Sizing a tank heater (or heaters) is based on the water volume of the tank, the average temperature in the room where the tank is located, and the desired water temperature for the tank. For the heater wattage, the basic rule of thumb is to use between 2.5 and 5 watts per gallon of actual water volume in the aquarium.
When setting up an aquarium, your goal is to create a little bubble of the environment that your fish and other aquatic critters would live in if they were in the wild—that includes water temperature. Aside from cold-water species, such as goldfish, that usually requires an aquarium heater, and it’s essential to choose the right heater size for your fish tank to maintain the right …
Orlushy Submersible Aquarium Heater 300W-Fish Tahk Heater with Adjust Knob Thermostat 2 Suction Cups Suitable for Marine Reef Fish Tank Sump
- ★300W aquarium heater is suitable for 50 to 80 gallons aquariums,Length – 11 inch,voltage 110-120V, power cord is 6ft, please choose the right wattage aquarium heater according to our size chart.
- ★It shows an area to adjust the temperature. It’s not exactly accurate but it turns easy and can be adjusted at small intervals.
- ★Explosion Proof: 2mm thickened quartz glass,can be used in fresh water and salt water aquariums,easy to hide in the tank.
- ★Precise temperature dial from 68 to 89°F allows for complete control of aquatic climate within a 1-degree difference.
- ★Adjustable Aquarium Fish Tank Water Heater Sensitive and reliable thermostat maintains uniform temperature. Automatic shut off when the temperature is reached
Aquarium size To raise the water temperature 0.1-5ºF above the room temperature, you need a heater with… To raise the water temperature 5.1-10ºF above the room temperature, you need a heater with… To raise the water temperature 10.1-15ºF above the room temperature, you need a heater with… 5 gallons: 25 watts: 50 watts: 75 watts: 10 gallons
When it comes to selecting the best aquarium heater size there is no “per gallon” rule that works in all cases. More often than not the size of your heater will be determined by the wattage and quality of your heater. This means the cheapest, biggest heater may not be the best aquarium heater.
- Fully submersible
- Thermo safey control protects against running dry
- Will automatically turn off when water level dips too low
- TruTemp dial recalibrates the heater for precise temperature regulation
- Made of shock resistant and shatter proof glass for fresh or marine water
- On/Off indicator light for at-a-glance monitoring
Aquarium Heater Size Guide. As I have briefly explained above, the size of the aquarium heater you purchase will depend on the size of your fish tank. Even so, please note that while most heaters rating are for specific fish tank sizes, what matters more is wattage per gallon.
Aquarium Heater Size – aquariumdimensions A 10-gallon tank will do fine with a 50-watt heater if the water temperature has to be raised by 8-10°F but will need a 75-watt heater if it has to raised by 16-18°F.
hygger 800W Aquarium Heater, Submersible Fish Tank Water Heater with External Color LED Digital Temperature Controller, Fast Heating for 120-180 Gallon for Saltwater and Freshwater
LED DIGITAL DISPLAY CONTROLLER: ① Displays real-time water temperature or set temperature, three-digit display, water temperature display accurate to 0.1 °F, easy to read. ② 4 kinds of work instructions – Working/Malfunction/ Thermostatic/ Out of water, easy to understand. ③ Child Lock”KEY”: need to touch 3 seconds to set the temperature. RAPID HEATING: Fastest 5 seconds warming, with intelligent circuit board, the outside is wrapped with aluminum material to accelerate heat conduction and protection. Automatically reduces power when approaching the set temperature, fully utilizes thermal energy inertia to smoothly reach the set temperature, saving energy. INTELLIGENT THERMOSTAT: Over-temperature protection prevents “cooking fish”. When the water temp exceeds about 93.5 °F, start alternately flashing EE fault code; and over 97℉, the heater will stop heating automatically. When the water temp cool down to 93℉, the heater will start working automatically. In addition, it has a power-off memory function and no need to set it again. ANTI-DRY PROTECTION: When the heating rod is exposed to air, display ER fault code and the heater will shut off automatically. When the heating rod is completely immersed in water, it will start working automatically. Effectively extend the service life. HIGH-QUALITY MATERIALS: Built-in dual temperature probe, real-time monitoring of water temperature, temperature accuracy of ± 1 °F; high temperature resistant ABS material, no deformation and no softening, explosion-proof and anti-corrosion, no leakage of electricity. Strong suction cup bracket, can stably fix the heater in every corner of the fish tank.
8/5/2018 · In order to select the right size heater for your fish tank, you need to know how many gallons of water your tank holds. Once you know how many gallons your aquarium holds, then a good rule of thumb to follow is that your aquarium heater will need to output at least 3 to 5 watts of power for every gallon of water.If you want a more precise answer you can use the aquarium heater size calculator …
9/24/2020 · Aquarium volume = 20 gallons; Heater wattage required = 50 watts; Filtration System Size. Every fish tank should have a filtration system, regardless of its size. But a filter will only be effective if it is the right size for the aquarium volume.
hygger Fast Heating Titanium Aquarium Heater with LED Digital Temp Controller 800W Submersible Fish Heater for 120-180 Gallon Freshwater Marine Tank
- This fully submersible aquarium heater enables memory function and over heat protection. Auto shut off when over-heats, resets when it cools down.
- Made with premium titanium and double sealed by black protective guard, this fish tank heater is resistant to explosion and corrosion, and protect fish and other livestocks from punching and scalding
- Build-in external IC temp controller, easy to read blue LED digital number shows real time water temperature. Temp accuracy is +/- 1°F.
- Easy to set temperature without getting hands wet. Build in hand button, Keep pushing the button. It will cycle through all the set temperatures. Temperature can be precisely adjusted from 70 to 94°F
- 800W aquarium heater, voltage 110-120V, suitable for tank capactiy 120-180 gallon freshwater and marine water aquariums
Most aquarium heaters range from 25 watts to 300 watts. Smaller aquariums require smaller heaters. A 10-gallon tank, for example, will typically need a 25- to 75-watt heater, while a 75-gallon tank will require 250 to 300 watts. Larger tanks may require multiple heaters.
*Always unplug heaters before working on your aquarium! Please note that these heater size recommendations are approximations. Tank wall thickness and whether or not you use a lid or top on your aquarium could affect the heater size needed. Chiller Size Calculator.
Orlushy Mini Aquarium Heater 50W,Small Fish Tank Heaters with LED Digital Temperature Display and External Temperature Controller for Betta Frogs Newts Turtles (50W)
- ★ 50W Submersible Aquarium Heater is Suitable for 3-10 Gallon.Temperature range: 65°F~93°F（18°C~34°C）, power cord is 5 FT.
- ★ LED Display Design: LED digital display, External temperature controller,easy to use and Safety.
- ★ The Digital Smart Aquarium Heater is a heater and thermometer combined into one, eliminating the need for more equipment in smaller tanks.
- ★ Please be sure that the heater needs to be completely sunk into water, horizontal or vertical fixed in the water cycle better place, and let the working light can be seen as clear as possible.
- ★ Applicable for freshwater and marine aquariums, aquaculture, glass containers, and hydroponic systems
6/24/2020 · It depends much on the size of the tank. A 25-watt heater for a 2-5-gallon tank; A 50-watt heater for a 5-10-gallon tank; Conclusion. Preparing the best heater for small tanks is also an important task when caring for an aquarium. The better the heater can run, the more ideal the tank will be for fishes to live inside.
11/5/2020 · The best method to work out the wattage of heater required for your home aquarium fish tank is to consider the average ambient temperature of the room and work out how much extra heat will be required to increase the temperature of the water above this. Tank Size: Heat 5ºC/9ºF: Heat 10ºC/18ºF: Heat 15ºC/27ºF: 5 gal/25 L: 25 watt: 50 watt …
hygger 500W Digital Quartz Aquarium Heater for Fresh-Water and Salt-Water, with External IC Thermostat Controller and Thermometer, Fast Heating Submersible Thermostat for Fish Tank 60-120 Gallon
【Fast Heating Up】voltage 110-120V/60HZ, power 500W, US three-pin plug, heater rod length 10.5 inch, 500W submersible heater for fish tank 60-120 gallon. The heater power cord is 6ft, the controller power cord is 5ft, the thermometer cord is 4.6ft. Temp range: 61-90℉. Fast heating up aquarium heater, it takes about 3 minutes to heat 3.5 gallon water up 3℉ 【Fully Automatic Control】very easy and reliable to use. After finishing the temperature setting, the fish tank heater will run automatically by itself. It will stop heating when the water temp reaches to the set temp, please note that the water temp may go up 1℉ more because of the waste heat. When the water temp is cool down to 1℉ less than the set temp, the tank heater will restart heating 【Quartz Tube & Plastic Guard】With high-quality quartz glass tube, it’s very durable and explosion-proof, this fish tank heater can be used for saltwater and freshwater aquariums, service life can be 3 years or more. With low profile black plastic guard, easy to hide in the tank. The guard can prevent your aquarium pets from burned, the gaps on the guard is about 3mm, no worries for fish stuck 【Digital LED Display Controller】the external IC temp controller can show the water temp with 2 blue LED digits. Only show Fahrenheit degrees. To set the temp, just press the button over and over until the screen displaying the temp you desired, then stop and wait the digit flashing for 3 times, the setting is done and the led shows the current water temp again. The controller is connect with separate sensitive thermometer 【Fully submersible Aquarium Heater】with strong suction cups on the heater guard and the thermometer, it’s easy to install the aquarium heater no to the tank walls or bottom, please keep them fully submerged. The thermometer should be away from the heater and keep water circulation as far as possible. Keep the tank wall clean and check the suction cup regulary is very important to make sure the heater and the thermometer stay in place
Not sure what size heater to get for your aquarium? There is a way to calculate the proper size heater, based on the temperature of the room and the volume of water in the tank. 03 of 05. Mini-heaters . Amazon. Many fish that require heated water for optimal health (such as the Betta) are kept in small tanks or bowls. Unfortunately, mini tanks …
11/8/2020 · The following three conditions determine the correct-sized heater for you: The size of your tank, Your room temperature, and; The temperature you want to raise your aquarium water to. The power of an aquarium heater is measured in watts (W). The more watts, the more powerful the heater. A 20-watt heater, for example, is twice as powerful as a …
POPETPOP [Upgraded 400W Aquarium Heater – Submersible Titanium Fish Tank Heaters with Intelligent LED Temperature Display
- √ [UPGRADED] MORE PRECISE TEMPERATURE – Upgraded sensing probes on the top of heater provides more precise induction that reduces temperature error which allows you check the temperature of the aquarium more easily to prevent the difference temperature in water from making the fish sick.
- √ [UPGRADED] DURABLE HEATING WIRE – The aquarium heater was changed from the original iron-chromium wire to the nickel-chromium wire to ensure the heater has longer life and precisely control heater temperature. It is extremely durable and stable, and faster heating than normal glass heaters.
- √ SAFETY PROTECTION – The fish tank aquarium heater has CE, FCC and ROHS certification. When sensing probe is exposed in the air or detected the water is overheating, the heater will stop heating. Giving your aquarium fish, amphibians, turtles safety protection.
- √ EASY TO ADJUST TEMPERATURE – LED digital display temperature that is easy to observe the temperature set by the heater. Using intelligent IC chip for more precise temperature control with less error (±1°C/±2℉). The touch button ensures that the hand is not wet when adjusting the temperature.
- √ SIMPLE OPERATION – The 400w fish tank heater can be used in 70-80gal gallon fresh water and salt water aquariums. Easy to set temp from 20°C ~ 34°C(68℉~ 94℉). Note: Don’t expose the heater out of water surface as this may cause damage to the heater.
9/19/2019 · What Size Aquarium Heater Do I Need? The general rule of thumb is 5 watts (W) of heat per 1 gallon of water if a) you need to heat the water up to 10 degrees above room temperature and b) you’re using an aquarium lid to retain warmth and prevent evaporative cooling. For example, if you have a 20-gallon tank under those conditions, the …
10/5/2018 · The Fluval E Heater is not underpowered. The reason for the lower rating for wattage in relation to aquarium size is because this heater turns on and off AS NEEDED, which is not what other heaters do. To say it can be 3 degrees off means someone bought the wrong size for their tank and didn’t read the recommended wattage.
- This 300 watt heater is for aquariums up to 80 gallons. Adjustable temperature dial allows you to set the temperature 1 degree with every click.
- Thermal Switch automatically turns off as temperature rises above an internal preset and turns back on once it cools down.
- The advanced heating element contains a mica core surrounded by a mesh heating element for superior heat transfer with enhanced durability
- Advanced mounting bracket securely attaches to glass and provides 3 window positions to view the temperature display
- Easy to view sliding scale tells the exact temperature setting. Top dial view shows the setting from an additional location.
1/26/2020 · What size aquarium heater do I need? Typically you want to get 5 watts per gallon. So with a 10 gallon tank, an informed buyer will get a 50 watt heater. How many watts per gallon does an aquarium heater use? Aquarium heaters will put out around three to five watts per gallon of water to maintain a stable temperature.
5/24/2020 · The general rule of thumb is to have a capacity of approximately 5 watts per gallon of water. Therefore, a 10 gallon aquarium will need a 50 watt heater. As the tank size increases, the larger water volume is able to retain the heat better. If the tank size is 40 gallons or larger, the watts per gallon can be reduces to approximately 3.5.
hygger 500W Aquarium Heater, Submersible Fish Tank Water Heater with External Color LED Digital Temperature Controller,PTC Ceramic Frequency Conversion Fast Heating for 60~120 Gallon
LED DIGITAL DISPLAY CONTROLLER: ① Displays real-time water temperature or set temperature, three-digit display, water temperature display accurate to 0.1 °F, easy to read. ② 4 kinds of work instructions – Working/Malfunction/ Thermostatic/ Out of water, easy to understand. ③ Child Lock”KEY”: need to touch 3 seconds to set the temperature. RAPID HEATING: Fastest 5 seconds warming, with intelligent circuit board, work with new PTC ceramic thermal conductive material, the outside is wrapped with aluminum material to accelerate heat conduction and protection. Automatically reduces power when approaching the set temperature, fully utilizes thermal energy inertia to smoothly reach the set temperature, saving energy. INTELLIGENT THERMOSTAT: Over-temperature protection prevents “cooking fish”. When the water temp exceeds about 93.5 °F, start alternately flashing EE fault code; and over 97℉, the heater will stop heating automatically. When the water temp cool down to 93℉, the heater will start working automatically. In addition, it has a power-off memory function and no need to set it again. ANTI-DRY PROTECTION: When the heating rod is exposed to air, display ER fault code and the heater will shut off automatically. When the heating rod is completely immersed in water, it will start working automatically. Effectively extend the service life. (PS: Suitable for freshwater only.) HIGH-QUALITY MATERIALS: Built-in dual temperature probe, real-time monitoring of water temperature, temperature accuracy of ± 1 °F; high temperature resistant ABS material, no deformation and no softening, explosion-proof and anti-corrosion, no leakage of electricity. Strong suction cup bracket, can stably fix the heater in every corner of the fish tank.
1/3/2013 · A good rule of thumb to determine what size heater you may need for your small aquarium is: 5 watts for every 5 gallons This is not an absolute rule as different heaters may work more effectively than others, but this will help guide you to finding a heater that is better suited for the size tank you need.
7/15/2014 · Check out some of the best aquarium heaters for your 10-gallon, 30-gallon or 55-gallon freshwater fish tank and get advice on which size, brand and type to consider.
VIVOSUN 300W Aquarium Heater Submersible Titanium Fish Tank Heaters with Intelligent LED Temperature Display and External Temperature Controller
- PRECISE TEMPERATURE CONTROL: An intelligent IC chip controls the heater temperature, making the temperature difference within ±1℃/±2ºF; Provide the best living environment for your aquatic creatures
- SAFETY GUARANTEE: Made with IP68, the highest waterproof level; and a titanium tube material that features explosion-proof and anti-corrosion engineering, which makes this submersible heater more resistant to damage while heating better than traditional glass heaters; Built with overheat and water shortage protection
- EXTERNAL TEMPERATURE CONTROLLER: The touch-button controller adjusts the temperature without getting your hands wet. It’s easy to control the temp from 68℉/20°C to 94℉/34°C; Check the size chart to find your desired fish tank heater
- EASY TO SETUP: 300W submersible heater is suitable for 50 to 60 gallons aquariums; Vertical or horizontal installation and ensure the device is fully submerged underwater
- WIDE COMPATIBILITY: The fish tank aquarium heater has CE, FCC and ROHS certification and the plug has a UL certification; Applicable for freshwater and marine aquariums, aquaculture, glass containers, and hydroponic systems
2/7/2018 · The controller is set a degree below the first heater so if that heater fails to come one or produce enough heat the second heater will come on. On the flip side if the first heater fails on, then it will take a long time to heat the tank up to dangerous temperatures.
This calculator estimates the size, or power, of heater and chiller required to maintain an aquarium between a specified temperature range. Before using this calculator, please read the instructions .
FIND A HEATER (and more) HERE: http://bit.ly/2PLlbYp SUBSCRIBE: https://www.youtube.com/bigalsvod?sub_confirmation=1 TUNE IN TO OUR LIVE Q&A’s: http://bit.ly…