Rabbit Hutch Size. For one or two compatible rabbits each <4.5lb (<2kg) in body weight, new accommodation must be at least 3 x 1 x 1m (L x W x H), which comprises of an exercise area and a sleeping area. The sleeping area must be 1 x 1m (L x W) and at least 0.75m high (or 1.25m if open above). The rabbits must have permanent access to all areas of the accommodation.
To meet the welfare needs of a compatible pair of medium-sized rabbits living together, the research found they needed a living area of at least three metres by two metres, and one metre high. (10′ x 6′ x 3′) Note that 3m is 9.84 feet so is rounded up
GUTINNEEN Rabbit Cage Indoor Rabbit Hutch Bunny Hutch Outdoor, Guinea Pig Cages with Removable Bottom Wire Netting – Easy Clean
- This rabbit hutch come with REMOVABLE wire netting above the bottom tray that make clean super easy.
- The tray is deeper than before and won’t leak off. Any problem with removable tray, We are pleased to send you free replacement.
- Made of natural fir wood and painted with eco-friendly waterproof non-toxic varnish.
- Four casters and two of them are brake to move and fix the rabbit cage easily as your wish.
- Easy to assemble with pre-drilled holes; If there any damage, our customer service will get back to you within 24 hours.
The minimum hutch size acceptable is 6ft long x 2ft deep and 2ft high (182cm x 60cms x 76cm). The floor space of the run should be at least 18 square feet (such as 6ft x 3ft). Not everyone has a hutch and run to keep their rabbits. If you feel you have an equally …
01.07.2010 · The main RSPCA site has a pdf leaflet on rabbit care which can be downloaded – its states – 180cm length x 90 cm width x70cm height for 2 rabbits 21-01-2009, 09:26 PM #9
- ★Well Designed: Various accommodating functions are waiting for your bunny pet or poultry. The small wooden house on the top (including a lockable metal bolted door and a lockable wooden bolted door, allows you to better observe the pet’s activities. And the another side-door is connected with a ramp) which can provide a shelter for your pet during the day or night. Grid fences ensure proper ventilation and air circulation.
- ★Pull-out Tray: The 3 removable pull-out trays (not leak) between two floors makes cleaning and maintenance easier, while also providing a clean and healthy environment for bunnies.
- ★Sturdy & Secure: The rabbit cage has a galvanized wire fence attached, so that your animals have enough space to move without worrying about predators. Safety features include the lockable metal bolted door and galvanized steel wire run to protect your animals.
- ★Potable & Easy to Move: The design with 6 brake wheels makes the rabbit cage easier to move, allowing you to change the breeding place as you like according to your needs. Placing the rabbit hutch in different place can also make pets happier and more active.
- ★Easy to Assemble & Customer Service: Easy to assemble with tool and detailed instruction. You can also use your own suitable tool to install it to make it easier. If there is any missing parts or quality problem, please contact with us firstly, we will reply you with 24 hours and try our best to provide a satisfactory solution for you.
The RWA (UK) recommend a minimum hutch size of 6′ x 2′ x 2′ with the addition of an exercise run of 8’x4′ to meet the duty of care requirements under the Animal Welfare Act. The RSPCA are currently gathering evidence and will present guidelines in 2014.
08.12.2008 · Hutches should be a minimum of 6 x 2 x 2 feet – ideally with an attached run to allow the rabbits to exercise. Runs should be a minimum of 6 x 4 x 4.
Upgrade Rabbit Hutch Rabbit Cage Indoor Bunny Hutch with Run Outdoor Rabbit House with Two Deeper No Leak Trays – 4 Casters Include (Grey)
- ★ Invincible upgrade in 2020! As the original design supplier, we are fine with the competitors to plagiarize! But Please Do Keep the Every Professional Details Not Only the Outside Shape!
- ★ COMPARISON 1-OURS: Extra Metal Wire Netting(removable) above the bottom tray so bunny will not standing on their poop. Super easy to clean your rabbit house. OTHERS: NONE
- ★ COMPARISON 2-OURS: 1.8” depth thicker plastic no leak tray. OTHERS: 1.4” depth cheap plywood/metal tray that will leak and plywood will easy go mouldy.
- ★ COMPARISON 3-OURS: Extra SLIDING DOOR can be open/close to separate the up & down area. OTHERS: No sliding door at all ! Bunny will mess up and makes clean difficult.
- ★ COMPARISON 4-OURS: Stronger stainless steel casters & exclusive latches & high quality metal open roof hinge for longer usage. OTHERS: Much cheaper small plastic casters, wood latches & wood hinge which are easy to broken.
The RPSCA and The Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund (RWAF) minimum size for a pair of rabbits is 60sq foot of space. This equates to a 6′ x 2′ hutch attached to an 8′ x 6′ run, but you can provide this is any number of ways. The photo shows 60 sq ft kennel style housing.
10.03.2011 · Rspca Rabbit Hutch. Source(s): https://shrinkurl.im/a0PLc. 0 0. Anonymous. 5 years ago. This Site Might Help You. RE: What are RSPCA guideline on Rabbit hutches? I have a 48" W x 24" D x 38" 1200 x 590 x 960 mm . Is this Ok for two medium size bunni rabbits on RSPCA guide lines . I would like to adopt 2 rabbits from my local RSPCA will they let me. I dont have any other rabbits …
GUTINNEEN Rabbit Hutch Bunny Hutch, Two Story Rabbit Cage with Wheels for Small Animals Indoor & Outdoor -Removable Bottom Wire Netting
- ★ Latest Upgrade Rabbit Hutch: Extra Metal Wire Netting above the bottom tray so bunny will not standing on their poop. Super easy to clean your rabbit cage.
- ★ Rabbit cage with TWO DEPPER NO LEAK TRAYS. Unlike cheap plywood/metal tray, quality plastic trays will never leak or go mouldy.
- ★ [Strengthen Construction]: 4 Casters to move the bunny hutch easily and quickly. Two of them are brakes to stay well and safe.
- ★ Large Two-Layer rabbit hutch with run for 1-2 rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters and other small animals, no weight limit.
- ★ Waterproof bunny cage with 3 access doors and ramp, perfect for both Indoor & Outdoor Use. FREE rabbit chewing toy & metal feeder include
If boarding, keep grouped rabbits together and take familiar items (e.g. toys). Transport rabbits in a comfortable and safe manner. Put familiar smelling items in carriers/new environments to help them feel at ease. See Transporting rabbits (PDF 458KB). The size/temperature of anywhere they’re left (including vehicles) needs to be appropriate.
Rabbit’s come in a variety of breeds, shapes and sizes and each bunny has there own unique personality. Typically they’ll live for 8 – 12 years, but some may live for longer. Take a look around at our rabbit care advice to find out how to keep your bunnies happy and healthy.
Aivituvin Rabbit Hutch Bunny Hutch Large Rabbit Cage, Indoor Bunny Cage Outdoor Rabbit House (Style2)
- ★The Newest Improvement: This extra-large rabbit hutch is upgrade with extra REMOVABLE PVC Bottom Layer for easier clean if use indoor.
- ★ Rabbit Cage with DEEPER pull out tray that won’t leak off. Special design higher quality latches for longer usage and stopping predators.
- ★ Weather resistant material: The bunny hutch with asphalt roof features waterproof and anti-UV material for enhanced weather protection and is designed to repel rain.
- ★ This outdoor rabbit home comes with four access doors and two ramps, providing 9.5 ft² large safety activity space for your lovely bunnies.
- ★ Heavy duty galvanized wire fencing outdoor run area provides your chicken a bright and spacious accommodation.
The RSPCA rabbit hutch size recommendation is even larger: at least three metres long by one metre wide by one metre high. Does that sound like a lot? It isn’t. These minimums will allow a rabbit to jump, run, stand, and turn around, but your rabbit needs more than that. In addition to the hutch, your rabbit needs outdoor access, and that means a run. No, a hutch alone isn’t enough. But it …
17.11.2010 · Many of the hutches you have for sale are around the 3 to 4 foot mark – 90cm or 120cm. However the RSPCA states that 5 foot should be a minimum 150cm for 1 small rabbit. As rabbits are sociable creatures a pair of rabbits should have accommodation at lest 6 …
Kinpaw 53” Rabbit Hutch Bunny Cage Outdoor Chicken Coop Backyard Small Animal House Poultry for Guinea Pig Duck with Removable Tray & Ramp Coffee
Durable Structure: There is no more worry about the safety of your animals with this tough cage. This sturdy animal shelter is constructed of a solid fir wood that will keep your animals safely sheltered and keep your cage durable for years of use. Removable Tray: The removable tray is equipped under nesting box. 2 handles design with smooth galvanized surface make clean-up quicker and easier and create a your pet a more comfortable experience to live in. Comfort Living Experience: The bunny hutch provides a comfortable living environment for your animals requires regular maintenance of their living space. A sliding door ramp also allows rabbits to easily enter the raised housing area. The raised nesting box keep your poultry safe, dry and warm when they are sleeping inside. Wire Fence&Asphalt Roof: Our wooden chicken coop is enclosed with a sturdy metal wire fencing to protect your poultry from the outside predators. With the waterproof roof your poultry can run outside even in rainy days. Easy Maintenance: The outdoor hen coop is designed with built-in lockable door, thus you will easily be able to access any part of this bunny cage, making it easy for you to keep small animals and maintain daily care.
The RSPCA and RWA (UK) recommend a minimum hutch size of 6′ x 2′ x 2′ (see size guide). These are for average size pet rabbits. Larger rabbit breeds will need much larger hutches, a rabbit shed may be more appropriate. In addition to a hutch, a rabbit needs a minimum of several hours exercise a day in a larger area such as a rabbit run or room indoors. Attaching the hutch to the run is a great solution as it …
The UK’s RWAF as well as PDSA “think the minimum set up for rabbits is a 6 x 2 x 2 ft hutch” with at least an 8ft long playing area (typically 8×4 ft and as high as your cage). Here are typical dimensions. Length . The length should allow the rabbit to make about three to four hops. This will be about 6 ft, for a medium-sized bunny. Width
Aivituvin Rabbit Hutch Indoor and Outdoor 62″ Bunny Cage on Wheels with 3 Deep No Leakage Pull Out Tray,Waterproof Roof (Grey)
- ★ Rabbit hutch with 3 DEEP removable pull out tray ! NOT LEAK! Better plastic quality, easy to clean !
- ★Chicken coop on 6 wheels easily to move.2 of them are locking wheel to fix well and safe.
- ★Large open roof cage for bunny,3big front doors, middle sliding out access door for easy catching every side.
- ★ Waterproof Asphalt roof ! Rabbit house perfect for 1-2 bunnies and other small animals,no weight limit.
- ★ Large guinea pig cage added Metal feeder and chewing Toy as a special gifts.
Here is how you can meet your rabbits’ welfare needs. A hutch 1.2m long, and 0.45m (which is a fairly common size found in pet shops of 4ft x 1.5ft) wide gives a floor area of 0.54m2. Did you know that this size is the Home Office minimum requirement for laboratory rabbits? With that in mind we don’t think that it’s too much to ask that retailers and owners don’t sell or buy anything of this size or smaller for their …
27.03.2020 · What Size Rabbit Hutch Do I Need? … The RSPCA generally recommends that the minimum size of your hutch should be as follows: The weight of your rabbit plays into account—the total square feet should equate to the pounds of your rabbit. The height of your hutch should be tall enough for your rabbit to be able to stand up without its ears touching the roof. If you plan on or already have …
LINLUX 58 Inches Large Wooden Bunny Rabbit Hutch with 3 Removable Trays, Elevated Restroom & Ramp, Garden Chicken Pet Coop Hen House, Outdoor
- STURDY CONSTRUCTION – Constructed with natural fir wood to achieve stability and durability. Painted with eco-friendly and non-toxic varnish, provide a comfortable house for your pets. The whole cage is weatherproof and anti-corrosion for long lasting service life.
- RAISED SPACIOUS RESTING ROOM – The raised resting room connected with a stable ramp, allows your small pets easily enter the resting area. The main house designed with a ventilated mesh door to offer a safe and warm private shelter to your beloved pets.
- VENTILATED ACTIVITY AREA – Heavy duty galvanized mesh outdoor activity area provides your poultry a bright and spacious exercise space, protects them from outside predators.
- 3 REMOVABLE TRAYS – There are 3 removable trays at the bottom of the resting area and activity area, these quality plastic trays are not leak or rust, easy to slide out for cleaning to ensure a neat regularly. Ideal for outdoors.
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE – With the step-by-step instructions and pre-drilled holes, you can easily put the whole piece together. Overall size is 58’’ L x 18’’ W x 37’’ H.
Our recommendations are based on research, where it exists. One thing that all welfare organisations agree on is that A Hutch Is Not Enough. We recommend a minimum enclosure size of area of 3m x 2m x 1m high for a pair of average sized rabbits, regardless if they live indoors or outside.
The rabbit hutch should be at least 3 square metres (3m x 3m), with enough room for the bunny to stand up on its hind legs. The hutch should have a hiding area with lots of clean bedding straw to keep your bunny comfortable.
Aivituvin Rabbit Hutch Outdoor Large, Rabbit Cage Indoor Bunny Hutch Bunny Cage with Wheels -Upgrade Removable Wire Rack
- ★ Latest Upgrade Rabbit Hutch: Extra REMOVABLE Metal Wire Netting above the bottom tray so bunny will not standing on their poop and keep your rabbit safe when pulling out the tray.
- ★ The rabbit cage comes with four wheels to move easily and quickly. Two of them are lockable to hold it in place.
- ★ Indoor bunny hutch with two pull out trays are awesome and plenty deep to catch all the waste debris.
- ★ A relatively affordable rabbit hutch that was easy to assemble and provides a good deal of space for one or two rabbits.It has 3 openings with good latches.
- ★ Weatherproof roof make the bunny cage prefect for Indoor & Outdoor use. FREE rabbit chewing toy & metal feeder include.Happy Bunny Life!
Most experts recommend each bunny in a rabbit hutch have at least 32 square feet to themselves to enjoy. If multiple rabbits are kept in the same hutch, each rabbit should have at least 32 square feet … Our rabbit run future chicken coop area | Diana Elizabeth
Below is some approved rabbit accomodation and as you can see many of you may already have it!! The accommodation makes use of sheds and wendy houses. There is also an example of a purchased hutch and run. Remember that rabbits spend part of their time stood on their back legs and so height is essential. They also like to run, play and dig so that the more that you can give them the better and …
COZIWOW Indoor Outdoor Rabbit Hutch,Small Animal Houses & Habitats,Rolling Large Bunny Cage with Removable Tray, Two Story Guinea Pig Hamster Hutch
- [Excellent Indoor & Outdoor]: The best gift for your little ones this winter, a cozy, warm place to live, and a nice playground! This cabin provides plenty of space to move and relax, while being space efficient enough to keep in your home indoor in this cold weather. Also serves as a resting hut for your small ones during summer outdoor activities.
- [Roomy for All small animals]: The bunny hutch measures 35.4” X 20.9” X 21.3” is large enough for 1-2 rabbits, guinea pigs, hedgehog,hamsters and other small animals. A small animal condos with outdoor playground on the first floor and a viewing platform on the second floor connected by a ramp. This small apartment provides enough room for pets to move around as well as rest.
- [Sturdy Material & Coating]: Made from fir wood and coated in waterproof paint, this cute hutch is worth considering if you want to give your rabbit a chance to experience nature. There’s a shelter where your bunny can enjoy exploring under fresh air, plus wire fencing that keeps predators out but also allows ample ventilation.
- [Easy to clean]: At the bottom of the enclosure are one large pull-out sliding tray that help provide a comfortable and hygienic environment. The trays are made of high hardness plastic and only need to be cleaned with water. An openable roof and removable side panel for easily cleaning and feeding.
- [Quality Assurance]: COZIWOW is committed to product quality, and we promise 100% quality assurance for products for 1 year, just to give you the best products and services. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Many hutches marketed for rabbits are too small, these active and inquisitive animals need plenty of space. Your rabbits’ enclosure should be as large as possible but the minimum size for a rabbit enclosure for two rabbits should be 3m (length) x 1.5m (width) x 1m (height) as recommended by the Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund.
19.03.2020 · What Is The Recommended Miniumum Size? When it comes to size, a rabbits home can never be too big. The RSPCA set out guidelines that recommend a hutch for a single or pair of rabbits, each weighing less than 2Kg, should be a minimum of 3m long by 1m wide by 1m wide. With a sleeping area of 1m by 1m incorporated into this.
As much as possible and never less than an absolute minimum of a 6ft x 2ft x 2ft hutch with a permanently attached 8ft x 6ft x 2ft. run for outdoor rabbits and the equivalent space if your rabbits live indoors, but instead of using a hutch indoors you can provide quiet areas for your rabbits to retreat to.
05.03.2012 · RSPCA & Hutch size. Thread starter sparklyfluff; Start date Mar 4, 2012; Status Not open for further replies. S. sparklyfluff New Member. Joined Feb 18, 2012 Messages 19 Reaction score 0 Points 0. Mar 4, 2012 #1 I went to our local RSPCA to look at their piggies, however they’ve said they won’t rehome unless I have a hutch 6x3x3 and a similar sized run. Having looked on the internet most …