Sizing a tank heater (or heaters) is based on the water volume of the tank, the average temperature in the room where the tank is located, and the desired water temperature for the tank. For the heater wattage, the basic rule of thumb is to use between 2.5 and …
Aquarium Heater Size Guide When it comes to selecting the best aquarium heater size there is no “per gallon” rule that works in all cases. More often than not the size of your heater will be determined by the wattage and quality of your heater. This means the cheapest, biggest heater may not be the best aquarium heater.
hygger 800W Aquarium Heater, Submersible Fish Tank Water Heater with External Color LED Digital Temperature Controller, Fast Heating for 120-180 Gallon for Saltwater and Freshwater
- 🐟LED DIGITAL DISPLAY CONTROLLER: ① Displays real-time water temperature or set temperature, three-digit display, water temperature display accurate to 0.1 °F, easy to read. ② 4 kinds of work instructions – Working/Malfunction/ Thermostatic/ Out of water, easy to understand. ③ Child Lock”KEY”: need to touch 3 seconds to set the temperature.
- 🐟RAPID HEATING: Fastest 5 seconds warming, with intelligent circuit board, the outside is wrapped with aluminum material to accelerate heat conduction and protection. Automatically reduces power when approaching the set temperature, fully utilizes thermal energy inertia to smoothly reach the set temperature, saving energy.
- 🐟INTELLIGENT THERMOSTAT: Over-temperature protection prevents “cooking fish”. When the water temp exceeds about 93.5 °F, start alternately flashing EE fault code; and over 97℉, the heater will stop heating automatically. When the water temp cool down to 93℉, the heater will start working automatically. In addition, it has a power-off memory function and no need to set it again.
- 🐟ANTI-DRY PROTECTION: When the heating rod is exposed to air, display ER fault code and the heater will shut off automatically. When the heating rod is completely immersed in water, it will start working automatically. Effectively extend the service life.
- 🐟HIGH-QUALITY MATERIALS: Built-in dual temperature probe, real-time monitoring of water temperature, temperature accuracy of ± 1 °F; high temperature resistant ABS material, no deformation and no softening, explosion-proof and anti-corrosion, no leakage of electricity. Strong suction cup bracket, can stably fix the heater in every corner of the fish tank.
2018-08-05 · A large 150 gallon aquarium will need to use multiple heaters in order to properly warm the water. If you only need to increase the temperature of your 150 gallon aquarium by 5 degrees then a total of 450 watts will be needed. If your 150 gallon fish tank is in a cooler room then 750 watts will be needed in order to raise the water temperature to 10 degrees above ambient room temperature …
Choosing a Heater Most aquarium heaters range from 25 watts to 300 watts. Smaller aquariums require smaller heaters. A 10-gallon tank, for example, will typically need a 25- to 75-watt heater, while a 75-gallon tank will require 250 to 300 watts.
LEDGLE Submersible Aquarium Heater with Thermometer, Fish Tank Heater for 3 to 5 Gallon Betta Tank, Saltwater or Freshwater Aquariums, Turtle, Auto Intelligent LED Digital Display
- 🐠Automatic Constant Temperature: Automatically maintains the temperature around 25-28℃. The aquarium heater starts heating when lower than 23℃.
- 🐠Come with Diving Thermometer: Much safer to observe the water temperature of the fish tank at any time. ℉ and ℃ are available. Much safer if the temperature of the fish tank can be monitored at any time.
- 🐠Compact & Portable Heater: 5.3x1x0.7in. Fast heating, smart thermostat is designed for 3 to gallon betta fish tank and takes up a small space.
- 🐠Simple Installation: With 2 suction cups at the bottom, the aquarium tank heater can easily adsorb on fish tank. To make the tank temperature go more uniformity,please make the heater installed near the water outlet or inlet. The heater must be 100% immersed in water. Please unplug the power when cleaning the fish tank or changing the aquarium.
- 🐠Widely Used: Anti-explosion and 1P68 Waterproof, small thermostat creates ideal warm water conditions for your fishes to thrive in, especially apply to all kinds of tropical freshwater fish, turtles, etc.
Usually, heater with a low wattage below 50 watts are only ideal for small aquariums mostly ranging from 3 to 10 gallons in size. High wattage filters are best in large aquariums (from 75 gallons) and usually range anywhere from 250 watts. Still, some fish tanks are …
2020-11-05 · I would always recommend using 2 heaters for your aquarium which are equal to the total wattage required. So for example if you have a 100 litre aquarium and need to heat it from 18 degrees to 28 degrees (10 degree C increase) then the table recommends using a 100W heater. I would however use 2x 100W heater.
hygger Explosion-Proof Carbon Mini Submersible Aquarium Heater, 50W Small Heater with Over-Temperature Protect,Turtle and Betta Tank Heater with Digital Display External Controller
- 🐡DIGITAL DISPLAY & EXTERNAL CONTROLLER: Easy to use, LED digital display, adjustable external temperature, can be set between 68℉~94℉, easy to know the real-time temperature. The working status can also be displayed, Red light on: Heating, Blue light on: Constant Temperature. PS:Press one time adds one degree.Long press for three seconds to switch between Celsius (℃) and Fahrenheit(℉).
- 🐡SAFE AND ANTI-BURN: The nichrome alloy heating materials has higher thermal energy efficiency, and then conducts heat through carbon material, which effectively utilizes electrical energy to convert into thermal energy, with long service life and uniform heating. The exterior is made of special nylon material, fireproof material, safe explosion-proof and anti-burn,and there is no safety problem.
- 🐡MINI NOT TAKE UP SPACE: It can be installed horizontally or vertically. is also for saltwater & freshwater, and it can be used in various small turtle and fish tanks such as Betta, Angelfish,Guppy,Swordfish,Marie fish tanks, which can fully meet your needs. Note: Do not put the heater in the sand.Please make sure that the water surface is at least 2 inch above the heater.
- 🐡OVER TEMPERATURE PROTECTION: Intelligent induction device, stable work, good performance, over-temperature protection, avoid cooking fish due to high temperature. When temp pass 97℉(36℃),the LED display shows“E2”, the heater will shut off automatically. And automatic constant temperature function.
- 🐡PRODUCT PARAMETERS: Voltage:110-120V/60Hz; Cord length:4.3ft; Temp Accuracy:±2℉; ℃/℉ conversion:Long press the set button can automatically conversion; Over-temp:Temp above 97℉(36℃), heater will shut off automatically; Control Range:68℉~94℉; Dimension:3.5 x 2 x 0.8 inch.
Aquarium size To raise the water temperature 0.1-5ºF above the room temperature, you need a heater with… To raise the water temperature 5.1-10ºF above the room temperature, you need a heater with… To raise the water temperature 10.1-15ºF above the room temperature, you need a heater with… 5 gallons: 25 watts: 50 watts: 75 watts: 10 gallons
2019-09-19 · The general rule of thumb is 5 watts (W) of heat per 1 gallon of water if a) you need to heat the water up to 10 degrees above room temperature and b) you’re using an aquarium lid to retain warmth and prevent evaporative cooling. For example, if you have a 20-gallon tank under those conditions, the suggested heater size is 100 watts.
Orlushy Submersible Aquarium Heater 200W ,Fish Tahk Heater with Adjust Knob Thermostat 2 Suction Cups Suitable for Marine Reef Fish Tank Sump
- ★200W aquarium heater is suitable for 40 to 60 gallons aquariums,Length – 11″,voltage 110-120V, power cord is 6ft, please choose the right wattage aquarium heater according to our size chart.
- ★It shows an area to adjust the temperature. It’s not exactly accurate but it turns easy and can be adjusted at small intervals.
- ★Explosion Proof: 2mm thickened quartz glass,can be used in fresh water and salt water aquariums,easy to hide in the tank.
- ★Precise temperature dial from 68 to 89 째F allows for complete control of aquatic climate within a 1-degree difference.
- ★Adjustable Aquarium Fish Tank Water Heater Sensitive and reliable thermostat maintains uniform temperature. Automatic shut off when the temperature is reached.
Typically, aquariums should have 5 Watts of power for every gallon of water, so a 10-gallon aquarium needs a 50 Watt heater. Since we are on the topic of heaters, here are a couple of heater tips: It is wise to always keep an extra heater on hand. Your heater will invariably fail in the dead of winter at night when all pet shops are closed.
2020-11-08 · Best small aquarium heater for 6 to 10-gallon tanks. Good news! Once you reach this size, you can use almost any heater you want. But when it comes to precision heating, size and reliability, there is only one aquarium heater you should pick… Check the price. Out of all the aquarium heaters we reviewed, the Cobalt Neotherm was the clear winner.
- Can be used in both freshwater and saltwater, applicable for 10~25 gallon fish tanks.
- Adjust temperature by top red knob, range 68°F-93°F. Tube temperature displayed.
- Water-tight of IP68 sealing. 2mm shatterproof quartz housing, bottom clash-proof cover. (NOTICE: Can’t be used even just cracked a tiny bit, pls contact us for replacement)
- Measurement 9.7″ x 1″ (L x D). Only allowing for vertical or horizontal installment.
- Package include aquarium heater x 1; Suction Cups x 3; stick-on thermometer x 1.
2018-10-05 · It comes in a range of sizes from 25 watts to 250 watts, depending on the size of your tank and the required heating needs.
2020-06-24 · When choosing the submersible heaters, you need to consider the wattage level, too. It depends much on the size of the tank. A 25-watt heater for a 2-5-gallon tank; A 50-watt heater for a 5-10-gallon tank; Conclusion. Preparing the best heater for small tanks is also an important task when caring for an aquarium. The better the heater can run …
500W Digital Aquarium Heater, Submersible Fish Tank Heater with Readout for Saltwater or Freshwater 60-100-150 Gallon, Thermostat Titanium Safe External Controller, Gift of 2 Artificial Plants
- Pet Fish’s Favorite Gifts: ZEETOON Large Betta Tank Heater is fully submersible in water with 2 suction cups can be easily mounted on tank. Comes with a separate controller so you can easily adjust from low to high without taking out the heater from the aquarium or fish tank. Suitable for all kinds of aquarium pets, Betta, tropical fish, goldfish, ornamental fish and turtles, for both brine and fresh water. Your little fishes and sea turtle amphibians coral will no longer fear the winter
- 110V 500W Stable Output Power: digital thermostat fish heater. Specific Especially suitable for aquariums of medium to large glass materials up to 120 gallons / 450 liters, not suggested plastic tank. ZEETOON Intelligent Temperature regulate Heater provide a constant warm for your pet fish to stay healthy to prevent the fish sick. And We Also Recommend To Position It Near A Strong Water Flow, So That The Whole Aquarium Are In The Same Temperature
- Pinpoint Temperature: Adopted intelligent circuit board, with a precise sensing probe, LCD Digital thermometer and thermostat heating system. The temperature of the heater can be manually adjust between 20-34℃/±1℃ (68ºF-93ºF/±2ºF). It works will automatically turn on/off to achieve the stably temperature setting, You can also change the Fahrenheit/Celsius display according to your reading habits. Just press and hold the “SET” button for 6s. Energy-saving life, you will be at your fingertips
- Shatterproof & Anticorrsion: ZEETOON High Power Aquarium Warmer Made of high quality titanium alloy, it’s completely shatterproof as there is NO glass in the construction. As it has a great feature of being anticorrosion, it is perfect for freshwater, saltwater aquariums and reef tanks. Corrosion-proof Suitable for Freshwater and Seawater, IP68 waterproof, anti explosion & cracking, it is scald-preventing for your pets and safe operation for you, safer and more stable to use
- Safety: The External Adjustable Control, Our fish tank heaters can quickly to adjust the temperature without getting your hands wet. Prevent electric shock & burns. Keep you & your family safe. It has a powerful Security System that Automatically Stop Heating When The Heater is Out Of Water & would automatically shut off when fault occurs or overheating to avoid pets in high temperature. Giving your fish, amphibians, turtles safety protection. Please make sure the heater is Fully Submersible
2020-05-13 · *The formula used for calculating aquarium chiller size is: volume in gallons * 8.34 weight of 1 gallon of water * temperature pull down needed * 20% padding factor. It’s better to use an oversized chiller (hence the 20% padding factor in the calculation) than an undersized one to ensure it lasts longer and doesn’t have to work as hard and other factors that could impact the efficiency of the …
2020-05-07 · An ideal wattage for a heater for 55 gallon aquarium is from 300 to 500 watts of power. This is because this wattage is good for tanks that have a size of 30 to 80 gallons of water. This is because this wattage is good for tanks that have a size of 30 to 80 gallons of water.
Aquarium Heater, Submersible Fish Tank Heater 300W with Titanium Tube Thermostat System LED Digital Play and Remote Controller for 50-60 Gallon Tank
- 🐠 Premium Titanium Alloy Material & pinpoint probe 🐠: The seaELF aquarium heater made by premium titanium alloy, shatterproof, anti explosion, anti cracking and anti-corrosion than quartz glass aquarium heater and stainless steel tank heater, good for fresh water and sea water. The precise sensing probe on the top of heater for pinpoint temperature and double seal design to ensure safe operation. The heating tube with CE, RoHS, FC approved and the plug with UL approved.
- 🐠 Remote Controller & LCD Display 🐠: Update design with remote controller and LCD display , easy to setting and adjusting the aquarium heater’s temperature by remote controller and easy know the tank’s temperature by the LCD display, no need to buy extra temperature and wet your hands to setting the temperature again. (the remote is non waterproof, please keep it away from water).
- 🐠 Intelligent Overheating Protection & Lack-of Water Protection 🐠: With double sensing probe on the top, it will accurate detect the temperature and water, once overheating or the water cant cover the top of this aquarium heater, it will automatic power-off, prevent electric shock & burns and keep you and your fish safe. (E2,E8 display are mean overheating, please increase the water circulation when it happens)
- 🐠 Intelligent Thermostat Heating System 🐠：This aquarium heater made with intelligent thermostat heating system, it will heating automatically once the water temperature is less than the setting temperature and stop heating once it reached the setting temperature. Keep the aquarium water in a same temperature environment to protect fishes, amphibians, turtles and so on.(Please install it near a strong water flow).
- 🐠 100% satisfaction 🐠: Just to show you how confident we are that your fish will enjoy the aquarium water heater, we are giving you a 6 month money-back guarantee, if there any problem when you install the heater or any un-satisfied with this product, please feel free to contact us for resend or refund, we will dealing with it within 48 hrs.
Use 300 watts to heat a 55 gallon aquarium. Since this tank is long, buy two 150 watt heaters for each side. The heaters will last longer because they don’t have to work as hard to maintain water temperature, saving money in the long term.
2020-10-23 · So what size of heater do you need for your aquarium? 50 watts? 75 watts? 200 watts? There are many different factors to take into consideration, and a range of different formulas you can use to help you choose your aquarium heater. It’s generally accepted that for every gallon of water you have in your aquarium, you should use between 2.5 and 5 watts of heat. However, this rule is need to …
- Ideal for 50-80 gallons fish tanks, can be installed in both fresh and saltwater.
- Red rotatable knob on top for adjusting the temperatures between ranges of 68°F-93°F. Visible temperature displayed allows accurate temperature maintain.
- Please notice the red indicator light is on while working, will automatically turn off when temperature reached. Carefully check external condition before use. Recommend testing before introduce to fish.
- Water-tight with IP68 sealing workmanship. Fix the heater tightly to the tank in vertical or horizontal with 3 strong suction cups. Shatterproof 2 mm extra thick quartz glass prevents electricity leakage and scratching. Measures 11.2″ x 1″ (L x D)
- Come with Uniclife aquarium heater x 1; Suction Cups x 3; stick-on thermometer x 1(The color of number will change to blue to indicate the temperature).
2020-05-07 · Aquarium size. A 20-gallon tank may require you to get something that has 100 watts or so (as mentioned above). In the same way, the tank size you have, which is usually measured in gallons, is a criterion as to what wattage you should get for it. Higher wattages are better and more suitable for larger fish tanks, such as those above 50 gallons. Budget. Always consider your budget but donâ …
2014-11-01 · For the smaller 3 gallon Spec III, I think a 50 watt is a bit much. A 25 watt heater is going to be your best bet. One Type of Heater to Stay Away From: In a search to find a heater that is small enough to fit in the pump section of a Fluval Spec aquarium, you will come across some models that are do not have an internal thermostat and are thus always ‘on’. They are small, simple, and …
Orlushy 300W Submersible Aquarium Heater, Fish Tank Heater with Adjustable Temperature and 2 Suction Cups for 30-55 Gallon Tank 6ft Power Cord
- 【300 Watt Aquarium Heater】: 300w aquarium heater is for 30-55 gallons fish tank, voltage 120V/60Hz, power cord 6(ft), heating rob length-11 inches.The temperature can be set to the values ranging from 68 to 93°F, please choose the right wattage aquarium heater according to our size chart
- 【Updated Design】: The aquarium heater is made of quartz glass, featuring corrosion-proof and explosion-proof. It adopts brand new structural design and helps increase dispersing heat area and shorten the length of the heating rob, thereby raising heating efficiency by 20%
- 【Intelligent Safety Protection】：When the indicator lamp is on, the heater starts to heat up the water. With automatic shut-off function and the thermostat inside, the heater maintains the tank water in stable and constant temp, automatically stop or start heating to keep the temp stability
- 【Wide Range of Application】：The heater is suitable for use in marine water or fresh water. With 2 strong suction cups, the heater can be installed horizontally or vertically to the tank side and held in place well for aquariums, fish tanks, aquacultures and hydroponic systems
- 【Tips】：1.Please disconnect the power supply, remove the heater out the water after cooling it down for 10 minutes before cleaning the aquarium or changing the water 2.Please ensure the heater is fully submerged in water
Submersible Aquarium Heater 300w 100w 200w, Anti-Explosion Fish Tank Water Heater and Thermometer with Adjustable Temperature for 20 Gallon,30 Gallon, 50 Gallon Tank,with 2 Pieces Suction Cup Suckers 4.2 out of 5 stars 268
50 watts x 6-10 hours a day x 365 days a year x $.00012 per hour on average = $13.14-$21.90 extra each year. Keep this in mind, as the cost will add up over time. Lifetime & Warranty. The Aquatop quartz 150 watt typically lasts between 1-3 years, a fair lifetime considering it costs half as much as other low cost aquarium heaters. The heater is fairly fragile and cannot be allowed to touch the …
hygger 50W Mini Inline Quartz Glass Aquarium Heater with External Controller, Adjustable Submersible Betta Fish Tank Thermostat for 5-15 Gallon
- 🐠 【For Fish Tank 5-15 gallon】50W aquarium heater, voltage AC110-120V 60HZ, power cord is 4.6ft. Heater rod length is 5 inch, mini compact heater for small fish tank use. Perfect for betta tank. A very compact heater, easy to hide in the tank
- 🐠【Automatic Stop & Restart】Effectively maintain the tank water in the constant temp you set, stop heating when water temp reaches to the set temp and restart heating when the water temp is 1-2℉ below the set temp.The indicator light on the controller will be on red when it’s heating, will be off when it stop heating
- 🐠【With Built-in Thermometer】you can set the the temp from 68℉ to 90℉,temp exactness is within 2 degrees in fahrenheit. There is a built-in thermometer in the heater to detect the water temp, not need to buy seperate thermometer
- 🐠【Durable Quartz Glass】this aquarium heater tube is heat-resistant quartz glass made, excellent in explosion-proof, can be used in fresh water and salt water aquariums, white alundum sand as the heat-conducting media, service life can be 3 years or more
- 🐠【Fully Submersible】this fish tank heater is waterproof, must be fully submerged in water when working, place it horizontally or vertically near the water intake or where the way of water flow
2014-11-11 · What size heaters are you using? I am finding out that a 300W heater is not enough for my 180 after switching the metal halide to LED’s. After the switch, I was using two Eheim heaters (150W + 75W) until one of them broke. I was lucky that it was the 75W heater that broke (and stuck). The tank temp did not go up much at all (only up to 81 or so …
Aquarium Heater Size Calculator – (Fish Tank Heater Size Calculator) A standard 20 gallon fish tank will need a 60-watt heater at a minimum. A 60-watt heater will only be powerful enough if the fish tank needs to be heated 5 degrees above ambient room temperature.
2010-07-19 · I have a 50 gallon aquarium and use a 200 wattage heater for my fish that live in an environment of around 28-30 degrees celsius. 200 wattage is obviously a bit excessive for such a small tank although it still works quite well. I advice you buy a heater of around 150-170 wattage. It will keep your aquarium nice and warm.
2012-02-25 · I have always tried to have 3-5 watts of heat per gallon. And 2 heaters are better than one IMO. Jan 27, 2012. Jaysee. Member. How strong a heater you need is a function of how many degrees over room temperature you want the tank to be. If room temp is 72 and you want the tank 78, you don’t need as high a wattage as if your room temp was 65. Jan 27, 2012. Thread Starter; arowanaman. …