For the heater wattage, the basic rule of thumb is to use between 2.5 and 5 watts per gallon of actual water volume in the aquarium. However, often more wattage is required, depending on how much you want to raise the temperature.
Best Seller #1
DOMICA 25W Mini Aquarium Heater, Submersible Heater for Small Fish Tank (1-8 gallons) with Free Thermometer Sticker
- 【25Watt Heater】This Aquarium heater is suitable for 1 to 8 gallons aquariums, voltage 110-120V, power cord is 5.0 ft, please choose the right wattage aquarium heater according to our size chart.
- 【Temperature range】: 68°F to 93°F (20°C – 34°C) , It is very easy to adjust the temperature you need (Temperature accuracy: ±3℉). we also deliberately give each customer a Thermometer Sticker you can observe the water temperature of the fish tank at any time.
- 【Safety & Blast Resistant】2mm thickened quartz glass, 33% thicker than the normal, safer for both human and pet, heater can be used in fresh water and salt water aquariums,easy to hide in the tank.
- 【Smart Temperature Control】Heater with thermal sensor inside, it has automatic constant temperature function, when water temperature reaches to preset temperature, heater will automatically stop heating, when water temperature is lower than the preset temperature, heater will automatically start heating again.
- 【Note】Aquarium heater is 100% submersible use only, during its heating time, heater must be 100% submerged into the water.,Please unplug the power supply when cleaning the fish tank or aquarium water changes.
Best Seller #2
Ecosmart ECO 8EcoSmart 8 KW Electric Tankless Water Heater, 8 KW at 240 Volts with Patented Self Modulating Technology, White
- The product is highly durable
- The product is easy to use
- Manufactured in China
- Heating elements are durable and are threaded for easy replacement
- Activation Flow – 0.3 GPM
Best Seller #3
DBDPet ‘s Bundle with Zoomed Turtletherm – Automatic Preset Aquatic Turtle Heater (150w & Up to 50 Gallons) – Includes Pro-Tip Guide
- ✔️ Preset to heat your pet’s habitat to 78° F for 50 gallons of water
- ✔️ Mounts on the side or back glass wall of your aquatic turtle’s habitat with included suction cups
- ✔️ Fully submerge heater in water before plugging the heater into an electrical outlet
- ✔️ Includes attached DBDPet Pro-Tip Guide – Written by Reptile Owners, for Reptile Owners
- ✔️ DBDPet Worry-Free Guarantee – Don’t Love it? We Will buy it back!
Best Seller #4
DaToo Mini Aquarium Heater 25W Small Fish Tank Heater 25 Watt with Free Thermometer Sticker
- 🐠25W Betta Aquarium Heater: Creating and maintaining a perfect and comfortable water temperature for our cute fish is not easy, which requires a lot of effort. Now DaToo MINI 25W Aquarium Heater can help you make this easier. Precise and constant temperature, no need to set, keep the temperature of fish habitat in the best state at all times. You will find it very easy and happy to take care of pet fish！
- 🐠Precise And Constant Temperature: No need to set, DaToo Fish Tank Heater will automatically keep the water temperature of the fish habitat at 78℉. This temperature is very suitable for betta and most tropical fish. When the water temperature is lower than 78℉, the heater starts to heat and the red light is on. When the temperature reaches 78℉, the heater stops heating and the green light is on. DaToo will always maintain this comfortable temperature for your beloved fish!
- 🐠The Smallest 25W Betta Heater: For most fish lovers who have small fish tanks of 1 to 5 gallons, a small heater means more space for fish. This is the smallest 25W aquarium heater on the market, only 0.2 inches. No matter how small your fish tank is, it can be used perfectly in it, and you can’t even find it. Very MINI!!
- 🐠Safe And Durable: Unlike traditional plastic seals, DaToo uses a rubber sealing layer, which ensures that DaToo has better sealing and safety performance, and will never leak electricity or water. Quartz glass material, explosion-proof and crack-proof, more sturdy and durable, without worrying about damage.
- 🐠One Year Warranty & Satisfaction Guarantee: This heater is ideal for 1 to 6 gallon small glass or acrylic desktop aquariums. When in use, it needs to be submerged 100% in water. We provide one year warranty and 24 hours professional customer service. Buy With Confidence!
Best Seller #5
Aqueon Small Aquarium Fish Tank Submersible Mini Flat Heater Up to 3 Gallon Aquariums, 7.5 Watts
- Fully submersible
- Vertical or horizontal placement using suction cups that mount to the bottom or side wall of tank
- Quick and easy installation
- Shatterproof construction
- Can be used with glass or acrylic enclosures
- Note: Do NOT operate or leave product plugged in when it is outside of water
- Warms aquarium water up to 6°F above ambient room temperature
- 7.5 Watt works best for 1 to 3 gallon fish tanks
Best Seller #6
SZELAM Submersible Aquarium Heater,100W Fish Tank Heater,Intelligent Temp Probe with External Temperature Controller and Dual Temperature Display,Suitable for Marine Saltwater and Freshwater
- 【Precise Temperature Control with Temp Probe.】 Our aquarium heater has sensitive temp probe, which is more precise to control the heater temp, making the temp difference within ±1℉ and providing the suitable living environment for your aquatic creatures.
- 【External Temperature Controller with Dual Temp Displays.】 With dual LED digital displays, you can observe water temp and set temp of fresh or marine water at the same time. The external temp controller brings you more convenient and safe to adjust the set temp externally.
- 【Built with Overheat and Water Shortage Protection.】 This submersible aquarium heater is more sensitive and intelligent to resist overheat and water shortage than traditional glass heaters and it is automatically power off when taken out from water.
- 【Top Quality Material Brings More Safety Guarantee.】 Made of thick quartz tube heating rod, with black grit and thick ABS black cover, which features explosion-proof and anti-corrosion during heating. Besides, the thick heatproof cover will also prevent your little fishes from scalding.
- 【Super Easy to Setup with Wide Compatibility.】 This 100W submersible heater is suitable for 5 to 26 gallons fish tank and the power cord and plug have UL certification, which has more safety guarantee while heating. It is applied for freshwater and marine aquariums, aquaculture, glass containers, and hydroponic systems.
Best Seller #7
Fluval M50 Submersible Heater, 50-Watt Heater for Aquariums up to 15 Gal., A781
- Aquarium heater that blends into the aquarium environment with built-in reflective technology that mirrors the surrounding colors
- Computer-calibrated thermostat and easy-to-adjust temperature control dial
- Shock resistant Borosilicate glass and high density ceramic heat sick
- Easy to install with slim profile tube for easy placement
- 50-watt heater suitable for freshwater and saltwater aquariums up to 15 gallons with a 3-year warranty
Best Seller #8
INKBIRDPLUS 300W Submersible Aquarium Heater Titanium Fish Tank Auto Thermostat with LED Digital Temperature Readout and External Temperature Controller for Salt Water and Fresh Water
- 🐠🐠【Excellent function Effect】 300-watt aquarium heaters fit for 50-60 gallon large fish tank, keep your big fish tank warm and comfy. double sensing probe on the top make sure its accuracy when detecting the temperature and water volume.
- 🎁🎁【Perfect Partner-Strong material advantages】The INKBIRDPLUS heater is made of titanium tube material, which has the performance of anti-breaking, anti-explosion, anti-cracking, and anti-corrosion. This heating rod can be applied to salt water and fresh water, and the heating effect is better than other materials.
- 🍭🍭【External Controller】The controller with the touch button can adjust the temperature at any time and easily understand the water tank’s temperature through the LCD. It is easy to operate from 68℉/20°C to 94℉/34°C (please place the display outside the fish tank).
- 👍👍【Accurate temperature control】The intelligent IC chip controls the heater temperature so that the temperature difference is within ±1℃/±2ºF; it provides the best living environment for your aquatic organisms and has the functions of overheating protection and water shortage protection. If the set value jumps, it is a normal phenomenon, and it is a critical point. You can check the temperature of the aquarium first. Then contact us to solve the problem.
- 💙💙【Waterproof grade and Level Certification】The highest waterproof grade is IP68. When the heating rod is working, the rod body needs to be completely immersed in water. The fish tank aquarium heater has obtained CE, FCC, and ROHS certification, and the plug has obtained UL certification; it is suitable for freshwater and marine aquariums, aquaculture, glass containers, and hydroponic systems. With a 1-year warranty, please don’t worry about the quality of the heater.
Best Seller #9
Aqueon Preset Aquarium Fish Tank Heater 100 Watts
- Preset to 78°, accurate to +/- 1°
- No adjustment required
- Shatter resistant
- Fully submersible, auto shut-off when overheats, resets when cools down
- LED light turns on when aquarium water is being heated
- Ideal for aquariums up to 30 gallons
Best Seller #10
Fish Tank Aquarium Heater – Adjustable Temperature Submersible Thermostat Heater,25W/50W/100W/150W/200W/300W
- [PREMIUM SHATTERPROOF GLASS]Made of shatterproof glass and BPA-free plastic.Bnzaq aquarium heaters are fully submersible and safe for fish without any toxic substance producing.3 FREE artificial aquarium plants as ornament in your tank.
- [NO LONGER CHILL YOUR FISH]Automatically regulate and maintain water temperature，imitate the original ecological environment for your tropical fish.Provided fish with warm water environment.Perfect to apply to fresh and salt water.
- [ADJUSTABLE TEMPERATURE]Temperature range: 68°F~93°F.25W heater:suitable for fish tank within 7 gallons,Length:7.8″.Easy to adjust temperature by the aquarium heater that suit more species of fish.
- [AUTOMATIC CONSTANT TEMPERATURE]When water temperature reaches set value,the indicator light will be OFF and the heater will automatically stop heating.The heater will automatically start heating and indicator light will be ON if water temperature is low.You could place heater horizontally or vertically.
- [ATTENTION]Please place the heater near place (filter or pump) of water flowing to keep more even water temperature.Unplug the heater 30 minutes early when changing the water for the fish tank.
Best Search Engine Results for How Many Watts Do I Need for My Aquarium Heater?
To achieve this temperature in tanks 10-20 Gallons, the 40 or 60 watt bulb is recommended. What size water heater do I need for my fish tank? Here are some results:
Aquarium Heater Size Guide – Make a Happy Home for Your Pets
Aquarium Heater Size Guide – Make a Happy Home for Your Pets – For the heater wattage, the basic rule of thumb is to use between 2.5 and 5 watts per gallon of actual water volume in the aquarium. However, often more wattage is required, depending on how much you want to raise the temperature.
What Wattage Heater Do I Need For My Fish Tank Aquarium
What Wattage Heater Do I Need For My Fish Tank Aquarium – I would always recommend using 2 heaters for your aquarium which are equal to the total wattage required. So for example if you have a 100 litre aquarium and need to heat it from 18 degrees to 28 degrees (10 degree C increase) then the table recommends using a 100W heater.
Aquarium Heater Size Calculator – ( Fish Tank Heater Size Calculator )
Aquarium Heater Size Calculator – ( Fish Tank Heater Size Calculator ) – A 40 gallon fish tank will need at least a 120-watt heater if the room it is kept in is 5 degrees cooler than your aquarium. If the room is 10 degrees cooler then a 40 gallon tank will need a 200-watt heater. If the room is more than 15 degrees cooler than the temperature of your aquarium then a 320-watt heater will be in order.
How Many Watt Heater Do I Need for a 55 Gallon Aquarium?
How Many Watt Heater Do I Need for a 55 Gallon Aquarium? – An ideal wattage for a heater for 55 gallon aquarium is from 300 to 500 watts of power. This is because this wattage is good for tanks that have a size of 30 to 80 gallons of water. Too much wattage could kill your fish because of the heat, while too weak wattage.
What Size Heater Is Needed for an Aquarium? | Pets – The Nest
What Size Heater Is Needed for an Aquarium? | Pets – The Nest – Most aquarium heaters range from 25 watts to 300 watts. Smaller aquariums require smaller heaters. A 10-gallon tank, for example, will typically need a 25- to 75-watt heater, while a 75-gallon tank will require 250 to 300 watts.
Aquarium Heater Size Guide – The Mandarin Garden
Aquarium Heater Size Guide – The Mandarin Garden – I doubt the room is hitting that low of a temperature but if it is you would need some serious power. even 300 watt heaters are only able to heat a 100 gallon tank 15 degrees in a 70 degree room. Assuming you have not gotten any fish yet I would get two 300 watt heaters and put them on the opposite sides of the tank, staggering the heat by 2 degrees.
How many watts does my heater need to have? – Aquarium Forum
How many watts does my heater need to have? – Aquarium Forum – Someone may have posted this earlier, but a good “rule of thumb” for heaters is 5 watts per gallon of tank volume for smaller tanks around 30 Gs and three watts per gallon for the larger ones. For your tank, you’ll need watts in the 225 range or better. With two 150 watt heaters, you’ll have that plus a little “wiggle room”.
What Type Of Heater Do I Need On A 20 Gallon Tank? – My Aquarium Club
What Type Of Heater Do I Need On A 20 Gallon Tank? – My Aquarium Club – First be sure the heater is fully submersible and has an adjustable thermostat. Check the container for a chart comparing watts to gallons; 40 watts should be plenty for a 20 gallon tank. The temperature dials on aquarium heater thermostats are not always accurate.
100 watt or 150 watt heater for 29 gallon?? | Aquarium Forum
100 watt or 150 watt heater for 29 gallon?? | Aquarium Forum – I’m starting up a 29 gallon tank. Actually I plan on transfering my neons, cardinals, ottos, cories from my 15 gallon to the new 29 once the temp is right, water is excellent etc etc. Do I need a 100 watt or 150 watt heater for the 29 gallon?? I get different answers from pet stores about this. Most of the heaters I see now are submersible.
Best Aquarium Heater: The Ultimate Guide in 2022
Best Aquarium Heater: The Ultimate Guide in 2022 – For example, if your room is 66°F, and you want your aquarium to be 76°F, you need to heat your tank by 10°F. You can use this table to work out roughly how many watts you need to heat your aquarium.
What is the Best Heater for 55 Gallon Tank?
What is the Best Heater for 55 Gallon Tank? – An ideal wattage for a heater for 55 gallon aquarium is from 300 to 500 watts of power. This is because this wattage is good for tanks that have a size of 30 to 80 gallons of water. Too much wattage could kill your fish because of the heat, while too weak wattage could possibly keep your tropical fish cold.