Aquarium Heater Size Guide; Tank Size: Heat 5 Degrees C 9 Degrees F: Heat 10 Degrees C 18 Degrees F: Heat 15 Degrees C 27 Degrees F: 5 Gallon/20 Liter: 25 watt: 50 watt: 75 watt: 10 Gallon/40 Liter: 50 watt: 75 watt: 75 watt: 20 Gallon/75 Liter: 50 watt: 75 watt: 150 watt: 25 Gallon/100 Liter: 75 watt: 100 watt: 200 watt: 40 Gallon/150 Liter: 100 watt: 150 watt: 300 watt: 50 Gallon/200 Liter: 150 watt
Most aquarium experts recommend that you determine the power of your heater in terms of watts per gallon (WPG). Typically, you will need around 2.5 to 5 watts per gallon in your tank. So, for example, a 10 gallon aquarium would need a 25- to 50-watt heater.
Orlushy Submersible Aquarium Heater 300W-Fish Tahk Heater with Adjust Knob Thermostat 2 Suction Cups Suitable for Marine Reef Fish Tank Sump
- ★300W aquarium heater is suitable for 50 to 80 gallons aquariums,Length – 11 inch,voltage 110-120V, power cord is 6ft, please choose the right wattage aquarium heater according to our size chart.
- ★It shows an area to adjust the temperature. It’s not exactly accurate but it turns easy and can be adjusted at small intervals.
- ★Explosion Proof: 2mm thickened quartz glass,can be used in fresh water and salt water aquariums,easy to hide in the tank.
- ★Precise temperature dial from 68 to 89°F allows for complete control of aquatic climate within a 1-degree difference.
- ★Adjustable Aquarium Fish Tank Water Heater Sensitive and reliable thermostat maintains uniform temperature. Automatic shut off when the temperature is reached
Aquarium Heater Size Guide When it comes to selecting the best aquarium heater size there is no “per gallon” rule that works in all cases. More often than not the size of your heater will be determined by the wattage and quality of your heater. This means the cheapest, biggest heater may not be the best aquarium heater.
8/5/2018 · A standard 125 gallon aquarium will need a 375-watt heater at a minimum. A 375-watt heater will be just enough to increase a 125 gallon aquariums temperature by 5 degrees Fahrenheit. If you need to increase a 125 gallon aquariums temperature by 10 degrees Fahrenheit you will need to add multiple heaters that add up to 625 watts of heating power.
- Fully submersible
- Thermo safey control protects against running dry
- Will automatically turn off when water level dips too low
- TruTemp dial recalibrates the heater for precise temperature regulation
- Made of shock resistant and shatter proof glass for fresh or marine water
- On/Off indicator light for at-a-glance monitoring
Aquarium size To raise the water temperature 0.1-5ºF above the room temperature, you need a heater with… To raise the water temperature 5.1-10ºF above the room temperature, you need a heater with… To raise the water temperature 10.1-15ºF above the room temperature, you need a heater with… 5 gallons: 25 watts: 50 watts: 75 watts: 10 gallons
Usually, heater with a low wattage below 50 watts are only ideal for small aquariums mostly ranging from 3 to 10 gallons in size. High wattage filters are best in large aquariums (from 75 gallons) and usually range anywhere from 250 watts. Still, some fish tanks are …
hygger 800W Aquarium Heater, Submersible Fish Tank Water Heater with External Color LED Digital Temperature Controller, Fast Heating for 120-180 Gallon for Saltwater and Freshwater
LED DIGITAL DISPLAY CONTROLLER: ① Displays real-time water temperature or set temperature, three-digit display, water temperature display accurate to 0.1 °F, easy to read. ② 4 kinds of work instructions – Working/Malfunction/ Thermostatic/ Out of water, easy to understand. ③ Child Lock”KEY”: need to touch 3 seconds to set the temperature. RAPID HEATING: Fastest 5 seconds warming, with intelligent circuit board, the outside is wrapped with aluminum material to accelerate heat conduction and protection. Automatically reduces power when approaching the set temperature, fully utilizes thermal energy inertia to smoothly reach the set temperature, saving energy. INTELLIGENT THERMOSTAT: Over-temperature protection prevents “cooking fish”. When the water temp exceeds about 93.5 °F, start alternately flashing EE fault code; and over 97℉, the heater will stop heating automatically. When the water temp cool down to 93℉, the heater will start working automatically. In addition, it has a power-off memory function and no need to set it again. ANTI-DRY PROTECTION: When the heating rod is exposed to air, display ER fault code and the heater will shut off automatically. When the heating rod is completely immersed in water, it will start working automatically. Effectively extend the service life. HIGH-QUALITY MATERIALS: Built-in dual temperature probe, real-time monitoring of water temperature, temperature accuracy of ± 1 °F; high temperature resistant ABS material, no deformation and no softening, explosion-proof and anti-corrosion, no leakage of electricity. Strong suction cup bracket, can stably fix the heater in every corner of the fish tank.
For example, you need a temperature of 75 degrees while an average temperature in the room is 65 degrees. It means you need to add 10 degrees. The volume of your aquarium is 30 gallons. The right heater capacity will be 75-100 watts. Use the chart below to find the best heater size for your aquarium.
Typically, aquariums should have 5 Watts of power for every gallon of water, so a 10-gallon aquarium needs a 50 Watt heater. Since we are on the topic of heaters, here are a couple of heater tips: It is wise to always keep an extra heater on hand. Your heater will invariably fail in the dead of winter at night when all pet shops are closed.
hygger Fast Heating Titanium Aquarium Heater with LED Digital Temp Controller 800W Submersible Fish Heater for 120-180 Gallon Freshwater Marine Tank
- This fully submersible aquarium heater enables memory function and over heat protection. Auto shut off when over-heats, resets when it cools down.
- Made with premium titanium and double sealed by black protective guard, this fish tank heater is resistant to explosion and corrosion, and protect fish and other livestocks from punching and scalding
- Build-in external IC temp controller, easy to read blue LED digital number shows real time water temperature. Temp accuracy is +/- 1°F.
- Easy to set temperature without getting hands wet. Build in hand button, Keep pushing the button. It will cycle through all the set temperatures. Temperature can be precisely adjusted from 70 to 94°F
- 800W aquarium heater, voltage 110-120V, suitable for tank capactiy 120-180 gallon freshwater and marine water aquariums
9/24/2020 · If you need a chiller for your aquarium, you can work out the size you need by using the following calculation: Chiller size is required in horsepower (HP) Volume in gallons x 8.34 (weight of 1 gallon of water) x temperature pull-down required x 20% padding allowance
5/13/2020 · *The formula used for calculating aquarium chiller size is: volume in gallons * 8.34 weight of 1 gallon of water * temperature pull down needed * 20% padding factor.
POPETPOP [Upgraded 400W Aquarium Heater – Submersible Titanium Fish Tank Heaters with Intelligent LED Temperature Display
- √ [UPGRADED] MORE PRECISE TEMPERATURE – Upgraded sensing probes on the top of heater provides more precise induction that reduces temperature error which allows you check the temperature of the aquarium more easily to prevent the difference temperature in water from making the fish sick.
- √ [UPGRADED] DURABLE HEATING WIRE – The aquarium heater was changed from the original iron-chromium wire to the nickel-chromium wire to ensure the heater has longer life and precisely control heater temperature. It is extremely durable and stable, and faster heating than normal glass heaters.
- √ SAFETY PROTECTION – The fish tank aquarium heater has CE, FCC and ROHS certification. When sensing probe is exposed in the air or detected the water is overheating, the heater will stop heating. Giving your aquarium fish, amphibians, turtles safety protection.
- √ EASY TO ADJUST TEMPERATURE – LED digital display temperature that is easy to observe the temperature set by the heater. Using intelligent IC chip for more precise temperature control with less error (±1°C/±2℉). The touch button ensures that the hand is not wet when adjusting the temperature.
- √ SIMPLE OPERATION – The 400w fish tank heater can be used in 70-80gal gallon fresh water and salt water aquariums. Easy to set temp from 20°C ~ 34°C(68℉~ 94℉). Note: Don’t expose the heater out of water surface as this may cause damage to the heater.
HITOP HP-608 Submersible Aquarium Heater 25W 50W With Thermometer and Extra Sucker Cup (50W) 53 price£13.99 XiLONG Aquarium Heater Fish Tank Heater – 300W for 200 to 300 Litres – 1.5mm Glass Submersible for Freshwater and Marine Tropical Heater
7/15/2020 · This aquarium heater by Freesea is a great model which has two power options; 200W for 20-35 gallon tanks and 300W for 35-50 gallon tanks. If you have a smaller tank you can purchase lower powered 50W, 75W, and 100W models.
hygger 500W Digital Quartz Aquarium Heater for Fresh-Water and Salt-Water, with External IC Thermostat Controller and Thermometer, Fast Heating Submersible Thermostat for Fish Tank 60-120 Gallon
【Fast Heating Up】voltage 110-120V/60HZ, power 500W, US three-pin plug, heater rod length 10.5 inch, 500W submersible heater for fish tank 60-120 gallon. The heater power cord is 6ft, the controller power cord is 5ft, the thermometer cord is 4.6ft. Temp range: 61-90℉. Fast heating up aquarium heater, it takes about 3 minutes to heat 3.5 gallon water up 3℉ 【Fully Automatic Control】very easy and reliable to use. After finishing the temperature setting, the fish tank heater will run automatically by itself. It will stop heating when the water temp reaches to the set temp, please note that the water temp may go up 1℉ more because of the waste heat. When the water temp is cool down to 1℉ less than the set temp, the tank heater will restart heating 【Quartz Tube & Plastic Guard】With high-quality quartz glass tube, it’s very durable and explosion-proof, this fish tank heater can be used for saltwater and freshwater aquariums, service life can be 3 years or more. With low profile black plastic guard, easy to hide in the tank. The guard can prevent your aquarium pets from burned, the gaps on the guard is about 3mm, no worries for fish stuck 【Digital LED Display Controller】the external IC temp controller can show the water temp with 2 blue LED digits. Only show Fahrenheit degrees. To set the temp, just press the button over and over until the screen displaying the temp you desired, then stop and wait the digit flashing for 3 times, the setting is done and the led shows the current water temp again. The controller is connect with separate sensitive thermometer 【Fully submersible Aquarium Heater】with strong suction cups on the heater guard and the thermometer, it’s easy to install the aquarium heater no to the tank walls or bottom, please keep them fully submerged. The thermometer should be away from the heater and keep water circulation as far as possible. Keep the tank wall clean and check the suction cup regulary is very important to make sure the heater and the thermometer stay in place
11/5/2020 · 250 watt. 300 watt. two 300 watt. I would always recommend using 2 heaters for your aquarium which are equal to the total wattage required. So for example if you have a 100 litre aquarium and need to heat it from 18 degrees to 28 degrees (10 degree C increase) then the table recommends using a 100W heater.
12/1/2020 · Aquarium Heater Size Thermostatic heaters are the most popular and reliable means of heating a tank. They are available in various lengths for aquariums of different depths, and in different power (wattage) ratings. Allow about 100 watts for every 26 gallons (100 liters) of water, and choose a unit that can be fully submerged in your tank.
Orlushy Mini Aquarium Heater 50W,Small Fish Tank Heaters with LED Digital Temperature Display and External Temperature Controller for Betta Frogs Newts Turtles (50W)
- ★ 50W Submersible Aquarium Heater is Suitable for 3-10 Gallon.Temperature range: 65°F~93°F（18°C~34°C）, power cord is 5 FT.
- ★ LED Display Design: LED digital display, External temperature controller,easy to use and Safety.
- ★ The Digital Smart Aquarium Heater is a heater and thermometer combined into one, eliminating the need for more equipment in smaller tanks.
- ★ Please be sure that the heater needs to be completely sunk into water, horizontal or vertical fixed in the water cycle better place, and let the working light can be seen as clear as possible.
- ★ Applicable for freshwater and marine aquariums, aquaculture, glass containers, and hydroponic systems
Orlushy Submersible Aquarium Heater 300W-Fish Tahk Heater with Adjust Knob Thermostat 2 Suction Cups Suitable for Marine Reef Fish Tank Sump ★300W aquarium heater is suitable for 50 to 80 gallons aquariums,Length – 11 inch,voltage 110-120V, power cord is 6ft, please choose the right wattage aquarium heater according to our size chart.
9/19/2019 · What Size Aquarium Heater Do I Need? The general rule of thumb is 5 watts (W) of heat per 1 gallon of water if a) you need to heat the water up to 10 degrees above room temperature and b) you’re using an aquarium lid to retain warmth and prevent evaporative cooling.
VIVOSUN 300W Aquarium Heater Submersible Titanium Fish Tank Heaters with Intelligent LED Temperature Display and External Temperature Controller
- PRECISE TEMPERATURE CONTROL: An intelligent IC chip controls the heater temperature, making the temperature difference within ±1℃/±2ºF; Provide the best living environment for your aquatic creatures
- SAFETY GUARANTEE: Made with IP68, the highest waterproof level; and a titanium tube material that features explosion-proof and anti-corrosion engineering, which makes this submersible heater more resistant to damage while heating better than traditional glass heaters; Built with overheat and water shortage protection
- EXTERNAL TEMPERATURE CONTROLLER: The touch-button controller adjusts the temperature without getting your hands wet. It’s easy to control the temp from 68℉/20°C to 94℉/34°C; Check the size chart to find your desired fish tank heater
- EASY TO SETUP: 300W submersible heater is suitable for 50 to 60 gallons aquariums; Vertical or horizontal installation and ensure the device is fully submerged underwater
- WIDE COMPATIBILITY: The fish tank aquarium heater has CE, FCC and ROHS certification and the plug has a UL certification; Applicable for freshwater and marine aquariums, aquaculture, glass containers, and hydroponic systems
To calculate the water volume of your fish tank, first measure the length (in metres), height (in metres) and width (in metres) of your tank: Volume (m³) = Length (m) x Height (m) x Width (m) Multiple by 1,000 to convert m³ to litres.
11/1/2014 · Deciding if you need a heater is pretty simple. If the air in your living abode ever drops below the desired temperature of your aquarium, yes – you need a heater. Example. I don’t need a heater in the summer but during the winter, our house drops to 68F (20C) and we want to maintain a temperature of around 75F (24C).
hygger 500W Aquarium Heater, Submersible Fish Tank Water Heater with External Color LED Digital Temperature Controller,PTC Ceramic Frequency Conversion Fast Heating for 60~120 Gallon
LED DIGITAL DISPLAY CONTROLLER: ① Displays real-time water temperature or set temperature, three-digit display, water temperature display accurate to 0.1 °F, easy to read. ② 4 kinds of work instructions – Working/Malfunction/ Thermostatic/ Out of water, easy to understand. ③ Child Lock”KEY”: need to touch 3 seconds to set the temperature. RAPID HEATING: Fastest 5 seconds warming, with intelligent circuit board, work with new PTC ceramic thermal conductive material, the outside is wrapped with aluminum material to accelerate heat conduction and protection. Automatically reduces power when approaching the set temperature, fully utilizes thermal energy inertia to smoothly reach the set temperature, saving energy. INTELLIGENT THERMOSTAT: Over-temperature protection prevents “cooking fish”. When the water temp exceeds about 93.5 °F, start alternately flashing EE fault code; and over 97℉, the heater will stop heating automatically. When the water temp cool down to 93℉, the heater will start working automatically. In addition, it has a power-off memory function and no need to set it again. ANTI-DRY PROTECTION: When the heating rod is exposed to air, display ER fault code and the heater will shut off automatically. When the heating rod is completely immersed in water, it will start working automatically. Effectively extend the service life. (PS: Suitable for freshwater only.) HIGH-QUALITY MATERIALS: Built-in dual temperature probe, real-time monitoring of water temperature, temperature accuracy of ± 1 °F; high temperature resistant ABS material, no deformation and no softening, explosion-proof and anti-corrosion, no leakage of electricity. Strong suction cup bracket, can stably fix the heater in every corner of the fish tank.
Aquarium Heater Size Guide – The Spruce Pets. Using the aquarium heater size chart below, find the size of your aquarium in the left-hand column, then move to the column that shows the number of degrees the aquarium needs to be heated. If the heating requirement is between levels, move up to the next larger size.
5/7/2020 · Aquarium size. A 20-gallon tank may require you to get something that has 100 watts or so (as mentioned above). In the same way, the tank size you have, which is usually measured in gallons, is a criterion as to what wattage you should get for it. Higher wattages are better and more suitable for larger fish tanks, such as those above 50 gallons.
Aquarium Heater, Submersible Fish Tank Heater 500W with Titanium Tube Thermostat System LED Digital Play and Remote Controller for 70-80 Gallon Tank
- 🐠 Premium Titanium Alloy Material & pinpoint probe 🐠: The seaELF aquarium heater made by premium titanium alloy, shatterproof, anti explosion, anti cracking and anti-corrosion than quartz glass aquarium heater and stainless steel tank heater, good for fresh water and sea water. The precise sensing probe on the top of heater for pinpoint temperature and double seal design to ensure safe operation. The heating tube with CE, RoHS, FC approved and the plug with UL approved.
- 🐠 Remote Controller & LCD Display 🐠: Update design with remote controller and LCD display , easy to setting and adjusting the aquarium heater’s temperature by remote controller and easy know the tank’s temperature by the LCD display, no need to buy extra temperature and wet your hands to setting the temperature again. (the remote is non waterproof, please keep it away from water).
- 🐠 Intelligent Overheating Protection & Lack-of Water Protection 🐠: With double sensing probe on the top, it will accurate detect the temperature and water, once overheating or the water cant cover the top of this aquarium heater, it will automatic power-off, prevent electric shock & burns and keep you and your fish safe. (E2,E8 display are mean overheating, please increase the water circulation when it happens)
- 🐠 Intelligent Thermostat Heating System 🐠：This aquarium heater made with intelligent thermostat heating system, it will heating automatically once the water temperature is less than the setting temperature and stop heating once it reached the setting temperature. Keep the aquarium water in a same temperature environment to protect fishes, amphibians, turtles and so on.(Please install it near a strong water flow).
- 🐠 100% satisfaction 🐠: Just to show you how confident we are that your fish will enjoy the aquarium water heater, we are giving you a 6 month money-back guarantee, if there any problem when you install the heater or any un-satisfied with this product, please feel free to contact us for resend or refund, we will dealing with it within 48 hrs.
11/8/2020 · FishLab tested 20 of the slimmest and most compact aquarium heaters across seven different tanks ranging from 1 to 10 gallons, to answer one …
10/5/2018 · The Eheim Jager heater is a simple but effective heater and comes in a range of sizes suitable to heat tanks up to 220 gallons. It is a fully submersible heater which is surrounded by a special laboratory glass (free from pollutants) which increases the heating surface and acts as a heat shield.
6/24/2020 · Choosing the best aquarium heater for small tanks is always a big thing to consider. The main challenge comes from the limited space inside with decoration and fishes. Not only that, with a heater, but the small size may also cause the aquarium to heat up quickly. So, assuming that you have a fish tank with the size, not more than 10 gallons.
6/5/2019 · Any aquarium will need a water filter that’s crafted to work specifically with the size at hand. For instance, there are filters that work well with a 10-gallon fish tank. But if you try to install it on a bigger aquarium, it will be overwhelmed quickly.
1/3/2013 · On the market, there are 7.5w, 10w, 15w, 25w aquarium heaters—all indicating that they will work just fine for a tank 5 gallons and under.
1/26/2020 · What size aquarium heater do I need? Typically you want to get 5 watts per gallon. So with a 10 gallon tank, an informed buyer will get a 50 watt heater. How many watts per gallon does an aquarium heater use? Aquarium heaters will put out around three to five watts per gallon of water to maintain a stable temperature.
Again, this also depends on the size of the aquarium and the type of heater you’ll install. Obviously, a smaller aquarium would need less energy to heat, and the larger aquariums require more energy. Typically, in an aquarium between 40 to 80 cm in length, a heater …
10/15/2020 · The size of aquarium heaters is measured in watts to indicate the amount of power – and heat – they can generate. Various factors will help you to determine the right size of heater for your aquarium, including how big or small the tank is and how many gallons of water it holds.