Aquarium Heater Size Guide; Tank Size: Heat 5 Degrees C 9 Degrees F: Heat 10 Degrees C 18 Degrees F: Heat 15 Degrees C 27 Degrees F: 5 Gallon/20 Liter: 25 watt: 50 watt: 75 watt: 10 Gallon/40 Liter: 50 watt: 75 watt: 75 watt: 20 Gallon/75 Liter: 50 watt: 75 watt: 150 watt: 25 Gallon/100 Liter: 75 watt: 100 watt: 200 watt: 40 Gallon/150 Liter: 100 watt: 150 watt: 300 watt: 50 Gallon/200 Liter: 150 watt
Most aquarium experts recommend that you determine the power of your heater in terms of watts per gallon (WPG). Typically, you will need around 2.5 to 5 watts per gallon in your tank. So, for example, a 10 gallon aquarium would need a 25- to 50-watt heater.
Orlushy Submersible Aquarium Heater 300W-Fish Tahk Heater with Adjust Knob Thermostat 2 Suction Cups Suitable for Marine Reef Fish Tank Sump
- ★300W aquarium heater is suitable for 50 to 80 gallons aquariums,Length – 11 inch,voltage 110-120V, power cord is 6ft, please choose the right wattage aquarium heater according to our size chart.
- ★It shows an area to adjust the temperature. It’s not exactly accurate but it turns easy and can be adjusted at small intervals.
- ★Explosion Proof: 2mm thickened quartz glass,can be used in fresh water and salt water aquariums,easy to hide in the tank.
- ★Precise temperature dial from 68 to 89°F allows for complete control of aquatic climate within a 1-degree difference.
- ★Adjustable Aquarium Fish Tank Water Heater Sensitive and reliable thermostat maintains uniform temperature. Automatic shut off when the temperature is reached
Aquarium size To raise the water temperature 0.1-5ºF above the room temperature, you need a heater with… To raise the water temperature 5.1-10ºF above the room temperature, you need a heater with… To raise the water temperature 10.1-15ºF above the room temperature, you need a heater with… 5 gallons: 25 watts: 50 watts: 75 watts: 10 gallons
Aquarium Heater Size Guide When it comes to selecting the best aquarium heater size there is no “per gallon” rule that works in all cases. More often than not the size of your heater will be determined by the wattage and quality of your heater. This means the cheapest, biggest heater may not be the best aquarium heater.
Mylivell Aquarium Heater Submersible Auto Thermostat Heater,Fish Tank Water Heater and Adjustable Temperature with Suction Cups and Protective Cover (with case-50W)
- High Quality: Aquarium heater made of high quality quartz glass, double seal material , advanced design, ensures safe operation.
- Adjustable Temperature: The temperature of the fish tank heater can be adjusted automatically. Temperature setting range: 20°~34°C(65° F – 93° F), and the display is easy to read.
- Fully Submersible. Power: 50W. Suggested water volume: 10-20 gal.
- Both suiting for fresh or saltwater aquariums, provide a constant warm environment for your tropical fish to stay healthy.
- Convenient and Safe: Our aquarium heater thermostat has two suction cups for attachment to the fish tank. The polarized plug prevents electrical shock.
Most aquarium heaters range from 25 watts to 300 watts. Smaller aquariums require smaller heaters. A 10-gallon tank, for example, will typically need a 25- to 75-watt heater, while a 75-gallon tank will require 250 to 300 watts. Larger tanks may require multiple heaters.
It is also important to note that most aquarium heaters range from 25 watts to 300 watts, so for a nano fish tank you’d have to make do with 25 watts aquarium …
- Aquarium heater that blends into the aquarium environment with built-in reflective technology that mirrors the surrounding colors
- Computer-calibrated thermostat and easy-to-adjust temperature control dial
- Shock resistant Borosilicate glass and high density ceramic heat sick
- Easy to install with slim profile tube for easy placement
- 50-watt heater suitable for freshwater and saltwater aquariums up to 15 gallons with a 3-year warranty
8/5/2018 · In order to select the right size heater for your fish tank, you need to know how many gallons of water your tank holds. Once you know how many gallons your aquarium holds, then a good rule of thumb to follow is that your aquarium heater will need to output at least 3 to 5 watts of power for every gallon of water.If you want a more precise answer you can use the aquarium heater size calculator …
9/24/2020 · The size of the heater that you need is based on the volume of water in the tank, the average room temperature, and the water temperature you want. Image Source : Amazon. Ideally, you want a basic heater wattage of between 2.5 and 5 watts per gallon of water volume.
U-picks Submersible Aquarium Heater 500W/300W/100W Fish Tank Heater with Dual Intelligent External LED Digital Temperature Displays and Controller for Turtle Betta Fish Tank 80-130 Gallon (500W)
- [Fully Submersible Aquarium Heater]—Voltage 110-120V/60HZ, power 500 watt, heater rod length 10.8 inches, suitable for aquarium/fish/turtle/betta tank 80-130 gallon. The controller power cord is 47 inches, The heater power cord is 67 inches and the temperature control range from 68~93°F.
- [Smart Heating]—When the water temperature is lower than the set temperature (red indicator), the fish heater starts to work until the water temperature reaches the set temperature (blue indicator). It can always provide stable water temperature for your beloved fish.
- [External Controller]—This 500W submersible heater is adjusted by an external controller, which you can mount on the outside edge of the tank. It’s convenient and safe for you to set the temperature, no need to take the heater out from water and risk burning yourself.
- [Dual Temp Displays]—With dual accurate LED digital temperature displays, you can read & set the water temperature at the same time. It is very easy and convenient for you to recognize and observe the temp change in real time even in the night!
- [High Quality Material]—Made of thicker quartz, this heater is shatter-proof and blast-proof. The heater cover is compact designed, which is heat resistant that will protect you little fish from scalding. Strong suction cup bracket help stably fix the heater in every corner of the fish tank.
11/5/2020 · 250 watt. 300 watt. two 300 watt. I would always recommend using 2 heaters for your aquarium which are equal to the total wattage required. So for example if you have a 100 litre aquarium and need to heat it from 18 degrees to 28 degrees (10 degree C increase) then the table recommends using a 100W heater.
5/13/2020 · *The formula used for calculating aquarium chiller size is: volume in gallons * 8.34 weight of 1 gallon of water * temperature pull down needed * 20% padding factor.
Kinbo Aquarium Heater 300 Watt Submersible Fish Tank Heater Adjustable Temperature with Diving Thermometer and Protective Case Suction Cup
- What Can Kinbo 300W Aquarium Heater Do For You? Kinbo 300W aquarium heater is perfect for 30~80 gallon household fish tanks. It is well known that most fish cannot adapt to low temperatures, especially tropical fish. When the cold air comes, Kinbo can maintain a warm and comfortable living environment for your beloved fish. No matter what the weather is outside, where there is a Kinbo heater, there is warmth everywhere.
- Perfect Temperature Control: Kinbo 300W aquarium heater is an excellent thermostatic control system. By rotating the knob on the top of the heater, Kinbo aquarium heater can perfectly change the temperature in the tank. Temperature control range is 68°F~ 93°F. For most fish, 76°F to 80°F is an ideal habitat temperature, Kinbo fish tank heater can easily control the temperature in a comfortable range for your beloved fish.
- Safe And Durable: The Kinbo aquarium heater is topped with double insulated ABS material, this greatly improved the safety of Kinbo. Never leak electricity, you can safely let your fish get along with Kinbo Aquarium Heater. The surface of the Kinbo fish tank heater is made of reinforced quartz glass, which has excellent heat resistance and corrosion resistance. This gives the Kinbo Aquarium Heater a longer service life and works perfectly in fresh and salt water.
- Working Underwater: In order to prevent dry burning, the Kinbo fish tank heater needs to be fully submerged into the water. If some parts of the heater are outside the water, do not turn it on, otherwise the heater may burn out.( Especially the turtle tank, please make sure the heater is completely submerged in the water. )
- Thoughtful Accessories For You: A Wireless Diving Thermometer (battery included). You can use it to detect the water temperature at any time. Perfectly hidden under water, you only need a glance and you can see the readings. Your betta can even use it as a place to rest, like a betta leaf. A Protective Case With Suction Cup, you can use it to fix the heater wherever you want to fix it, and also protect your cute fish from burns.
★300W aquarium heater is suitable for 50 to 80 gallons aquariums,Length – 11 inch,voltage 110-120V, power cord is 6ft, please choose the right wattage aquarium heater according to our size chart. ★It shows an area to adjust the temperature.
9/19/2019 · What Size Aquarium Heater Do I Need? The general rule of thumb is 5 watts (W) of heat per 1 gallon of water if a) you need to heat the water up to 10 degrees above room temperature and b) you’re using an aquarium lid to retain warmth and prevent evaporative cooling.
Luffy 10W Betta Heater, for Small Tanks (1.5 gal.), Fully Submersible Aquarium Heater, Automatically Reaches Preset Temperature, Energy-efficient Heating Module, Suction Cups for Easy Installation
- ✔ ENSURE YOUR BETTA FISH GROW AND THRIVE — It is absolutely essential that your aquaria should be heated between 75° and 77°F for optimal comfort and metabolic efficiency of your betta fish. Any temperature below 70°F will cause your bettas to enter a state of minimal activity and they will be stressed and miserable. Make sure Betta are at their optimal health and performance with this heater.
- ✔ FULLY SUBMERSIBLE 100% WATERPROOF HEATER— This 10-watt aquarium heater supports 1.5 gallons (5 liters) fish tank. Its exterior is designed with tougher than glass and the sealed polymer can be submerged into your tank. The heating element is surrounded by a thick plastic to ensure 100% protection of your fish. It is also explosion-proof, Shatterproof, durable and has an anti-scald surface. It has a non-corrosive shell for strength which makes it nearly indestructible.
- ✔ AUTOMATICALLY REACHES THE PERFECT PRESET TEMPERATURE — The smart Betta heater by SunGrow has a built-in electronic thermostat to automatically maintain water around 75°F which is ideal for most tropical fish. It saves you from the trouble of constantly keeping a check on the temperature of your tank. It will automatically shut down when it will reach around the desired temperature, no manual adjustment is needed. This ensures that the temperature is not too high for your fish.
- ✔ CREATES THE IDEAL CONDITIONS FOR YOUR BETTA FISH — Betta are tropical fish. That means they need warmer water to live in. This heater will create the ideal conditions for your betta fish to thrive in. The warm water will keep your betta fish calm and happy and make their metabolic process efficient. A few preconditions are required to allow it to run with maximum efficiency. The heater must be completely submerged in the water and the indoor temperature should be 62-75°Fahrenheit.
- ✔ INCLUDES SUCTION CUPS FOR EASY INSTALLATION —- Easily install the SunGrow Betta Heater vertically or horizontally by using the built-in suction cups to attach to your tank. The best location to place the heater is in the stream of a powerhead or near the water flow, such as the outlet (or inlet) from the filter. This way the heat is evenly distributed throughout your tank.
5/7/2020 · As a submersible aquarium heater, this one is also at 100 watts and is rated for 110-volt systems. It has a 4-foot power cord and has a dial for its thermostat for easy control. The range of the thermostat is from 68 to 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
Aquarium Heater Size Ultimate Guide | Aquarium Labs. So, for example, a 10 gallon aquarium would need a 25- to 50-watt heater. Still, this is only a rough estimate —you will also need to consider the room temperature to make an accurate calculation. If your room temperature is low, you will need a larger heater …
Aquarium Heater Submersible 50W/200W/300W Fish Tank Water Heater Adjustable Temperature Thermostat for 15 30 55 75 Gallon Freshwater Saltwater Fish Betta Tanks with 2 Suction Cups (300W)
- ✅Upgraded Heater – Our aquarium heater is made of high quality real quartz glass material, will not explode during working, can totally keep your fish safe and health, suit for freshwater and saltwater tank.
- ✅Circulating Working Mode – Our submersible aquarium heater has a super good feature is after setting your temperature, it will work about 5-10 minutes, then stop 2 minutes, then continue to working, repeat this working mode until get your temperature. This working mode avoid overheating your fish.
- ✅Adjustable Temperature – The temperature of the water heater can be adjusted, rotate the orange dial can easily set the accurate temperature which you want. Temperature range is 20-34 ℃(68-93 ℉).
- ✅Power – The power of the fish thank heater is 300W, which is suit for 50 to 80 gallons fish tank. Voltage is 110V-120V. Cable length is 55 inch.
- ✅Indicator Light – This 75 gallon aquarium heater thermostat has a indicator light to let you know when the heater is on. It will be red when heating and off when the proper temperature has been reached. It will stop work automatic when water reach the temperature which you set, and begin to work when water temperature bellow setting temperature.
The Hygger Mini Aquarium Heater can handle tanks of up to 13 gallons with no issue at all. The compact design with suction cups makes it easy to install on glass, plastic, or acrylic tanks. And it is reasonably priced, so buying multiple units is well within the range of possibilities.
Not sure what size heater to get for your aquarium? There is a way to calculate the proper size heater, based on the temperature of the room and the volume of water in the tank. 03 of 05. Mini-heaters . Amazon. Many fish that require heated water for optimal health (such as the Betta) are kept in small tanks or bowls. Unfortunately, mini tanks …
Orlushy 50W Mini Submersible Aquarium Heater with External Temp Controller and Built-in Thermometer for Small Fish Tank
- 【50 Watt Aquarium Heater】: For 2-10 gallons fish tank, 50W aquarium heater, voltage 110V, power cord 5(ft), the temp can be set to the values ranging from 65 to 93°F, please choose the right wattage aquarium heater according to our size chart
- 【External controller】: This heater is designed to be the external controller, and users can change the temperature without having to get your hands wet or without having to take the heater out of the aquarium, providing great convenience
- 【Adjustable Temp】: To set the desired temperature ranging from 65-93℉by pressing the “set” button, cyclic adjustment, stabilizing the target temperature and small in temp exactness, without worries about what the temperature really is
- 【Application】: The heater must be fixed fully submersible in water horizontally or vertically, can be applied in glass, plastic tank, fish bowl and square tank
- 【Digital & Smart】: The heater is equipped with built-in thermometer, when the actual temp is above the set temp, the heater will stop heating. Otherwise, if the actual temp is below the set temp, the heater will restart to heat up the water. And the LED digital display will show the set temp and actual water temp
This aquarium heater by Cobalt Aquatics is a great way to kick off this list of the 11 best aquarium heaters. With 25, 50, 75, 100, 150, 200, and 300W options, there will be a model that is the perfect power for your tank. Uniquely among heaters this model features a modern flat design. This design allows it to be fully submerged in water.
10/5/2018 · Eheim Jager Aquarium Thermostat Heater. Available in a large range of watts from 25W to 300W, this middle of the range heater is slim and unimposing on aquariums. Get Tank Now. The Eheim Jager heater is a simple but effective heater and comes in …
SunGrow Betta Plakat Heater, 10-Watt Submersible Aquarium Water Heater for Small Tanks (1.5-Gallons), with Preset Temperature Capability, Suction Cups Included
- ✔ KEEP YOUR BETTA HEALTHY — To ensure that your betta has optimal health, you need to provide her with warm water. The water in the tank should not go below 74°F for optimal comfort and metabolic efficiency of your crown tail betta. The cold temperature for this gourami family fish will make her lethargic, stressed, and miserable.
- ✔ AUTOMATICALLY REACHES THE PRESET TEMPERATURE — The smart SunGrow heater for this freshwater fish has a built-in electronic thermostat to automatically maintain water around 72°F which is ideal for most tropical fish. It saves you from the trouble of constantly keeping a check on the temperature of your tank. It will automatically shut down when it will reach the desired temperature, no manual adjustment is needed.
- ✔ CREATES THE IDEAL CONDITIONS FOR FLORA AND FAUNA — The eastern Asian fish species can survive in a freshwater environment. This heater by SunGrow will create ideal conditions for them. A few preconditions are required to allow it to run with maximum efficiency. The heater must be completely submerged in the water and the indoor temperature should be around 62-74°F.
- ✔ SUCTION CUPS INCLUDED FOR EASY INSTALLATION —- Easily install the SunGrow Heater vertically or horizontally by using the built-in suction cups to attach to your tank. The best location to place the heater is in the stream of a powerhead or near the water flow, such as the outlet (or inlet) from the filter. This way the heat is evenly distributed throughout your tank.
- ✔ FULLY SUBMERSIBLE WATER HEATER— This 10-watt aquarium heater supports 1.5 gallons (5 liters) fish tank. Its exterior is designed with tougher than glass and the sealed polymer can be submerged into your tank. The heating element is surrounded by a thick plastic to ensure the protection of these caudal-finned betta fish.
12/1/2020 · Aquarium Heater Size Thermostatic heaters are the most popular and reliable means of heating a tank. They are available in various lengths for aquariums of different depths, and in different power (wattage) ratings. Allow about 100 watts for every 26 gallons (100 liters) of water, and choose a unit that can be fully submerged in your tank.
How To Calculate the Right Size Aquarium Heater (in Watts): Lastly use the Aquarium Size and Required Aquarium Temperature Increase in the table below to calculate the required aquarium heater wattage: Aquarium Size. Required Aquarium Temperature Increase. 5°C. 10°C. 15°C. 50 Litres. 50 Watt. 75 Watt. 75 Watt. 100 Litres. 75 Watt. 100 Watt.
Infrared Heater, Space Heater with 3 Heating Modes, Remote Control, and Timer, Electric Heater with Overheat & Tip-Over Shut Off Protection, Heater for Large Room, Low Noise, Wood Cabinet, Brown
- Touch Screen Setting & Thermostat Retention: Our electric room heaters carry the programmable thermostat function; You can select a temperature degree ranging from 59°F-86°F that makes you feel comfortable, and the room heater will circulate warm air to keep your space warm and cozy; When you set the thermostat at a certain degree on the screen and then shut off the electric heater, the electric heater will remain at the same setting when you turn it on; Air Choice cares about your choice
- Multi-places & Smart Modes: The indoor space heater carries 3 heat modes; The high heat of the electric heater will distribute 1500 watts of sun-like warmth; The low mode will deliver 750 watts of warm airflow; And the Eco mode of the infrared space heater will save you up to 300 watts of energy; The space heater is ideal for multiple living spaces, offices, and bedrooms; Moreover, the electric room heaters can quickly heat up your room in seconds, you don’t have to wait in the cold room anymore
- Stay On Your Couch & Have The Job Done: The indoor space heater is equipped with a LED display screen, where you can see the working status of the electric heater clearly in a distance.; These features allow you to control the quiet space heater with a remote while you’re watching TV on the couch on a chilly winter night; Moreover, the remote can lock the control panel in case of it being controlled by children in mistake; Air Choice, for your convenience
- Tip-over Shut-off & Overheat Protection: The electric heater comes with a variety of safety features; If an external unit of the space heater is overheated, the space heater will be automatically shut off; The tip-over shut off feature will also efficiently prevent the possible fire; Our space heater is a safer choice if your family is with children and pets; What’s more, our product has a 12-month warranty policy; Air Choice strives for providing our customers with quality service
- Remote Control & Smart 12-Hour Timer: Our electric heater carries a timer, which can be adjusted from 0 to 12 hours; The timer is not only for shutting off the room heater; It can also turn the space heater with the thermostat on at a time you have set; When you get back home after working all day, you will receive a warm welcome from our room space heater; It is of low noise design, so you can also have a peaceful sleep at night; Air Choice space heater, a warm guardian of your house
11/8/2020 · The power of an aquarium heater is measured in watts (W). The more watts, the more powerful the heater. A 20-watt heater, for example, is twice as powerful as a 10-watt one. The bigger your aquarium, the more watts you need to heat it.
6/24/2020 · Choosing the best aquarium heater for small tanks is always a big thing to consider. The main challenge comes from the limited space inside with decoration and fishes. Not only that, with a heater, but the small size may also cause the aquarium to heat up quickly. So, assuming that you have a fish tank with the size, not more than 10 gallons.
1/4/2013 · A good rule of thumb to determine what size heater you may need for your small aquarium is: 5 watts for every 5 gallons; This is not an absolute rule as different heaters may work more effectively than others, but this will help guide you to finding a heater that is better suited for the size tank you need.
11/1/2014 · Deciding if you need a heater is pretty simple. If the air in your living abode ever drops below the desired temperature of your aquarium, yes – you need a heater. Example. I don’t need a heater in the summer but during the winter, our house drops to 68F (20C) and we want to maintain a temperature of around 75F (24C).
This calculator estimates the size, or power, of heater and chiller required to maintain an aquarium between a specified temperature range. Before using this calculator, please read the instructions .
2/16/2020 · In fact, an aquarium heater is one such piece of equipment that will help separate a good fish owner to a lousy fish owner. In case you need to be convinced further: An aquarium heater hardly costs much, especially if it is for domestic use. Most of these heaters have automatic features that prevent the water from overheating.
In this case, if your tank size is 5 gallon, you will need a 50-watt aquarium heater Similarly, 25-gallon tank needs a 100 watt aquarium heater, 40-gallon tank needs a 150 watt aquarium heater, 50-gallon tank needs a 200 watt aquarium heater, 65-gallon tank needs a 250 watt aquarium heater, and 75-gallon tank needs a 300 watt aquarium heater.