The average price of a Persian cat in USA ranges between 800 and 1,200 USD in the case of pedigree cats. Although it is not a breed that is usually found in animal shelters , it never hurts before planning the purchase contact the centers in our area to launch an offer of adoption ; an option that the veterinarian always recommends, even if we do not find the breed we want, since “associations and kennels are up to homeless cats”.
In the event that it is not possible or, simply, that our firm option is the purchase of a Persian cat , the most advisable thing is to go to professional breeders who offer us guarantees and who know how to answer all our doubts about this breed and its care . In addition, it is important that if you choose this route we take into account the following issues when acquiring a Persian kitten:
Ensure that the seller has made genetic tests of parents for Feline Polycystosis (PKD) and hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (CMH), since it is a breed predisposed to develop these pathologies.
Before taking the Persian cat home we must have arranged everything necessary for your comfort at home: a comfortable space to rest, proper food, and a container with fresh water always available at your fingertips.
Be wary of who intends to offer us a Persian cat less than three months, since during this stage it is essential that the animal is with the mother and siblings, both to feed and strengthen their immune system, so that the socialization process is carried out properly.
The Persian cat must have the first two vaccines in place, have passed at least a first basic review and have been dewormed; in many cases, the animal is even sterilized before delivery. To find out all this, the breeder delivers a booklet where this information signed by the veterinarian appears along with a certificate, also issued by the veterinarian, of “good health.”
It is essential to check the status of the cat and its living conditions before taking it home: that it is active, that its eyes and nose do not present secretions, that the fur looks healthy…
Read more here: Cats For Sale
- The Grooming of The Persian Cat
- Types Of Cats – Which One Is Right For You?
- WHAT TO DO IF YOU DISCOVER A CAT INSIDE THE CAR
- The Benefits of Probiotics
- 3 Original Toy Ideas to Make For Your Cat
- 5 Tips to Make Eating a Difficult Cat
- Useful Cat Furniture And Designs
- 5 Tips to Encourage Your Cat to Eat
- Which Kibble Distributor For Cat to Choose?
- How to Feed Your Cat Following His Carnivorous Nature?
- How to Know if You Are a True Lover of Cats
- Understand Your Cat And Know What Your Cat Wants
- Eight Tips For The Care of Pets Around The Holidays
- 10 Fruits & Veggies That Are Safe & Healthy For Your Cat
- Your Kitten’s First Year
- Keep Your Cat’s Brain Healthy
- How Safe is Catnip For Your Cat.|Cat Health
- The Best Podcasts For Dog And Cat People
- What Should You Pack When Traveling With Your Cat?
- How Shelters Prepare Your Cat For Adoption