An aquarium heater is an essential piece of equipment for any fish keeper. It ensures that your fish have a comfortable and stable water temperature, which is crucial to their health and well-being. There are various types of aquarium heaters on the market, so choosing one that best suits your needs is important. In this blog post, we’ll look at everything you need to know about aquarium heaters, including how to choose the right one for your tank.
So, what are you waiting for? If you’re looking for a great selection of aquarium heaters? Check out our selection of aquarium heaters today!
Aquarium Heater – Best Seller #1
Hitop 50W/100W/300W Adjustable Aquarium Heater, Submersible Glass Water Heater for 5 – 70 Gallon Fish Tank (50W for 5-15 Gallon)
- Explosion Proof: 2mm thickened explosion proof glass, 33% thicker than the normal, safer for both human and animals.
- Application: 50W water heater is suitable for 5 – 15 gallon tank, also suitable for both saltwater and freshwater.
- Accurate Temperature: Temperatures from 68°F to 93°F (20°C – 34°C), come with a thermometer sticker, convenient to detect the water temperature without another pay.
- Long Service Life: Adopt 8-slot multi-branched heating wire ceramic frame, shorter length, 7.8*1*1 in(20*2.5*2.5 cm), better heat dissipation, and can save more space for your fishes.
- Complete Accessories and Warranty: Except for thermometer, also equipped with 3 suction cups, one for replacement, and offer 12 months warranty, leave you no worries after you buy it.
A Guide to Everything About Aquarium Heaters
A Guide to Everything About Aquarium Heaters – Water temperature is an important factor in aquarium fish comfort and well-being. You must take into account proper heater type, size, and placement.
Best Aquarium Heater – Best Seller #2
Orlushy Submersible Aquarium Heater,150W Adjustable Fish Tahk Heater with 2 Suction Cups Free Thermometer Suitable for Marine Saltwater and Freshwater
- ★150W aquarium heater is suitable for 20 to 30 gallons aquariums,Length – 9.5″,voltage 110-120V, power cord is 6ft, please choose the right wattage aquarium heater according to our size chart.
- ★It shows an area to adjust the temperature. It’s not exactly accurate but it turns easy and can be adjusted at small intervals
- ★Explosion Proof: 2mm thickened quartz glass,can be used in fresh water and salt water aquariums,easy to hide in the tank.
- ★Precise temperature dial from 68 to 89°F allows for complete control of aquatic climate within a 1-degree difference
- ★Adjustable Aquarium Fish Tank Water Heater Sensitive and reliable thermostat maintains uniform temperature. Automatic shut off when the temperature is reached.
The Best Aquarium Heaters of 2022 (Reviews & Top Pick)
The Best Aquarium Heaters of 2022 (Reviews & Top Pick) – Are you looking for the best aquarium heater that fits your needs? You’re in the right place.
Heater for Aquarium – Best Seller #3
Tetra HT Submersible Aquarium Heater With Electronic Thermostat, 50-Watt
- All Tetra HT heaters have indicator lights to let you know when the heater is on. It will be red when heating and green when the proper temperature has been reached.
- The HT10 uses a built in electronic theromstat to automatically maintain water at 78° F which is ideal for most tropical fish. No adjustment is requried.
- Ideal for aquariums between 2 to 10 gallons with hoods or glass canopies
- The HT heater is fully submersbile and can be installed vertically or horizontally. It’s small footprint makes it easy to conceal behind plants or other décor.
- Please read all label information upon delivery. DO NOT plug heater into an electrical outlet until it is placed inside the aquarium.
11 Best Aquarium Heaters – Updated 2022 List – Inland Aquatics
11 Best Aquarium Heaters – Updated 2022 List – Inland Aquatics – A complete buying guide for choosing a heater for your fish. Finding the right heater for your aquarium is a crucial decision as it ensures right temperature and enviornment for fishes to live healthy life.
Digital Aquarium Heater – Best Seller #4
FREESEA 50W Mini Aquarium Heater Fish Tank Submersible Heater with LED Temperature Display
- ★ Temperature range: 59°F~94°F, display Fahrenheit °F, this heater is designed for1~10 gallons tank. Upgrade function: The heater will auto shut off when it is out of water and turn normal when fully in water again.
- ★ Automatic constant temperature function, when water temperature reaches to specified temperature value, heater will automatically stop heating, when water temperature is lower than the set temperature, heater will automatically start heating.
- ★ Touch button, cyclic adjust temperature , easy to use and Safety.
- ★【Note】:this heater is 100% submersible use only, during its heating time, heater must be 100% submerged into the water.
- ★【SATISFACTION GUARANTEED】Gain the confidence to go hard with us! Our Aquarium Heater is built with durability in mind and safety for every design, In the remote possibility that you’re not satisfied with our product, just contact us, and we will gladly give you a new Aquarium Heater replacement. 12 Month Warranty and 24 Hour Professional After-sales Service.
Best Aquarium Heaters For All Tank Owners (2022 Update)
Best Aquarium Heaters For All Tank Owners (2022 Update) – Picking the best aquarium heater for your tank is essential if you want your fish to thrive. Check out our buyer guide to find the perfect heater for you!
Mini Aquarium Heater – Best Seller #5
HITOP 25W 50W 100W 200W 300W Adjustable Aquarium Heater, Submersible Fish Tank Heater Thermostat with Suction Cup (50W)
- 🐟HITOP aquarium heater 50W, length 7.2-inch, power cord 4.9ft, designed for small fish tanks, recommended for aquariums up to 15 Gallons.
- 🐟 Thickened Glass: 2mm thickened quartz glass, 33% thicker than 1.5mm normal aquarium heaters, much safer for human and your lovely fishes, your pets will no longer fear the winter.
- 🐟Adjustable and easy to use: This aquarium heater, adjustable temperature range 68 ~ 93 °F, after setting the temp you want, will on or shut off automatically when the water temperature changes, no extra adjustment is required.
- 🐟Accurate Temperature Control: This fish tank heater built-in thermostat, will automatically keep the water at the set temperature within±2°F error. Comes with an sticker thermometer to detect water temp at any time.
- 🐟 Easier installation, you can install it with any angle by 2 powerful suction cups, just make sure it is under water fully. Besides, we provide 1 more extra suction cup for spare (total 3 PCS), and we provide 12 months warranty.
Best Aquarium Heater: The Ultimate Guide in 2022 | Fishkeeping World
Best Aquarium Heater: The Ultimate Guide in 2022 | Fishkeeping World – Do you plan on starting your own aquatic ecosystem at home? Then know the importance of heaters. Check this guide of the best aquarium heater in 2021.
Aquarium Heater Guide – Best Seller #6
Fluval M50 Submersible Heater, 50-Watt Heater for Aquariums up to 15 Gal., A781
- Aquarium heater that blends into the aquarium environment with built-in reflective technology that mirrors the surrounding colors
- Computer-calibrated thermostat and easy-to-adjust temperature control dial
- Shock resistant Borosilicate glass and high density ceramic heat sick
- Easy to install with slim profile tube for easy placement
- 50-watt heater suitable for freshwater and saltwater aquariums up to 15 gallons with a 3-year warranty
Aquarium Heater Guide (Aquarium Heater Size Chart) – Fish Laboratory Aquatics
Aquarium Heater Guide (Aquarium Heater Size Chart) – Fish Laboratory Aquatics – Maintaining proper temperature in an aquarium is very important for the well-being of your fish. An aquarium heater ensures that the water temperature is maintained…
Adjustable Aquarium Heater – Best Seller #7
NICREW Preset Aquarium Heater, Submersible Fish Tank Heater with Electronic Thermostat, 250 Watt, for 40 to 75 Gallon Tank
- Preset to 78°F – no adjustment required, electronic thermostat automatically maintains water temperature
- Made from shatter-resistant quartz glass, which helps to keep your fish and other aquarium dwellers safe
- LED indicator light displays red when actively heating off when temperature reached
- Automatic safety shut-off and overheat protection
- 250 watt heater is designed for 40 to 75 gallon aquariums
Aquarium Heater: 16 Things You Should Know (For Beginners)
Aquarium Heater: 16 Things You Should Know (For Beginners) – Aquarium heaters are essential accessories for a tank that regulates the water temperature to be habitable for fish and plants. So the question is, do fish and plants need a heater? Would tank inhabitants die without a heater? Is there a size limit to a heater and can it become too hot for a tank?
Small Aquarium Heater – Best Seller #8
HiTauing Aquarium Heater, 50W/100W/200W/300W/500W Submersible Fish Tank Heater with Over-Temperature Protection and Automatic Power-Off When Leaving Water for Saltwater and Freshwater
- 🐠【Rapid Heating and Two Temperature Control System】300W aquarium heater is sutable for 40-75 gallon fish tank and made of the most stable nickel-chromium heating wire, which can quickly and stably conduct heat to the surroundings. It has a built-in temperature control system of Fahrenheit and Celsius(Temp range: 63-94℉/17-34℃). You can press and hold the button next to the controller for 2-3 seconds to switch.
- 🐠【Intelligent Water Sensor and Over Temperature Protection】This fish tank heater has a unique intelligent temperature and water sensor system, the heater will automatically stop heating when the heater is completely out of water or it rapidly heats beyond the set temperature, the indicator light will turn green in both cases to ensure the maximum safety of you and your aquatic organisms just like protecting our own safety.
- 🐠【Explosion-proof Quartz Glass Aquarium Heater】The submersible aquarium heater is made of explosion-proof quartz glass material and a high-temperature resistant nickel-chromium heating wire with silicon carbide heat conduction, faster water heating and longer lasting. And the stronger black shell is a high temperature resistant ABS material which protect the fish, your aquatic organisms and you from scalding.
- 🐠【Accurate External Digital Display Controller】The external IC temp controller of this aquarium water heater can show the water temp with 2 red LED digits. The temperature in Fahrenheit and Celsius is displayed, which can be switched by pressing and holding the button for a few seconds. To set the temp, just press the button over and over until the screen displaying the temp you desired, the setting is done and the led shows the current water temp again.
- 🐠【Wide Range of Use】This 300 watt adjustable aquarium heater is suitable for many occasions. The fish market is a common place for us. It can maintain the freshness of fish. They are also suitable for places where aquatic life such as fish tanks, aquariums, and small fish ponds are kept. There are strong suction cups on the heater guard and the thermometer, it’s easy to install the aquarium heater no to the tank walls or bottom, please keep them fully submerged.
Aquarium Heater Size Guide
Aquarium Heater Size Guide – Learn how to calculate the right wattage for single or multiple aquarium heaters, based on the room temperature and the desired tank water temperature.
Large Aquarium Heater – Best Seller #9
Aqueon Preset Aquarium Fish Tank Heater 100 Watts
- Preset to 78°, accurate to +/- 1°
- No adjustment required
- Shatter resistant
- Fully submersible, auto shut-off when overheats, resets when cools down
- LED light turns on when aquarium water is being heated
- Ideal for aquariums up to 30 gallons
10 Best List Of Aquarium Heaters -Buy On Amazon of 2022
10 Best List Of Aquarium Heaters -Buy On Amazon of 2022 – Finding the aquarium heaters always seems to be a headache. Whether you are using it for yourself or giving it as a gift, you want one that will fulfill your expectations and even exceed them. You must be very keen when purchasing something like this because it can become quite expensive. Having said this, finding the aquarium heaters around is difficult because they might lead to the same issues.
Submersible Aquarium Heater – Best Seller #10
Fluval E300 Advanced Electronic Heater, 300-Watt Heater for Aquariums up to 100 Gal., A774
- Aquarium heater with dual temperature sensors provide accurate and real-time water temperatures
- LCD temperature display available in both Fahrenheit and Celsius; with a range of 68 to 93 degrees Fahrenheit
- Fast heat technology built with a safety shut-off and integrated fish guard to protect fish and invertebrates
- Equipped with a slim profile mounting bracket and colored display alert system
Best Aquarium Heater for 75 Gallon (2022 Review) – The Aquarium Adviser
Best Aquarium Heater for 75 Gallon (2022 Review) – The Aquarium Adviser – Thermostatic aquarium heaters keep water temperature constant by switching the heating element on and off repeatedly.
How Long Does It Take an Aquarium Heater to Heat Water?
It takes a fair amount of time for an aquarium heater to heat water. On average, it takes 20-40 minutes for a heater to thoroughly warm up the water in a fish tank. The larger the tank, the longer it will take to heat up. It’s important to have patience when heating your tank, as rushing the process can be dangerous for your fish. Allow the heater to run its course and slowly increase the water’s temperature over several hours. Doing so will help ensure the safety of your fish and maintain a healthy aquarium environment.
How to Tell if My Aquarium Heater is Submersible?
You will need to check the manufacturer’s instructions to know if your aquarium heater is submersible. Most submersible heaters will have a watertight seal that prevents water from entering the heating element. If there is no watertight seal, then the heater is not submersible. Additionally, you can check to see if the heater has a thermal cut-off switch. This switch will automatically turn the heater off if it gets too hot, which prevents it from melting or catching fire. Finally, submersible heaters will usually have a higher wattage than non-submersible heaters. This is because they need to be able to heat a larger volume of water.
How Much Electricity Does an Aquarium Heater Use?
The average aquarium heater uses between 2 and 10 watts of electricity. The amount of electricity your aquarium heater uses will depend on the size and type of heater you have. If you have a small aquarium, you can expect your heater to use less electricity than a large aquarium. The type of heater you have will also affect how much electricity it uses. Some heaters are more energy-efficient than others.
If you’re wondering how much your aquarium heater will cost you in terms of your monthly electric bill, it’s hard to say without knowing the specifics of your situation. The size of your aquarium, the type of heater you have, and the temperature you keep your aquarium at will all play a role in determining the cost. However, as a general rule of thumb, you can expect your aquarium heater to add about $10 to your monthly electric bill.
Which Aquarium Heater is Best?
There are many factors to consider when choosing an aquarium heater. The most important considerations include the size of your aquarium, your fish type, and your budget.
You may not need a very powerful heater if you have a small aquarium. A smaller aquarium heater will be less expensive and take up less space. However, ensuring that the heater you choose can maintain the proper temperature for your fish is important.
If you have a large aquarium, you will need a more powerful heater. A larger aquarium heater will be more expensive, but it can maintain the proper temperature for your fish.
The type of fish you have will also affect the type of heater you need. You will need a heater to maintain a warm temperature if you have tropical fish. You will need a heater to maintain a cool temperature if you have cold water fish.
Finally, you need to consider your budget when choosing an aquarium heater. Heaters range in price from very affordable to very expensive. It would be best to decide how much you will spend on an aquarium heater before you start shopping.
Considering these factors, you can narrow your choices and find the best aquarium heater for your needs.
Where Should I Put The Heater in My Aquarium?
There are a few things to consider when placing your aquarium heater. First, you’ll want to ensure the heater is not close to any air vents or other draft sources. Second, you’ll want to place the heater near the center of the aquarium so that the heat can be evenly distributed throughout the tank. Lastly, it’s crucial to have a thermometer in the aquarium to monitor the water temperature and ensure the heater is working correctly. Following these simple tips ensures that your fish will stay happy and healthy in their new home.
How Can I Keep My Aquarium Warm Without a Heater?
There are a few different ways that you can keep your aquarium warm without using a heater. One way is to place your aquarium in a sunny spot in your home. Another way is to use a heat lamp to warm your fish. You can also purchase an aquarium blanket or cover to help insulate the tank and retain heat.
What Size Heater Do I Need For a 30 Gallon Aquarium?
This is a common question that people have when they are setting up their aquarium. The answer can vary depending on several factors, but there are some general guidelines you can follow.
First, you must determine the minimum temperature your fish can tolerate. This information can be found on the back of the fish food bag or in a fish care book. Once you know this, you can select a heater to maintain the water at this temperature.
Next, you need to consider the wattage of the heater. A good rule of thumb is to use a heater with a wattage twice the size of your aquarium. So, for a 30-gallon aquarium, you would need a 60-watt heater.
Finally, you need to consider the type of heater you want to use. There are two main types of heaters: submersible and non-submersible. Submersible heaters are submerged in the water and are more efficient at heating the water. Non-submersible heaters are placed outside of the aquarium and can be less efficient.
Now that you know the basics of choosing a heater for your aquarium, you can select the one that is right for your needs.
Originally a dentist, Anna Strout has written for three years for pet and animal publications. Anna is also a historian who studies dog breed progression throughout the world, dabbles in animal law issues, and collects dog tales while traveling across the country with her husband and German Shepherd Dog, Luna. Anna kicks dust up dancing with Luna at home in Houston, Texas, where she teaches her obedience and tricks.