The many health benefits of regular consumption of probiotics (the “good” bacteria or beneficial bacteria) in humans are well known. Many people take daily probiotic supplementation or eat active yeast yogurt to help stabilize their intestinal flora and help support their natural defenses. Doctors can also prescribe probiotics simultaneously with antibiotics to promote the decolonization of the intestines by “good” bacteria that can be destroyed by antibiotics.
Good news: now, probiotics are also available for your cats. They not only offer the same health benefits as humans, but can also help manage or minimize digestive disorders caused by an unbalanced intestinal flora. Such disorders can be caused by some typical cat behaviors such as eating anything, the kittens’ tendency to explore the world with their snouts, and many others as part of their daily lives. Such as stressful or arousing occasions, age-related causes, use of antibiotics or simply diet changes.
How can probiotics help your pet?
The intestines of cats harbor several billion bacteria, thousands of different types (or strains) and categorized as “good” bacteria (lactobacilli and bifidobacteria) or potentially harmful bacteria. It is normal that the intestines also contain “bad” but the goal is to help maintain an optimal balance between “good” and “bad”. While “good” bacteria help promote digestion and intestinal balance, most “bad” bacteria can cause digestive disorders. The use of a supplement containing “good” living bacteria helps to maintain this optimal balance.
All probiotics are not the same
Currently, the consumption of yogurts or drinks and dairy foods is the most common way of ingesting probiotics for humans. However, in most cats, dairy products can cause digestive disorders related to lactose intolerance. Yogurt is not ideal for your pet! For animals, as for humans, cat probiotics must be protected as they pass through the stomach in order to get alive in the intestinal tract, otherwise they would not be effective.
- Tips For Buying a Persian Cat
- 3 Original Toy Ideas to Make For Your Cat
- 5 Tips to Make Eating a Difficult Cat
- Useful Cat Furniture And Designs
- 5 Tips to Encourage Your Cat to Eat
- Which Kibble Distributor For Cat to Choose?
- How to Feed Your Cat Following His Carnivorous Nature?
- How to Know if You Are a True Lover of Cats
- The Grooming of The Persian Cat
- Understand Your Cat And Know What Your Cat Wants
- Eight Tips For The Care of Pets Around The Holidays
- 10 Fruits & Veggies That Are Safe & Healthy For Your Cat
- Your Kitten’s First Year
- Keep Your Cat’s Brain Healthy
- How Safe is Catnip For Your Cat.|Cat Health
- The Best Podcasts For Dog And Cat People
- What Should You Pack When Traveling With Your Cat?
- How Shelters Prepare Your Cat For Adoption
- Is Your Cat Limping? This is Probably Why
- Avoid Making These Cat Food Mistakes Right Now