For the heater wattage, the basic rule of thumb is to use between 2.5 and 5 watts per gallon of actual water volume in the aquarium. However, often more wattage is required, depending on how much you want to raise the temperature. If you’re using more than one heater, the total heating capacity of all the units together should add up to the required wattage.
Do I need a 100 watt or 150 watt heater for the 29 gallon… Best Seller #2 H2Pro 30″ Glass Canopy 20 Long/29 Gallon Aquarium Fish Tank (29.21 x 11.69 x 0.16in) Fits most 20Long/29 gallon Fish tanks (marine land & perfecto). there are different Aquarium manufactures.
Aquarium Heater Submersible Fish Tank Water Heater Adjustable Temperature Thermostat for 15 30 Gallon Freshwater Saltwater Fish Betta Tanks 100W with 2 Suction Cups
- ✅Upgraded Heater – Our aquarium heater is made of high quality real quartz glass material, will not explode during working, can totally keep your fish safe and health, suit for freshwater and saltwater tank.
- ✅Circulating Working Mode – Our submersible aquarium heater has a super good feature is after setting your temperature, it will work about 5-10 minutes, then stop 2 minutes, then continue to working, repeat this working mode until get your temperature. This working mode avoid overheating your fish.
- ✅Adjustable Temperature – The temperature of the water heater can be adjusted, rotate the orange dial can easily set the accurate temperature which you want. Temperature range is 20-34 c(68-93 F).
- ✅Power – The power of the fish thank heater is 100 W, which is suit for 20 to 30 gallons fish tank, low energy consumption. Voltage is 110V-120V. Cable length is 55 inch.
- ✅Indicator Light – This small aquarium heater thermostat has a indicator light to let you know when the heater is on. It will be red when heating and off when the proper temperature has been reached. It will stop work automatic when water reach the temperature which you set, and begin to work when water temperature bellow setting temperature.
31/01/2012 · Best watts for heating my 29 gallon? I really love the Aqueon pro’s, but I don’t know if I need 100 or 150 watt. I want the option of enough power to crank up the heat if I ever need to treat ich, but I also don’t want to run the risk of boiling my fish if the heater malfunctions.
04/08/2009 · 100W heater for a 29g should do the trick just fine When in doubt, do a water change.
hygger Submersible Aquarium Heater, Adjustable Fish Tank Heater Compact Reliable Betta Heater, Heat-Resistant Milky Quartz Made, with External Temp Controller, 50W/100W/300W, 7-60 Gallon (100W)
- 🐠【For Fish Tank 10-30 gallon】100W aquarium heater, voltage 110-120V, power cord is 5.4ft, please choose the right wattage aquarium heater according to our size chart. Don’t suggest use this heater in sump or a tank with turtles in
- 🐠【Reliable & Safty Protection】automatically shut off when fault occurs. Effectively maintain the tank water in the constant temp you set, stop heating when the water temp is 1.5-2℉ above the set temp and restart heating when the water temp is 1.5-2℉ below the set temp
- 🐠【Temp adjustable】with external temp controller, set the temp to one of these values you can see on the dial: 75, 77, 79, 81, 83, 85, 87, 89, 91 by rotating the pointer, the heater will not work if you set the temp to other degrees between those values. Temp exactness is within 2 degrees in fahrenheit. There is a built-in thermometer in the heater to detect the water temp
- 🐠【Durable & Compact】this aquarium heater tube is heat-resistant milky quartz made, excellent in explosion-proof, can be used in fresh water and salt water aquariums, white alundum sand as the heat-conducting media, service life can be 3 years or more. A very compact heater, easy to hide in the tank
- 🐠【Fully Submersible】this fish tank heater is waterproof, must be fully submerged in water when working, stick it horizontally onto the tank side near the water intake or where the way of water flow
14/01/2017 · 3-5 watts per gallon is what I’ve seen as the recommended guide. I’d go with a 150w for a 29 gallon.
Aquarium Heater Size Ultimate Guide | Aquarium Labs Most aquarium experts recommend that you determine the power of your heater in terms of watts per gallon (WPG). Typically, you will need around 2.5 to 5 watts per gallon in your tank. So, for example, a 10 gallon aquarium would need a 25- …
hygger 200W Titanium Aquarium Heater for Salt Water and Fresh Water, Digital Submersible Heater with External IC Thermostat Controller and Thermometer, for Fish Tank 20-45 Gallon
- 🐠【For Fish Tank 20-45 Gallon】voltage 110-120V, power 200W, heater rod length 10.7inch. The heater and controller power cords are the same length 5.5ft, the thermometer cord is 4.4ft. There are mounting holes on the temp controller back for hanging on the wall
- 🐠【Fully Automatic Control】very easy and reliable to use. After well installing the aquarium heater and the thermometer, you just need to set the desired heating temp, it will stop heating when the water temp reaches to the set temp, it will automatically restart heating when the water temp is 1℉ less than the set temp. The controller has temp setting remember function
- 🐠【Durable Titanium Tube】this seawater resistant titanium aquarium heater is good for use in salt water and fresh water, service life can be 3 years or more. Very compact small, easy to hide in the tank. Don’t suggest to use it in sump. The diameter of the titanium tube is19mm, you can buy suction cups suitable for this size when you need to get that replaced.
- 🐠【Digital LED Display】the IC temp controller can show the water temp and set temp at the same time, and there is a indicator light to show the heating status. You can press the ‘up’ key to shift degree unit between Celsius and Fahrenheit
- 🐠【Wide Temperature Range】With the thermostat controller you can set the temp from 32℉to 104℉, control precision is 1℉, please set the right temp for your aquarium pets. The separate thermometer can detect a temperature from -68℉ to 140℉, the measurement accuracy is 0.2℉ plus or minus, very sensitive
Image Source : Amazon Ideally, you want a basic heater wattage of between 2.5 and 5 watts per gallon of water volume. To take into account the ambient room temperature, subtract the average room temperature from the desired aquarium water temperature. The result is the amount of heating that you need, measured in degrees.
How To Determine Which Aquarium Heater Size You Need. Step 3) Use this table to determine how much wattage the aquarium heater needs to have: Aquarium size To raise the water temperature 0.1-5ºF above the room temperature, you need …
- Perfect Aquarium External Heater For Your Needs: For every hobbyist or professional fish breeder with a canister filter, a perfect external heater is essential. DaToo Aquarium External Heater is specially designed for canister filter. Leading temperature control system, precise overheat protection, provides a warm, safe and comfortable living environment for your beloved fish!
- Leading Temperature Control System: For the health of fish, a precise and constant temperature is very important. DaToo Heater’s temperature control system uses advanced STM8 chip, which ensures that DaToo has a precise and perfect temperature control over the 68 ℉ to 95 ℉ range. Just set the temperature that you need, DaToo will create a comfortable environment for your beloved fish. Very Easy! Clear and large LED display, only need a light glance, you can know the current water temperature.
- Safe Over-Heat Protection: DaToo Aquarium External Heater has two temperature sensors, one at the heater inlet and the other at the outlet. This makes DaToo heater can be more accurate to measure temperature change. When the temperature exceeds the set temperature by 0.2 ℉, the heater immediately stops heating, the maximum to protect the safety of the lovely fish.
- Replaceable Inlet And Outlet: For different Canister Filter needs, we have prepared three different sizes of inlet and outlet heads in the box, 1/2″ (12mm), 5/8″ (16mm) and 20mm. You can choose a appropriate head as needed. A cleaning brush is also in the box and you can use it to clean the inside of the heater. DaToo has prepared everything for you. No extra purchases, save your money!
- Sturdy & Durable & One Year Warranty: Heating tube is made of German imported glass-ceramic, which is explosion-proof, shatterproof and very durable. The shell of the DaToo Aquarium External Heater is made of super-strong ABS plastic, which makes it unafraid of any external forces, nearly indestructible. The service life is 1.5 times that of similar products. One Year Warranty and 100% Money-back Guarantee, let you rest assured to choose our products. JUST DO IT, Let’t Go!!
When it comes to selecting the best aquarium heater size there is no “per gallon” rule that works in all cases. More often than not the size of your heater will be determined by the wattage and quality of your heater. This means the cheapest, biggest heater may not be the best aquarium heater.
A 25-watt heater for a 2-5-gallon tank; A 50-watt heater for a 5-10-gallon tank; Conclusion. Preparing the best heater for small tanks is also an important task when caring for an aquarium. The better the heater can run, the more ideal the tank will be for fishes to live inside.
Aquarium Heater, Submersible Fish Tank Heater 300W with Titanium Tube Thermostat System LED Digital Play and Remote Controller for 50-60 Gallon Tank
- 🐠 Premium Titanium Alloy Material & pinpoint probe 🐠: The seaELF aquarium heater made by premium titanium alloy, shatterproof, anti explosion, anti cracking and anti-corrosion than quartz glass aquarium heater and stainless steel tank heater, good for fresh water and sea water. The precise sensing probe on the top of heater for pinpoint temperature and double seal design to ensure safe operation. The heating tube with CE, RoHS, FC approved and the plug with UL approved.
- 🐠 Remote Controller & LCD Display 🐠: Update design with remote controller and LCD display , easy to setting and adjusting the aquarium heater’s temperature by remote controller and easy know the tank’s temperature by the LCD display, no need to buy extra temperature and wet your hands to setting the temperature again. (the remote is non waterproof, please keep it away from water).
- 🐠 Intelligent Overheating Protection & Lack-of Water Protection 🐠: With double sensing probe on the top, it will accurate detect the temperature and water, once overheating or the water cant cover the top of this aquarium heater, it will automatic power-off, prevent electric shock & burns and keep you and your fish safe. (E2,E8 display are mean overheating, please increase the water circulation when it happens)
- 🐠 Intelligent Thermostat Heating System 🐠：This aquarium heater made with intelligent thermostat heating system, it will heating automatically once the water temperature is less than the setting temperature and stop heating once it reached the setting temperature. Keep the aquarium water in a same temperature environment to protect fishes, amphibians, turtles and so on.(Please install it near a strong water flow).
- 🐠 100% satisfaction 🐠: Just to show you how confident we are that your fish will enjoy the aquarium water heater, we are giving you a 6 month money-back guarantee, if there any problem when you install the heater or any un-satisfied with this product, please feel free to contact us for resend or refund, we will dealing with it within 48 hrs.
05/11/2020 · 250 watt. 300 watt. two 300 watt. I would always recommend using 2 heaters for your aquarium which are equal to the total wattage required. So for example if you have a 100 litre aquarium and need to heat it from 18 degrees to 28 degrees (10 degree C increase) then the table recommends using a 100W heater.
05/08/2018 · In order to select the right size heater for your fish tank, you need to know how many gallons of water your tank holds. Once you know how many gallons your aquarium holds, then a good rule of thumb to follow is that your aquarium heater will need to output at least 3 to 5 watts of power for every gallon of water.If you want a more precise answer you can use the aquarium heater size …
- Ideal for 50-80 gallons fish tanks, can be installed in both fresh and saltwater.
- Red rotatable knob on top for adjusting the temperatures between ranges of 68°F-93°F. Visible temperature displayed allows accurate temperature maintain.
- Please notice the red indicator light is on while working, will automatically turn off when temperature reached. Carefully check external condition before use. Recommend testing before introduce to fish.
- Water-tight with IP68 sealing workmanship. Fix the heater tightly to the tank in vertical or horizontal with 3 strong suction cups. Shatterproof 2 mm extra thick quartz glass prevents electricity leakage and scratching. Measures 11.2″ x 1″ (L x D)
- Come with Uniclife aquarium heater x 1; Suction Cups x 3; stick-on thermometer x 1(The color of number will change to blue to indicate the temperature).
Most aquarium heaters range from 25 watts to 300 watts. Smaller aquariums require smaller heaters. A 10-gallon tank, for example, will typically need a 25- to 75-watt heater, while a 75-gallon tank will require 250 to 300 watts. Larger tanks may require multiple heaters.
08/11/2020 · Best small aquarium heater for 6 to 10-gallon tanks. Good news! Once you reach this size, you can use almost any heater you want. But when it comes to precision heating, size and reliability, there is only one aquarium heater you should pick… Check the price. Out of all the aquarium heaters we reviewed, the Cobalt Neotherm was the clear winner.
SunGrow Betta Plakat Heater, 10-Watt Submersible Aquarium Water Heater for Small Tanks (1.5-Gallons), with Preset Temperature Capability, Suction Cups Included
- ✔ KEEP YOUR BETTA HEALTHY — To ensure that your betta has optimal health, you need to provide her with warm water. The water in the tank should not go below 74°F for optimal comfort and metabolic efficiency of your crown tail betta. The cold temperature for this gourami family fish will make her lethargic, stressed, and miserable.
- ✔ AUTOMATICALLY REACHES THE PRESET TEMPERATURE — The smart SunGrow heater for this freshwater fish has a built-in electronic thermostat to automatically maintain water around 72°F which is ideal for most tropical fish. It saves you from the trouble of constantly keeping a check on the temperature of your tank. It will automatically shut down when it will reach the desired temperature, no manual adjustment is needed.
- ✔ CREATES THE IDEAL CONDITIONS FOR FLORA AND FAUNA — The eastern Asian fish species can survive in a freshwater environment. This heater by SunGrow will create ideal conditions for them. A few preconditions are required to allow it to run with maximum efficiency. The heater must be completely submerged in the water and the indoor temperature should be around 62-74°F.
- ✔ SUCTION CUPS INCLUDED FOR EASY INSTALLATION —- Easily install the SunGrow Heater vertically or horizontally by using the built-in suction cups to attach to your tank. The best location to place the heater is in the stream of a powerhead or near the water flow, such as the outlet (or inlet) from the filter. This way the heat is evenly distributed throughout your tank.
- ✔ FULLY SUBMERSIBLE WATER HEATER— This 10-watt aquarium heater supports 1.5 gallons (5 liters) fish tank. Its exterior is designed with tougher than glass and the sealed polymer can be submerged into your tank. The heating element is surrounded by a thick plastic to ensure the protection of these caudal-finned betta fish.
Cobalt Aquatics Neo-Therm Heater 100W for Tanks Up to 29 Gallon Co balt Aquatics Neo-Therm heater has a super flat design & is equipped with “one-touch control” which ha all the power to control the heater on the fingertip. This 100-watt aquarium heater has an exact ±0.5 F thermostat with an advanced electronic system.
26/01/2018 · I have 10-12 degrees differential between 50 gallon tank and ambient. A 300w takes 20 minutes to raise the temp 0.5 degrees, and takes 40 minutes to drop 0.5 degrees. I started out using a 150 w heater, and it takes 60minutes (maybe more) to raise the temp 5 degrees. So using the 300w is actually more efficient and uses less power.
hygger 100W Mini Inline Quartz Glass Aquarium Heater with External Controller, Adjustable Submersible Betta Fish Tank Thermostat for 10-30 Gallon
- 🐠 【For Fish Tank 10-30 gallon】100W aquarium heater, voltage AC110-120V 60HZ, power cord is 4.6ft. Heater rod length is 7 inch, mini compact heater for small fish tank use. Perfect for betta tank. A very compact heater, easy to hide in the tank
- 🐠【Automatic Stop & Restart】Effectively maintain the tank water in the constant temp you set, stop heating when water temp reaches to the set temp and restart heating when the water temp is 1-2℉ below the set temp.The indicator light on the controller will be on red when it’s heating, will be off when it stop heating
- 🐠【With Built-in Thermometer】you can set the the temp from 68℉ to 90℉,temp exactness is within 2 degrees in fahrenheit. There is a built-in thermometer in the heater to detect the water temp, not need to buy seperate thermometer
- 🐠【Durable Quartz Glass】this aquarium heater tube is heat-resistant quartz glass made, excellent in explosion-proof, can be used in fresh water and salt water aquariums, white alundum sand as the heat-conducting media, service life can be 3 years or more
- 🐠【Fully Submersible】this fish tank heater is waterproof, must be fully submerged in water when working, place it horizontally or vertically near the water intake or where the way of water flow
Aquarium heater power & wattage. Size matters when it comes to aquarium heaters. A too small heater size will be incapable of warming the water in a large tank; likewise, a too large heater size can transform your aquarium into a boiling pot. Options range from small 25-watt units to 1,000 watts. The heater must match the size of your tank.
Heats up to 29 gallons; Available in 50-400 watts; Price from: $21 … The wattage for your heater depends on the size of your tank and the … if you have a 20-gallon aquarium, you’d need a heater between 60 and 100 watts. But if you are worried that your current heater is too strong, you can always change it for two smaller heaters instead …
HITOP 50W 100W 300W Adjustable Aquarium Heater, Submersible Fish Tank Heater, Thermostat for Turtle Tank
- [Thickened glass]: 2mm thickened quartz glass, 33% thicker than normal aquarium heaters, much safer for both human and animals.
- [Over-Heat Protection]: After set the temp you want, automatic switch device and temperature detection system, water heater will turn off automatically when its temp reaches your pre-set, also will turn on when lower than your set, relieved and simple operation.
- [Accurate Temperature Control]: Adjustable heater from 61°F to 90°F (16°C – 32°C). A good temperature range for most fishes is 76°F to 80°F (25- 27°C). An additional stick-on thermometer as a bonus to detect water temp at any time.
- [Dimension]: 300W adopt 10-slot multi-branched heating wire ceramic frame, better heat dissipation, Suitable for 30-60 gallant fish tank ，11 x 1 x 1 inch, saving more space for your fish.
- [Accessories]: An extra stick-on thermometer, and an extra suction cup providing for spare. Quick after-sales reply within 1-8 hours to answer your doubts.
01/12/2020 · Aquarium Heater Size. Thermostatic heaters are the most popular and reliable means of heating a tank. They are available in various lengths for aquariums of different depths, and in different power (wattage) ratings. Allow about 100 watts for every 26 gallons (100 liters) of water, and choose a unit that can be fully submerged in your tank.
A good aquarium heater has only one job: to heat up the water in your fish tank. However, it also has to be reliable, safe, and easy-to-use. A good heater will be able to maintain a steady temperature, offer safety features to prevent it from burning out or failing, and last for many years. The consequences of using the wrong aquarium heater can be dangerous (or even deadly) for your fishy …
HITOP Adjustable Aquarium Heater with Protective Cover, 50W 100W 120W Fish Tank Heater for 10/20/30 Gallon Fish Tank or Turtle Tank
- [Size]:50W aquarium heater with cover ,Height:8in/diameter:1.5in. Suitable for fish tank 5-15gallon(fresh water and seawater).
- [Safety design]: This is a glass aquarium heater with a strong protective cover, which can effectively prevent fish or turtles from hitting and touching. Note that this protective cover cannot be removed.
- Higher Quality: Even there is a protection cover, this aquarium heater still adopts 2mm thickened explosion-proof glass, 33% thicker than normal aquarium heaters, more durable, much safer.
- Accurate and Steady Temperature-control: Adjustable heater from 68°F to 93°F (20°C – 34°C). The best temperature range for most fishes is 76°F to 80°F (25- 27°C). An additional stick-on thermometer as a bonus to detect water temp at any time.
- [Steady Temperature-control]: After the temperature is set, this fish heater will automatically turn on and off to maintain the water temperature at the set temperature.
This heater has a wattage of 500 watts with its temperature reading in Fahrenheit. It can be used for 100-160 gallon fish tanks and is ideal for both saltwater and freshwater uses. 2. Finnex Electric Controller Heater . The Finnex electric controller heater is unlike any other heater …
Review a heater wattage and aquarium size comparison chart to ensure the appropriate heater is installed inside the aquarium. It is also suggested to do research on the type of fish inside the aquarium so that the water temperature is maintained at a level that the fish breed thrives.
This 20 gallon aquarium heater is fully submersible and comes with a 6 foot power cord, easily letting you hide the heater while still forming a drip loop with the cord. The heater is 10″ long and should not be touching the substrate. The Marineland Precision heater features a thermal fuse which will shut off the heater when exposed to air.
07/05/2020 · The best wattage for a 20-gallon tank should be around 100 to 150 watts of power. Keep in mind that this may not be exactly as you still need to adjust the temperature depending on how many fish you have and how many structures, plants, and other things you have in your tank.
ZEETOON 25W Aquarium Heater, Automatic Thermostat Betta Fish Tank Heaters, Tortoise Small Water Warmer for 2-5 Gallon Container with 1 Stick-on Thermometer Strip 4.1 out of 5 stars 124 $12.98 $ 12 . 98 ($12.98/Count)
02/11/2020 · For the heater wattage, the basic rule of thumb is to use between 2.5 and 5 watts per gallon! Therefore, 200-watt aquarium heater is a good choice for keeping a 50 to 55 gallon fish tank in a perfect temperature range. Best 200W aquarium heaters that you can choose from Our top pick
Another great heater for 5-gallon tanks is the Eheim Jager Aquarium Thermostat Heater.It’s a heater that isn’t going to set you back too much and has a LOT of great features. One of the features that I really like about this aquarium heater is the light that lets you know if it’s heating your tank or not. This makes monitoring your aquarium a lot easier.
09/11/2020 · Most aquarium heaters are rated for rooms that have an air temperature of 65 F and above. But when the room air temperature drifts below this level, you’ll need to increase the heater wattage. There is no simple formula for aquarium-style heaters. Aquarists usually double the wattage if the heater can’t stabilize the water temperature.
Soyon Aquarium Heater 100W 200W 300W 500W, Fish Tank Heater with Adjustable Temperature 10 Gallon-100 Gallon Submersible Water Heater 3.5 out of 5 stars 129 $22.99 $ 22 . 99