To protect from overheating that can cause damage, always unplug the heater when doing aquarium water changes or removing it from the water. Maintain the level of the water in the tank to keep any particular type of heater submersed properly as instructed. Avoid DIY Heater Repair Don’t try to repair or use a broken heater.
hygger Fast Heating Titanium Aquarium Heater with LED Digital Temp Controller 800W Submersible Fish Heater for 120-180 Gallon Freshwater Marine Tank. This fully submersible aquarium heater enables memory function and over heat protection. Auto shut off when over-heats…
JunBo Mini Aquarium Heater Submersible Heater for Small & Mini Fish Tank Under 10 Gallon, Intelligent Constant Temperature, Overheat Protection System, 25 Watt (US Standard Plug)
- 🐟🐟 [Dedicated Mini Sized Designed] – Specific for small and mini sized aquarium under 5 gallons or 20 liters.
- 🐟🐟 [Easier to Use] – Automatic temperature regulate on 77℉ – 83℉, no complicated operations required. Easier to use, higher cost performance.
- 🐟🐟 [High Quality Materials] – Made by heat resistant ABS housing, sandy quartz filler and MCH Alumina ceramic heating system, anti explosion & cracking, safer and more stable to use.
- 🐟🐟 [Intelligent Control] – Adopted intelligent circuit board, with a temperature sensing probe and constant temperature heating system. No more operations needed, just plug the power cable then it will work.
- 🐟🐟 [Quality Assurance] – This product has certificated by CE, ROHS, FCC certifications. We provide 1 year quality assurance for this product, we will provide replacement items for any product problems within 1 year after your purchase it.
An aquarium heater can overheat and explode the glass tube that let many heater elements out and can catch any flammable things to start a fire. Otherwise, this scenario is quite hard to happen because the heater and its wire are designed to heatproof and submerged in …
Temperature fluctuations are very stressful for aquarium life. This is something to keep in mind during the warm summer months that involve temperature swings between hotter days and cooler nights (not to mention the temperature fluctuations that can result …
hygger 50W Titanium Aquarium Heater for Salt Water and Fresh Water, Digital Submersible Heater with External IC Thermostat Controller and Thermometer, for Fish Tank 5-10 Gallon
- 🐠【For Fish Tank 5-10 Gallon】voltage 110-120V, power 50W, heater rod length 8.7inch. The heater and controller power cords are the same length 5.5ft, the thermometer cord is 4.4ft. There are mounting holes on the temp controller back for hanging on the wall
- 🐠【Fully Automatic Control】very easy and reliable to use. After well installing the aquarium heater and the thermometer, you just need to set the desired heating temp, it will stop heating when the water temp reaches to the set temp, it will automatically restart heating when the water temp is 1℉ less than the set temp. The controller has temp setting remember function
- 🐠【Durable Titanium Tube】this seawater resistant titanium aquarium heater is good for use in salt water and fresh water, service life can be 3 years or more. Very compact small, easy to hide in the tank. Don’t suggest to use it in sump. The diameter of the titanium tube is19mm, you can buy suction cups suitable for this size when you need to get that replaced.
- 🐠【Digital LED Display】the IC temp controller can show the water temp and set temp at the same time, and there is a indicator light to show the heating status. You can press the ‘up’ key to shift degree unit between Celsius and Fahrenheit
- 🐠【Wide Temperature Range】With the thermostat controller you can set the temp from 32℉to 104℉, control precision is 1℉, please set the right temp for your aquarium pets. The separate thermometer can detect a temperature from -68℉ to 140℉, the measurement accuracy is 0.2℉ plus or minus, very sensitive
Sep 01, 2020 · The heater warms the water around it, and the aquarium filter pump circulates the warmed water around the tank. For that reason, you should always position your heater next to the filter pump outlet. Provided that the flow is strong enough, the heat generated by the heating unit should be evenly distributed throughout the fish tank.
I am incredibly paranoid about my aquarium overheating after a very close-call with my tetra heater in the ten gallon. Luckily I caught it in time and no-one was harmed. For my 70 gallon, I have no heater as of yet and need to purchase it. I know that I’m basically buying insurance for my fish, and I am willing to wait to save up and make a …
hygger 100W Mini Submersible Digital Display Aquarium Heater for Small Fish Tank, Compact and Fast Heating Thermostat, with External Controller and Built-in Thermometer, for Betta, Turtle
- 🐠【Compact Small Heater】110-120V/60HZ oval shape design little aquarium heater, fast heating for small fish tank. 50W tank heater is for 1-6.5gallon, 100W tank heater is for 6.5-13 gallon. Heater Dimension: 2.7×1.4x 4.5 inch. The power cord is 5ft, long enough for use indoors. With 2 strong suction cups at the back side of the betta heater, it’s easy to install it on to glass, acrylic or plastic tank
- 🐠【External Controller】easy to set the temp on the controller, only show farenheit temp, you can set the temp range from 63℉ to 94℉, temp accuracy 1℉. Every time you set the temp, just press the button over and over until it reaches to your desired temp, then stop and wait the digit flashing for 3 times, then setting is done. Keep the controller away from water, it’s not waterproof
- 🐠【Digital Display】with led display on the midle of the heater front side, when the fish tank heater is heating, there indicator light above the digit is on red, when it stop heating, the light is off. The heater with a built-in thermometer, when temp setting is done, the led will show the water temp all the time. The led will display the set temp digit only when you press the controller
- 🐠【Reliable Thermostat】this an automatic aquarium thermostat, after finishing the temp setting, you can be confidence on that it will maintain the tank water at the temp you set. The tank heater will stop heating when the water temp reaches to set temp, it will restart to heating when the water temp is 1℉ off the set temp. If the water temp is over 95℉, the heater will auto shut off and led displaying HH, it will work normally again when the water temp is lower than 95℉
- 🐠【Shut off When Out of Water】please note that this a fully submersible aquarium heater for fresh water and saltwater tank, when the top part of the heater is out of water it will auto shut off and the led displaying E1, when fully in water again it will return to normal work again
A decent heater should be able to heat a tank a couple of degrees above ambient room temperature. A general rule for stable temperatures is to have around 5 watts per gallon of water. If you have a tank over 75 gallons, we also recommend using two (or more) heaters instead of buying one very powerful heater.
Feb 02, 2005 · Just as common are heaters sticking on – that’s when it gets fatal just touch the front of the glass ocassionaly, it’ll tell you if things are ok in there . C. … The fish may have gotten over one overheating, but who’s to say another won’t make them all keel over. Salty Fishes Large Fish. Feb 2, 2005 #14. Jul 6, 2004 240 0 0 33 Massachusetts …
- Precise temperature setting to 1-degree F (68-88 degrees F)
- Recommended for aquariums up to 100- Gallons
- Shatter-resistant construction, fully submersible
- LED light turns on when aquarium water is being heated; Automatic safety shut off and overheat protection
- Lifetime Limited Warranty
Nov 19, 2020 · All it takes is for your heater to remain on longer than it should, and you risk overheating your fish. That’s where an aquarium heater controller comes in. This important device may just save your fish’s life. And today, I am going to teach you all about it.
For tropical fishes a reliable heater is necessary, at least during the colder months of the year. Many aquarists in temperate climates face the opposite problem during the dog days of summer—keeping the aquarium from overheating. Advice for Maintaining Aquarium Heaters. Both submersible and hang-on heaters are available.
AKL Aquarium Heater, 500W/300W Adjustable External Inline Heater Fish Tank Canister Filter Tank Fish LED Display Overheating Protection Adjustable 12.2″X 2″X 3.5″,500w
- [Temperature Range]: Precise temperature adjustment from 20 °C to 35 °C.
- [LED Display Design]: external electronic theromstat, it has LED display that clearly shows you the temperature setting in either Celsius.
- [Over-temperature protection]: When the water temperature exceeds 34 °C, stop heating and prevent boiling fish.keeping you pet fish stay in a healthy and safety environment.
- [Intelligent temperature sensing]: dual temperature probe, accurate temperature control.
- [HIGH QUALITY]: The shell is made of high temperature resistant ABS material without deformation,no softening,and internal ceramic heating body, which effectively prevents damage caused by fish and turtles.
Oct 24, 2020 · Safe aquarium heaters should have an automatic shut-off so that the aquarium doesn’t accidentally overheat and kill the fish. Fully submersible heaters are much safer because of the much smaller potential for an electrical break.
Nov 18, 2020 · The Tetra HT Submersible Aquarium Heater ensures your aquarium is always at the optimal temperature for your fish. It is simple to use, and the thermostat turns off when the temperature is right. The indicator light will display when the heater is working to warm the water and also when it has shut off. This aquarium heater requires no adjustment.
Lineba 500 Watt Submersible Aquarium Heater Anti-Explosion Fish Tank Auto Thermostat Protective Sleeve Suction Cup 53-93 Gallon
- 🐠FULLY SUBMERSIBLE AQUARIUM HEATER: 500W 110V Strong Quartz Glass Aquarium Fish Tank Heater, Suitable for aquariums range from 53 to 93 gallons (200-350 liters). Includes 150cm cable for easy use
- 🐠TEMPERATURE SCALE: Compact underwater fish tank heater can adjust temperature between 68°F~94°F (20°C~34°C). Maintain constant and stable temperatures for your aquatic creatures
- 🐠EXPLOSION-PROOF SHATTERPROOF SHIELD-PROOF DESIGN: Thanks to its high quality Quartz Glass material and its Protective Sleeve, Lineba aquarium heater is shatter resistant & more durable than conventional glass tank heaters
- 🐠ACCURATE THERMAL CONTROL: Set and adjust the desired temperature with the use of the Temperature Controller on the top of the aquarium heater. This allows accurate thermal control via the easy set thermostat for precise
- 🐠SAFETY GUARANTEE: LINEBA aquarium heater will automatically turn off as the temperature rises above the internal setting you choose and turns back on like a clockwork once it sufficiently cools down to ensure the right temperature （To avoid plastic protective melting, Please Do Not plug up the tank heater until it’s immersed in water completely）
There is no danger of damage if the External Heater is left running dry for short periods as the External Heater will switch itself off in that event. The External Heater heats with high efficiency by means of an internal heat pump system that avoids temperature variations. For use in freshwater and marine aquariums. Fits most canister filters.re.
Hydor Original ETH is often marketed as the best aquarium heater for external use. It comes with some really nice features, such as an electronic thermostat, providing high precision of temp measuring and a proprietary PTC heater. The latter is reliably protected from overheating, which guarantees the maximum safety of the device.
HITOP 25W 50W Adjustable Aquarium Heater, Submersible Fish Tank Heater Thermostat with Suction Cup (50W)
- 🐟 Thickened Glass: 2mm thickened quartz glass, 33% thicker than 1.5mm normal aquarium heaters, much safer for human and your lovely fishes, your pets will no longer fear the winter.
- 🐟 Automatic Constant Temperature Function: this fish heater, adjustable temperature 68 ~ 93 °F, will shut off automatically when the temperature is reached, no extra adjustment is required.
- 🐟 Quick and easy installation, submersible fish tank heater, vertical or horizontal placement using suction cups. 1 extra powerful suction cups as your backup (total 3).
- 🐟 50W aquarium heater, length 7.8-inch, power cord 4.9ft, designed for small fish tanks, recommended for aquariums up to 20 Gallons.
- 🐟 Bonus a stick-on thermometer, no need to buy another thermometer, 24-Hour Professional After-sales Service.
If you opt for a submersible one, it should be placed low into the water yet not touching the gravel. As gravel won’t conduct heat well, once you turn on the heater and it heats the gravel, the tank glass will crack or shatter. Submersible heaters are fully submersible and no part must be left out of the water.
If your heater doesn’t fit correctly to your aquarium, is not working properly, or was turned on while it was out of the water, replace it. Immersing a malfunctioning heater in water can overheat or electrocute your fish, burn you, or start a fire. Frequently Asked Questions. What heater is recommended for a small, plastic fish tank?
- 🔥SAFE& DURABLE: Made of heat-resistant quartz glass and PC plastic cover, double seal material, providing explosion-proof, shatterproof, IP68 waterproof, much safer for human and your lovely fishes, your pets will no longer fear the winter
- 🔥INTELLIGENT AUTOMATIC HEATING: Automatic constant temperature function, design with External Temperature Controller, Temperature Range is 59ºF- 93 ° F (15 ° C- 34 ° C), Hold button at the top of the controller down for 5 seconds, switch easily from Celsius to Fahrenheit. It will restart to heating when the water temp is 1℉(1° C ) off the set temp. If power is shut off, the heater will keep the temperature settings until it powers on again
- 🔥Digital LED Display: LED display on the middle of the controller front side, Current Temp and Set Temp. If your heater is working properly, the red light will be constant on. When the temperature is reached 93℉(34℃), it will stop work, the blue light will be constant on. When the heater exposed to air and is not fully submerged, then display the blue light and E1 fault
- 🔥EASY INSTALLATION: Easy and quick installation, submersible fish tank heater, vertical or horizontal placement using attached adjustable hanging rack and 2 suction cups. NOTE: Please make sure that the heater is completely submerged in the water before turning on the power, and install it near the water flowing area to prevent uneven heating
- 🔥WIDE APPLICATION: Suitable for freshwater and saltwater aquariums. NOTE: Before you clean the aquarium or change water, please cut off the heater power, after 10 minute cooling then take out the heater. AQQA provide 12 Month Warranty and 24 Hour Professional After-sales Service. Please don’t hesitate to contact us to get help
Nov 11, 2020 · A too-powerful heater can also be potentially dangerous for your aquarium if it breaks and doesn’t stop heating when the water reaches the right temperature. It’ll quickly overheat the water, putting your fish in danger.
What Is the Best Aquarium Heater? Out of all the supplies you need to buy when setting up a new fish tank, the aquarium heater is not one to skimp on. You want to find a good quality brand that is safe and reliable because unproven brands may fail by overheating, shutting down, or cracking – all with disastrous results.
- ★100W aquarium heater is suitable for 15 to 30 gallons aquariums,Length – 9″,voltage 110-120V, power cord is 6ft, please choose the right wattage aquarium heater according to our size chart.
- ★It shows an area to adjust the temperature. It’s not exactly accurate but it turns easy and can be adjusted at small intervals.
- ★Explosion Proof: 2mm thickened quartz glass,can be used in fresh water and salt water aquariums,easy to hide in the tank.
- ★Precise temperature dial from 68 to 89°F allows for complete control of aquatic climate within a 1-degree difference.
- ★Adjustable Aquarium Fish Tank Water Heater Sensitive and reliable thermostat maintains uniform temperature. Automatic shut off when the temperature is reached
Mar 04, 2020 · But there are a few precautions you can take to reduce the risks. The biggest one being redundancy. If your fish are sensitive to cold water, buy two lower wattage heaters (in the 3WPG range.) If you’re worried about your water overheating, hook your heater up to an alert system – which aren’t as expensive as you think.
1300W Titanium Fully Submersible Portable Electric Immersion Water Heater, 100% Waterproof, Built-in Thermostat, Auto shutoff, Overheating Prevention, Bucket Water Heater, Easy and Convenient to Use 4.3 out of 5 stars 31
Aquarium Heater 500W/800W/1000W/1200W, Double Heating Tubes, Fast Heating and Power Saving, External Digital Temp Controller, Suitable for 50-160 Gallon Salt Water and Fresh Water Fish Tanks（1200W）
- 【PRECISE TEMPERATURE CONTROL】The built-in PID chip realizes rapid heating, smart constant temperature, stability and precision, temperature setting range is 68~93ºF and the temperature difference is within ±1ºF. The heater provides a comfortable living environment for your aquatic creatures
- 【SAFE AND DURABLE】Explosion-proof quartz tube, special safety design for auto shut off when overheating or not fully submerged. The heater provides a super safe living environment for your fish.
- 【REALTIME TEMPERATURE DISPLAY】The LED digital display controller displays the real-time water temperature and set temperature, so you can keep track of the fish tank temperature at any time.
- 【HIGH-QUALITY MATERIAL】ABS plastic integral molding, no deformation, no softening, explosion-proof and anti-corrosion, no pollution, high insulation strength, suitable for both fresh water and sea water. The double-row suction cup bracket can stably fix the heater on any corner of the fish tank
- 【Four Size Available】500W(50-80 gal), 800W(80-105 Gal), 1000W(105-130 Gal), 1200W(130-160 Gal).
The heater’s 2 quartz bulbs reflect heat onto nearby objects just like the sun, warming the area in front of the heater gently and efficiently. Simply pull the cord to turn it on and off. The heater’s 2 quartz bulbs reflect heat onto nearby objects just like the sun, warming the area in front of the heater …