”: need to touch 3 seconds to set the temperature. RAPID HEATING: Fastest 5 seconds warming, with intelligent circuit board, the outside is wrapped with aluminum material to accelerate heat conduction and protection. Automatically reduces power when approaching the set temperature, fully utilizes thermal energy inertia to smoothly reach the set temperature, saving energy. INTELLIGENT THERMOSTAT: Over-temperature protection prevents “cooking fish”. When the water temp exceeds about 93.5 °F, start alternately flashing EE fault code; and over 97℉, the heater will stop heating automatically. When the water temp cool down to 93℉, the heater will start working automatically. In addition, it has a power-off memory function and no need to set it again. ANTI-DRY PROTECTION: When the heating rod is exposed to air, display ER fault code and the heater will shut off automatically. When the heating rod is completely immersed in water, it will start working automatically. Effectively extend the service life. HIGH-QUALITY MATERIALS: Built-in dual temperature probe, real-time monitoring of water temperature, temperature accuracy of ± 1 °F; high temperature resistant ABS material, no deformation and no softening, explosion-proof and anti-corrosion, no leakage of electricity. Strong suction cup bracket, can stably fix the heater in every corner of the fish tank.
It is important to understand whether or not the aquarium heater is programmed to turn off when not fully immersed in water, which is helpful during water changes when the water level goes very low. Some heaters can malfunction if not designed to withstand being out of water. Carefully chose the heater that works best for the situation.
4/10/2009 · Heater thermostat on aquarium set to 79F, but temperature is 100F. Non survived the heater malfunction :*(— avansyn (@avansyn) April 10, 2009
Inkbird Aquarium Heater with Probe Thermostat Fish Ornamental Shrimp Reef Tanks 24 Hours Double Time with Day Night Automatic Temperature Controller
【Two Heating Plug】 Temperature control mode: on / off control. Please note that it is just a heating controller with no cooling function. Both plugs can control heating. The probe comes with a suction tray, which can be easily installed on the water tank. 【Applicable scene】Because it has the powerful function of corrosion protection, it is very suitable for fresh water, sea water aquarium, coral cylinder, ornamental shrimp and tropical fish. 【Dual Time Cycle Setting】Different daytime and night temperatures can be set within 24 hours depending on the physical needs of animals and plants. 【LED display screen】Plug-and-play products are designed with a dual liquid crystal display that provides a temperature display of Celsius or Fahrenheit, capable of displaying. 【Different function】Temperature calibration, over-temperature sensor fault alarm(over-temperature and sensor fault alarm). Maximum output load: 1100 W (110 V).
6/28/2020 · The most common heater malfunction is that the heating element dies completely, rendering the heater useless. In winter, especially if you keep your aquarium anywhere near a window or other drafty area, this can kill the fish quickly if they are adapted to higher tropical temperatures.
3/18/2020 · The number of aquarium heaters; Most aquarists recommend the use of more than a single heater if you decide to use either a submersible or hang-on heater for your aquarium. Having more than one aquarium heater ensures that there is back-up just in case one malfunction. This, in turn, ensures that your aquarium’s inhabitants do not get shocked …
The NICREW Submersible Aquarium Heater features an adjustable temperature ranging from 68 °F-94 °F. It has an automatic shut off feature when submersion falls short. This is to prevent damage and malfunction. This easy-to-hide aquarium heater is sleek and compact that you can place behind decorations and plants.
Top 13 Best Aquarium Heaters 2020 1. Cobalt Aquatics Flat Neo-Therm Heater with Adjustable Thermostat (Fully-Submersible, Shatterproof Design) from 25W to 300W. This is one of the best aquarium heaters out in the market because of its reliable neo-therm quality that allows the responsiveness of the temperature to be set within the required limit.
The first on our list is the Cobalt Aquatics Flat Neo-Therm Heater with Adjustable Thermostat. With its simple interface and futuristic design, this is one heater that will also add pizzazz to your aquarium. The super flat-design on this aquarium heater allows it to heat faster, so you can count on this device to heat your machine as soon as possible.
9/7/2018 · A home aquarium is a self-contained ecosystem that needs to remain in balance for the health and longevity of your fish and other tank inhabitants. In addition to keeping your tank water clean and clear, you also need to maintain a stable tank temperature. Aquarium fish are generally fairly hardy when it comes to minor … 7 Best Aquarium Heaters with Our Large and Small Tank Picks Read More »
The Hydor inline heater is one of the top aquarium heaters in the market. Whether you make a self-sustaining aquarium, a biotope aquarium, or a generic one, at some point, you’ll feel the necessity for a heater. An aquarium heater helps to achieve and maintain the optimum temperature for your fish to flourish. This Hydor inline heater review aims to let you know its features, pros, and cons …