With age, not just humans but even cats start showing signs of getting weaker, and health conditions are among the most common ways to manifest that.
Weak joints are just one of the many health problems that can give your pawed friend a tough time. That is why providing the right joint supplements for cats will be crucial for your fluffy felines.
The right supplements starting from the right time can alleviate health issues and prevent the problems from emerging entirely.
Fortunately, many companies manufacture products ensuring the specific and holistic wellbeing of the cats without impacting their lives.
How to Know If Your Cat Has Any Joint Issue
Arthritis is one of the most common joint problems that a cat can have. Research shows that 20% of the cat community has a risk of developing this condition. This worsens further as the cat gets older.
Signs of Joint Issues in Cats
- Your cat gets less active
- Your cat sleeps much more than usual
- Your cat changes its urination behavior
- Your pet gets disinterested in grooming itself
If you have noticed that the cat lies down and sleeps more, it can also be a tell-tale sign of a joint issue.
What to Expect from the Joint Supplements for Cats?
It is not possible to stop arthritis amongst the cats even after having the best supplements. However, these supplements can ameliorate the condition to a great extent without affecting the diet or lifestyle of the cat.
The joint supplements for cats can come in various forms like oils, powder, capsules, or drops sprinkled on the food.
The kind you select will depend on the cat’s preference, how they ingest food, and the type of sensitivities they have on the food.
The joint supplements are far better than the anti-arthritic drugs that come with side-effects.
The nutritional supplements can decrease the discomfort and pain associated with arthritis. This functions in 3 ways –
- Structural Support (Chondroitin and Glucosamine)
- Anti-inflammatory Support (Omega Oil)
- Adjunctive Herbal Support ( e.g., Curcumin)
How Can You Choose the Best Joint Supplement for Your Cat?
Here are some tips for selecting the right supplement for your cat.
- The product must state the amount of every ingredient in it; otherwise, it will be ineffective.
- You need to do some trial and error to see which one really suits your pet. Observe after trying a couple of types with your pet.
- Stick to the dosages recommended on the pack or by the vet.
- Remember that just pricey products are not always the best option. Do the research and consider the cost per day to know the best option for you.
- You should check the flavor of chew options if your cat has a food allergy to avoid reactions.
- Many products are available off-label for cats, so you need to consider those at the time of buying.
These will help you choose joint supplements for cats. These are bound to help your pawed friends live in a healthy way and alleviate joint pain issues as much as possible.