Cat eating | Flickr
We analyze if cats are really carnivores or if, as many people believe, they are omnivorous animals that can eat everything, meat, vegetables or even fruit.
– Commercial –
Some time ago we explained in Wamiz the reason why cats eat grass and this time we want to analyze if these animals are really carnivores or if they are omnivores as many people believe. The cat, scientifically, is considered a fully carnivorous animal and so it is when he lives free and wild in nature. However, the domestic cat has developed a series of peculiarities that start to question the previous assertion. We analyze everything below.
In Wamiz we have also talked about the foods that can not be missing from your cat's diet, including some vegetables and even fruit. But today we want to focus exclusively on the meat issue, since there is a debate on the subject that is still very much alive today. Meat, by itself, lacks calcium and other essential vitamins for the development of a feline. The cats in freedom usually eat from time to time mice and small birds of which they feed themselves in their entirety, thus ingesting their bones and even what the animal can have in its own stomach, like cereals or other type of foods of vegetal origin . That's why the gastric juices of cats are much more powerful than ours, because of the type of food they are prepared to ingest. With this type of behavior, many of the animal's food needs are covered, so he hardly needs to supplement his diet with other types of food.
– Commercial –
It is true that they are mostly attracted to meat, but domestic cats have become accustomed to eating a wide variety of foods, among which we can find both vegetables and cereals. That is why the specific processed foods for cats that we find in the supermarket include vegetables in their recipes, thus complementing the intake of meat that the cat would already do naturally. The tremendous versatility of its digestive system has made it adapt perfectly to these new parameters and to assimilate perfectly this type of nutrients.
There are currents of opinion that favor a vegan diet for cats, which discourages a good number of veterinarians, since the cat needs the nutrients provided by the meat to survive. This is a very recurrent theme at present, which will be discussed later in Wamiz in a very detailed way. From this writing we opted for a rich and varied diet, but based on the intake of meat, since its proteins are essential for its development
– Commercial –
In conclusion, we can affirm that, although the cat is a carnivorous animal by nature, over time, the pet has learned to assimilate other types of food that complement and enrich their diet, providing a series of nutrients very favorable for their development.
- 'The cat. Nutrition and behavior ', by the veterinary doctor Carlos Alberto Gutiérrez. Available at nutricionistadeperro.com
Read also: Cat Munchkin: Everything you need to know about this adorable little guy!
- 10 Things That Scare Cats (curious as They May Seem)
- We Dismantle All The Myths And Prejudices About Cats!
- Diseases in The Eyes of Cats: Symptoms And Treatment
- Can Cats Predict Bad Weather And Storms?
- What Does it Mean to Dream About Cats?
- The Best Feeds For Sterilized Cats 2018 Take a Look!
- Post Show Report For China International Pet Show 2018
- Buy a Dog Online: Recommendations to Avoid Problems
- A Cat Recognizes Its Owners Six Years After Getting Lost!
- Spain Champion in The Championships of The World of Dogs of Sample And British Races
- A Dog Threatened With Death by The Neapolitan Mafia!
- How Much Does a Visit to The Vet Cost?
- Is my Cat Jealous of my Partner?
- The Bitch That Ripped Off The Penis of a Man Who Hit Her in Danger in The Kennel
- Your Dog Dies Scared Because You Leave Him Alone
- Small Dogs For Adoption: a Perfect Choice
- Lowering The Veterinary VAT Will be Approved, And Then Applied?
- Why Does my Cat Play With His Poop?
- The 7 Reasons Why to Adopt a Cat
- News From The World of The Dog, October 22 to 28