Blue Buffalo and Royal Canin both provide roughly the same amount of crude fat. For wet dog foods, Blue Buffalo provides more fat (about 6.00% more). There is a small difference between the fiber content of Blue Buffalo and Royal Canin. We can see that Blue Buffalo guarantees about 2.08% more fiber than Royal Canin.
Royal Canin vs. Blue Buffalo – Which Dog Food … Blue Buffalo is the overall winner; it is well priced and available at far more retailers than Royal Canin.Although Royal Canin won the variety category, Blue Buffalo still has more options than many other dog food lines. However, there are few other situations I felt it is worth mentioning that one food would be more optimal than the other:
- Royal Canin small adult dry dog food (formerly Mini Adult) is precise nutrition specifically made for small dogs 10 months to 8 years old weighing 9–22 pounds
- Meets the high energy needs of small dogs while helping maintain a healthy weight with L-carnitine
- Supports skin and coat health with optimal levels of fatty acids like EPA and DHA
- Exclusive small, highly palatable kibble adapted for miniature jaws
- Satisfies the fussy appetites of small dogs with enhanced palatability
Royal Canin is all for science in creating their food while Blue Buffalo takes a bit more natural approach. They achieve the same thing, though some people prefer one over the other. Make sure to get to know their ways well before you make up your mind. Both brands offer dry and wet food as well as treats.
Many of Blue Buffalo recipes have also been enhanced with probiotics to improve digestive health. Royal Canin is a chicken and grain focused food. Though it lacks in protein variety, it does contain essential ingredients such as beet pulp, fish oil, and glucosamine.
- Royal Canin medium adult dry dog food is precise nutrition specifically made for dogs 1–7 years old weighing 23–55 pounds
- Supports natural defenses for immune support with a blend of antioxidants and prebiotics
- Maintains healthy skin and coat health with optimal levels of EPA and DHA
- Promotes healthy digestion with easy-to-digest proteins and a balanced supply of fiber
- Exclusive kibble design encourages chewing and has a palatability dogs love
Royal Canin vs. Blue Buffalo | Pet Food Brand Comparison … Our analysis shows that Blue Buffalo guarantees 4.25% more protein than Royal Canin dry cat food recipes.In addition, Royal Canin wet cat foods also provide more protein than Blue Buffalo wet foods.Crude Fat Comparison For Cat Food There are many ways in which dietary fat contributes to the overall health of our feline friends.
Royal Canin and Blue Buffalo have had their positives and negatives since they were established, but both are striving to provide the essential nutritional content that domesticated pets need. Royal Canin focuses on using by-product meals, grains, and added anti-oxidants specifically tailored towards different pet sizes, breeds, and health conditions so that there is a diet for every pet regardless of their issues.
- PACKED WITH REAL CHICKEN: Made to feed your feline’s wild side, this high protein cat food is packed with more of the chicken cats crave to help build and maintain lean muscle mass
- GRAIN FREE INDOOR CAT FOOD: BLUE Wilderness grain free indoor cat food is specially formulated to help meet the unique needs of indoor cats to support healthy weight and healthy digestion without the grains that contain gluten
- WITH LIFESOURCE BITS: This formula contains BLUE’s exclusive LifeSource Bits – a precise blend of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals to support immune system health, life stage requirements, and a healthy oxidative balance
- NATURAL CAT FOOD: BLUE dry cat food features the finest natural ingredients enhanced with vitamins and minerals It never contains chicken (or poultry) by-product meals, corn, wheat, soy, artificial flavors or preservatives
- Contains one (1) 11-lb bag of BLUE Wilderness High Protein, Natural Adult Indoor Dry Cat Food, Chicken
Unique Pros Of The Blue Buffalo 1. In both wet and dry dog foods, Blue Buffalo is known to contain more crude protein than Royal Canin foods. And, as you must know, protein is very essential in your dog’s diet.
Royal Canin is more expensive than Blue Buffalo, whereas Royal Canin is still considered as one of the cheapest brands in the market. Which of the products has more flavors? Cumulatively, Blue buffalo has 339 varieties of wet and dry food for both dogs and cats as well as treats whereas Royal Canin has 266 flavors. Which brand has more recalls?
- Royal Canin Yorkshire Terrier Puppy dry dog food is designed to meet the nutritional needs of purebred Yorkshire Terriers 8 weeks to 10 months old
- Exclusive kibble shape designed specifically for a Yorkshire Terrier’s small muzzle and bite
- Helps protect a puppy’s developing immune system and natural defenses with an exclusive complex of antioxidants including vitamin E
- Supports Yorkie puppies’ growing long hair with a combination of omega-3 fatty acids, omega-6 fatty acids, and biotin
- Helps promote optimal stool quality with high-quality proteins and prebiotics for digestive health
12/05/2012 · Blue has better ingredients, but Royal Canin has a better nutrient profile. I would rather use a food that has both. Neither Blue or Royal Canin will do much for bloat since you need to lower your…
23/06/2013 · I think most people here will say to avoid Royal Canin like the plauge; very expensive food and not a high quality. Blue Wilderness is the only good Blue food, drop the other two if you’re planning on feeding your cat this brand.
- Royal Canin Labrador Retriever Adult dry dog food is designed to meet the nutritional needs of purebred Labrador Retrievers 15 months and older
- Exclusive donut-shaped kibble designed specifically to help large breed Labrador Retrievers chew and eat food slowly
- Helps maintain ideal weight with precise calorie and fat content tailored for the Labrador Retriever breed
- Supports bone & joint health with EPA, DHA, and glucosamine to support large, strong bodies
- Reinforces the skin barrier with essential nutrients to support healthy skin and dense undercoats
- Included Components: Royal Canin Breed Health Nutrition Labrador Retriever (30 Lb)
I don’t personally recommend Blue Buffalos to any clients/family because Blue Buffalo / Diamond is notorious for having recalls and unsanitary processing facilities. Albert L. ( 2018-01-14 12:55:33 -0500 ) edit
22/06/2012 · Royal Canin vs Blue Buffalo. Hi all. Charlie is now 8mnths old. I’ve had him on Science Diet Puppy, but realize it’s full of junk and fillers. These are the two brands I was looking into. Royal Canin Yorkie Puppy vs. any of the Blue Buffalo for Small Breeds Puppy. The Royal Canin seems like it has a little more benefits towards yorkies with the shape of the kibble to clean teeth and ingredients …
- Helps reduce skin and GI reactions that may be a result of sensitivities to common proteins found in pet foods
- Helps minimize risk of reaction with proteins that are broken down to a size that’s less likely to be recognized by the immune system
- Promotes a urinary environment unfavorable to the development of both struvite and calcium oxalate crystals
22/06/2008 · Blue buffalo is the best out of the bunch that you’ve mentioned. Peukanuba is a pretty bad food, but not as bad as some (such as Alpo). Royal Canin is good as well, but not my top choice. I feed…
First off, nutritionally speaking, and I say this as a veterinary technician who has specialized in veterinary nutrition for over 20 years, there is NOTHING biologically inapporopriate about corn in pet foods, particularly corn and corn gluten mea…
- Royal Canin large adult dry dog food (formerly Maxi Adult) is precise nutrition specifically made for large dogs 15 months to 5 years old weighing 56–100 pounds
- Promotes healthy digestion with easy-to-digest high-quality proteins and a balanced supply of fiber
- Helps support bones and joint health in large breed dogs
- Nourishes healthy skin and coat with EPA and DHA
- Exclusive large-sized kibble design is highly palatable
Crude Protein Comparison For Dog Food. Protein is an extremely important part of your dog’s diet. Without sufficient protein, dogs can develop a wide-range of serious health problems.. Merrick dry dog foods clearly provides more protein than Royal Canin.In fact, the difference between the protein content is roughly 9.21%, which is a significant amount.For wet dog foods, Merrick provides more protein …
31/03/2014 · Any food if better than food. Blue Buffalo seems to ignore (or wants us to ignore) that they are now one of the big name brands themselves. Too many loopholes are allowed in the labeling of pet “foods.” Reply. MaryTX. March 31, 2014 at 9:01 pm Two of my cats lived to 14 and 15 years respectively on Science Diet, however, both suffered from diabetes, dehydration and strokes in their last year in …
- Royal Canin Giant Junior dry dog food is tailor-made for puppies between 8 and 18-24 months with an expected adult weight of over 100 lbs
- Meets the nutritional needs of extra-large puppies in their second growth stage (after 8 months)
- Supports muscle development with adapted protein levels; is enriched with L-carnitine
- Promotes healthy bones and joints through an adapted energy intake and balanced mineral content
- Aids developing immune systems and digestive health with an exclusive blend of antioxidants and prebiotics
Hill’s Science Diet provides more fat than Royal Canin across all foods except for dry dog foods where it offers 0.6% less fat than the Royal Canin dry dog foods. Fibre Content. The Royal Canin brand provides significantly high amounts of fibre compared to the Hill’s Science Diet brand.
28/02/2019 · The Blue Buffalo brand uses real ingredients such as fish, chicken, and lamb along with whole grains, fruit, and fresh vegetables. Blue Buffalo Consumer Reviews . in 2017 Blue Buffalo issued a voluntary recall of a single product due to “elevated levels of naturally-occurring beef thyroid hormones”. However there have been no complaints resulting from consumption of the product (Red Meat Dinner …
- Canine nutrition you can see and smell; canine health is a base mix used to effortlessly create balanced, homemade meals for your dog–known to improve your dog’s kidney health
- 100% human-grade dog food packed with real food including 9 dehydrated vegetables, crushed eggshells, and 6 organic grains without preservatives, dyes, chemicals, and fillers
- Homemade dog food made easy; preparing canine health only takes minutes, simply rehydrate with hot water and add your own raw meat–top off with Dr. Harvey’s Fish Oil for Dogs and Dr. Harvey’s Kidney Health Supplement for a complete meal
- Feeding your dog real, nutrient-dense whole foods has been shown to improve your dog’s digestion, increase energy, a shinier coat, less itchy skin, and less smelly stools
- This 5 pound bag of dehydrated whole foods makes 33, one pound finished meals for your dog
Blue Buffalo Basics is a very popular option on the higher end of the price range. It’s in the top 3 bestselling dog food formulas and has quite a few popular alternatives in the same price range, such as Purina Beneful Originals or Diamond Naturals Adult Real Meat. Blue Buffalo Basics is $24.50 more expensive than the average dog food ($17.39).
Moreover, wet cat food products from Iams provide more fiber than the wet foods from the Blue Buffalo brand. Crude Protein Comparison for Cat Food. Protein is an extremely crucial part of a cat’s diet and must therefore not be taken for granted. Felines can develop a wide variety of severe health problems if their food is not loaded with sufficient protein. The difference between the crude protein present in …
- Royal Canin Boxer Adult dry dog food is designed to meet the nutritional needs of purebred Boxers 15 months and older
- Exclusive tailor-made kibble design helps Boxers easily pick up and chew their food
- Maintains a Boxer’s powerful muscles and low body fat with precise protein content and L-carnitine
- Promotes cardiac health with specific nutrients including taurine, EPA, and DHA
- Breed-specific formula features antioxidant complex for cellular health and optimal nutrient absorption
10/08/2020 · Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Renal Support D Canned Food Kidney health is closely related to urinary health and many dogs who develop bladder stones are also at risk for kidney stones. If you’re concerned about your dog’s kidney health and want to reduce the risk of formation for any kind of stone, consider this Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Renal Support D Canned Food.
After much research, I am here to share my findings of which premium meal brand is the better on the market, Blue Buffalo vs.Wellness Dog Food. Contents. 1 Wellness vs. Blue Buffalo Wilderness; 2 Blue Buffalo Overview; 3 Similarities; 4 Differences in Blue Buffalo and Wellness. 4.1 Protein; 4.2 Fat; 4.3 Fiber; 5 Recall History; 6 Which One Should I Get? Wellness vs. Blue Buffalo Wilderness . Wellness …
18/04/2018 · Royal canin made their foods with different ingredients depends on the food variant and dog’s characteristic, such as breed and the size. In this article we are going to pick only one product as the sample, which is the most popular variant, which is the Royal Canin Medium Adult dry dog food. This food is designed for medium dogs that are famous for their energy and was known as working dogs. …
Royal Canin has not improved much though. It’s expensive and not worth what pet owners are paying for it when much better pet foods are available. Here’s why. The ingredient list for Royal Canin Labrador Retriever dog food is as follows pulled off their website this day. INGREDIENTS Chicken by-product meal, corn gluten meal, brown rice, oat groats, brewers rice, barley, natural flavors, chicken fat, dried …
31/05/2018 · Royal Canin is a brand of dog and cat food that was manufactured by Royal Canin, which is formerly a French company but now it is owned by Mars, Inc. that also have several other popular dog food brands namely, Nutro and Pedigree. This brand is popular among pet owner because they are known to conduct their own researches to formulate their foods, so their products can meets every …
While Blue Buffalo still has quite a lot to offer, and is probably better than most dog foods out there, it is pretty hard to match the all-natural goodness of Orijen’s high-quality meat-based product. CLICK HERE TO KNOW MORE. Author. Paul Curran . Paul is an entrepreneur and marketer for the pet industry who works out of Chicago. He teaches people how to break free of the 9-to-5 grind by blogging for a living. …
27/08/2018 · 4Health Dog Food vs Blue Buffalo. It is difficult to choose between 4Health Dog Food and Blue Buffalo Dog Food. Both these top dog food brands rely on the most beautiful natural ingredients and offer a wide range of dog food formulas ideal for different dog breeds, age, and body type. 4Health dog food is a bit on the expensive side compared to the Blue Buffalo dog food. Also, the significant …