Anal gland problems are a common issue for dogs. While there are many possible treatments, supplements can be a helpful addition. A few different types of supplements may help relieve anal gland issues in dogs. Probiotics and enzymes can help with digestive problems, while omega-3 fatty acids can help reduce inflammation. Antioxidants may also help reduce inflammation and boost the immune system. Talk to your vet about which supplements may be best for your dog’s anal gland problems.
So, what are you waiting for? If you’re looking for a great selection of supplements for anal gland issues in dogs? Check out our selection of best supplements for anal gland issues in dogs today!
Anal Gland Suppliments for Dogs – Best Seller #1
Glandex Dog Fiber Supplement Powder for Anal Glands with Pumpkin, Digestive Enzymes & Probiotics – Vet Recommended Healthy Bowels and Digestion – Boot The Scoot by Vetnique Labs (Beef Liver, 4.0 oz)
- SUPPORTS HEALTHY ANAL GLANDS: Glandex is proven to support healthy anal glands in all size dogs and cats and is the only product to target all of the underlying causes of anal gland problems. Glandex works to bulk and firm the stools
- RESULTS IN 3-5 WEEKS: Glandex will help your pet to “Boot the Scoot”
- VETERINARIAN RECOMMENDED: Glandex is recommended by thousands of vet and vet specialists for healthy anal glands and was developed by leading veterinarians to specifically address anal gland problems in pets
- ALL-NATURAL PREMIUM INGREDIENTS: Glandex is formulated with key ingredients that work from the inside out to keep your pet’s anal glands healthy including Pumpkin Seed, Digestive Enzymes, and Probiotics
- MADE IN USA: Glandex is proudly made in the USA using the highest quality ingredients. Glandex is easy-to-use and comes as an irresistible beef liver powder. Give once daily based on your pet’s weight. Great Value – Lasts 5 months for a 20 pound dog
Supplements for Anal Glands – Best Seller #2
Zesty Paws Scoot Away Soft Chews for Dogs – with Bromelain, Vita Fiber & Dandelion Root for Digestive Support Against Scoots for Gut Health & Support for Normal Bowel Movement – 90 Soft Chews
- Keep Your Canine Scoot Free – Zesty Paws Scoot Away Bites are soft chews that feature VitaFiber * and a blend of Mineral Oil, and Dandelion Root to support gut health and bowel function for dogs.
- Enhanced with VitaFiber * – This dog formula has an IMO (Isomalto-oligosaccharide), not recognized as a dietary fiber by the FDA, which works as a prebiotic and may support intestinal bacteria, digestive health, and normal bowel function.
- Unique Scoot Support – Each chew features a proprietary Scoot Away Blend with Dandelion Root, Nettle Root, and Bromelain (enzyme) may support your pup’s scooting problems.
- Premium Aid for Gut & Bowels – The VitaFiber *, Mineral Oil, and Scoot Away Blend in this chewable helps digestion, normal bowel function, and may support healthy anal gland function to stop pet parents from worrying and put them at ease.
- Plus Liver & Kidney Support – The Dandelion Root in this functional supplement also supports liver function, while Nettle Root helps maintain normal kidney and urinary tract (UT) function.
Best Glands Anal Peneteator – Best Seller #3
Glandex Dog Wipes for Pets Cleansing & Deodorizing Anal Gland Hygienic Wipes for Dogs & Cats with Vitamin E, Skin Conditioners and Aloe – by Vetnique Labs (75ct)
- SUPPORTS ANAL GLAND HEALTH & PROPER HYGIENE – Convenient for daily hygiene can be use all over body on paws coat face ears & anal area. Great for dogs and cats, ages from puppy to kitten
- DEODORIZING & FRESH SCENT – Contains natural DeoPlex enzyme to help eliminate unpleasant anal gland odors. Glandex grooming supplies such as these deodorizer wipes are a must have!
- VETERINARIAN RECOMMENDED – For anal gland odor & health used by professional groomers & vets after emptying anal glands. Papertowels and cleaner won’t cut it with smelly anal gland problems or dirty dogs
- WITH ALOE VITAMIN E MOISTURIZERS & SKIN CONDITIONERS – To help soothe & restore the area, leaves your pet happy and healthy Made in USA
- ULTRA SOFT & DURABLE CLOTH – Gentle for sensitive areas yet tough enough for difficult odors & mess
Supplements for Dogs with Anal Gland Problems – Best Seller #4
Glandex Anal Gland Soft Chew Treats with Pumpkin for Dogs Chews with Digestive Enzymes, Probiotics Fiber Supplement for Dogs – Vet Recommended – Boot The Scoot – by Vetnique Labs (Peanut Butter, 60ct)
- SUPPORTS HEALTHY ANAL GLANDS: Glandex is scientifically formulated to support healthy anal glands. With key ingredients including pumpkin seed, Glandex promotes natural emptying of the anal glands & supports digestive health & seasonal allergies.
- GUARANTEED TO BOOT THE SCOOT: Glandex results are guaranteed to help your pet “Boot the Scoot!” in 3-5 weeks & comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
- VETERINARIAN RECOMMENDED: Glandex is recommended by thousands of veterinarians worldwide & was developed by leading veterinarians to specifically support healthy anal gland function
- PATENTED FORMULA: Glandex’s patented formula includes all-natural ingredients to keep your dog’s anal glands healthy including a Unique Fiber Blend, Omega Fatty Acids, Digestive Enzymes, Prebiotics & Probiotics
- MADE IN USA: Glandex is proudly made in the USA using the highest quality ingredients. Glandex is easy-to-use and comes as an irresistible peanut butter or pork liver treat! Give once daily based on your dog’s weight. Great Value – Lasts 1 month for a 20 pound dog!
Dog Anal Gland Pill – Best Seller #5
Dog Fiber Soft Chews Supplement – Stop Scooting Digestive Formula Enhanced with Pumpkin, Psyllium Husk, & Beet Pulp – Supports Dogs Healthy Anal Gland, Stool & Constipation – Made in USA, 60 ct
- PREMIUM FIBER FOR DOGS – NO SCOOT — Supports healthy anal gland function and encourages regular bowel function. Helps provide constipation relief due to the proprietary blend of pumpkin, psyllium husk, and beet pulp.
- DAILY INTAKE = HAPPIER DOG — We all know how important proper fiber intake and bowel function is in humans. It’s time to treat your pet the same way! Daily intake will ensure that your pup is taken care of, even if they somehow sneak an unexpected treat!
- VETERINARIAN-APPROVED — Minimizes the need for dogs to scoot. Works well on all dog breeds and ages, especially senior animals. Pumpkin, psyllium husk, and beet pulp are all proven & natural ingredients to help keep the digestive system functioning optimally.
- SOFT CHEWS THAT TASTE LIKE A TREAT — 60 soft chews that taste like a treat, packaged with a re-sealable cup to ensure freshness.
- HEALTHY SOLUTIONS FOR PETS – MADE IN USA — All of our products are made in the USA in an FDA audited, cGMP compliant facility. Our facility has been manufacturing top quality pet health supplements and training aids since 1994 and is one of the most trusted in the industry.
Best Anal Support for Pets – Best Seller #6
Vet Classics No Scoot Dog Supplements for Healthy Anal Gland Function – Support Normal Bowel Functions, Anal Glands – Increases Daily Fiber Intake for Dogs – 65 Soft Chews
- NON-GMO INGREDIENTS: Help support healthy anal gland function and encourage normal bowel functions for dogs with this NON-GMO INGREDIENT formulation includes a blend of healthy ingredients.
- DOG HEALTH SUPPLEMENTS FOR HEALTHY ANAL GLAND FUNCTION: Support your dog’s anal gland and bowel functions with Vet Classics’ No Scoot Dog Supplements made with NON-GMO Ingredients that feature a rich blend of pumpkin, flaxseed and dandelion root to increase fiber intake.
- SUPPORT DOG ANAL GLAND FUNCTIONS: The Non-GMO formula helps to gently support normal bowel function and helps to support healthy anal gland function for dogs, especially senior animals.
- VETERINARIAN FORMULATED AND RECOMMENDED: Each soft chew or chewable tablet of this dog bowel and anal gland supplement is infused with NON-GMO ingredients, including psyllium husk, pumpkin, dandelion root and flaxseed to help support anal gland functions.
- PREMIUM PET SUPPLEMENTS: Since 1994, VetClassics has offered a high-quality line of pet health supplements developed by veterinarians and scientists to support care for dogs, cats and horses. Choose from an impressive collection of pet health supplements that address hip and joint support, cardiovascular care, liver and urinary support.
Supplements for Dogs Anul Glands – Best Seller #7
Vetnique Labs Glandex Advanced Strength Anal Gland Soft Chews with Mega Fiber for Dogs, Digestive Enzymes, Probiotics – Vet Recommended to Boot The Scoot Vegetarian Duck & Bacon (60ct)
- SUPPORTS HEALTHY ANAL GLANDS: Glandex is scientifically formulated to support healthy anal glands in all size dogs and is the leading product that targets the underlying issues of anal gland problems. Glandex helps by bulking and firming your dog’s stools.
- RESULTS IN 3-5 WEEKS: Glandex Advanced Vet Strength dog fiber supplements will help your pet “Boot the Scoot”, by offering an alternative to regular anal gland expressions for dogs with chronic anal gland problems.
- VETERINARIAN RECOMMENDED: Glandex original and Glandex Advanced are recommended by thousands of vets, and are patented for the same purpose—to support anal gland health. For most pets, using the original Glandex for 3-5 weeks is sufficient. For pets needing advanced support, we recommend Glandex Advanced Vet Strength.
- ALL-NATURAL PREMIUM INGREDIENTS: Glandex Advanced Vet Strength anal gland supplement for dogs is formulated with high quantities of key ingredients that work to keep your pet’s anal glands healthy; including patented MegaFiber Blend, Digestive Enzymes, and Probiotics
- MADE IN USA: Glandex is proudly made in the USA by Vetnique Labs using the highest quality ingredients. This vegan dog chew supplement contains no animal protein, is easy-to-use, and comes in an irresistible duck & bacon flavor. Give once daily based on your pet’s weight.
Dog Anal Gland Supplement – Best Seller #8
All Natural Digestion Support, Diarrhea Relief & Anal Gland Health Supplement for Dogs – Good Karma Naturals Bulk Up 100% Natural Dog Digestive Fiber Pumpkin Powder (8oz Bag)
- KEEP YOUR PET HEALTHY & HAPPY: Good Karma Naturals premium dog fiber supplement is finally here to gently promote regularity, support normal bowel function and maintain digestive health for dogs. Psst…it works for cats too!
- DIGESTION SUPPORT, ANAL GLAND HEALTH & ANTI DIARRHEA: Our perfectly balanced formula of soluble and insoluble fiber for dogs will firm up soft stool, stop the scoot, ease constipation and support healthy digestion to keep your dog regular. Also, an effective and gentle anti diarrhea for dogs. Easy to use powder supplement.
- AVOID IMPACTED, ABSCESSED OR RUPTURED GLANDS: When the anal sacs don’t express naturally they become painful and may produce a foul odor. If you want to avoid infected, impacted, abscessed or even ruptured anal glands; our tasty pumpkin supplement for dogs is exactly what you need.
- NATURAL, SAFE & DELICIOUS: Bulk Up! fiber powder for dogs is made with human-grade all natural ingredients and is safe for long term daily use. Limited ingredient recipe contains NO Meat, NO Wheat, NO Soy & NO Corn, perfect for dogs with food allergies. Flavored with Peanut Butter, Yogurt & Pumpkin – even picky dogs love it!
- 100% WAGGING TAILS OR YOUR MONEY BACK: We proudly stand behind our products with a no hassle satisfaction guarantee. If you or your pup are not completely satisfied with our tasty and effective fiber for dogs, we will issue a full refund on-the-spot. Try it risk free!
Dietary Supplements for Dog for Anal Glands – Best Seller #9
Pet Naturals Scoot Bars, 30 Chews – Natural Anal Gland Support for Dogs – Gentle on Digestive System
- Scoot Bars are a natural fiber supplement designed to support fecal volume and healthy anal gland function.
- Scoot Bars are great tasting, easy for pets to digest and more gentle on the digestive system than many other fiber products.
- Scoot Bars include Larch Tree Extract, which has been shown to support the immune system as well promoting beneficial bacteria in the digestive system. This bacteria can help manage smelly fecal matter.
- The active ingredients in Scoot Bars are a proprietary pumpkin blend that includes Pumpkin Powder, Maltodextrin and Larch Tree Extract.
- Pet Naturals products are manufactured in the U.S.A, are NASC approved and come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Supplements for Dogs Anal Glands – Best Seller #10
Perfect Poop Digestion & General Health Supplement for Dogs: Fiber, Prebiotics, Probiotics & Enzymes Relieve Digestive Conditions, Optimize Stool, and Improve Health (Chicken, 12.8 oz)
- HEALTH STARTS IN THE GUT: High Fiber Grass Bits naturally revitalize your pet’s digestive tract to relieve digestive issues including diarrhea, constipation, upset stomach, stalled digestion, bloating and food intolerance; Reduces gas, stool odor, bad breath and firms up poop
- HELP YOUR DOG FEEL THEIR BEST: Bolster your dog’s immune system and overall health; Increase absorption of nutrients and vitamins to help tackle common pet concerns such as allergies, skin, coat, itching, licking, infection, low energy, weight loss, mood, sensitive stomach, and more
- COMPLETE 4 IN 1 FORMULA: Combines premium Fibers, Prebiotics, Probiotics and Enzymes to supercharge your pet’s digestive system. These four building blocks unite to form a high fiber solution that heals and maintains your dog’s gut
- 4 IN 1 FORMULA SAVES TIME AND MONEY: Stop buying separate supplements; save time and money by buying one solution that combines them all; Solid grass bits mix in well with your dog’s food or can be served as treat or topper; No more powders stuck at the bottom of the bowl or floating in the air like other brands; Serving size varies based on weight – One bag will last a 50 lb dog a little over a month
- NATURAL PREMIUM INGREDIENTS: Natural, Grain Free, Gluten Free, Non-GMO and Made in USA; Miscanthus Grass, Pumpkin Powder and Flax Seed Fibers provide the perfect poop; Inulin & Xylooigosaccharides Prebiotics; Bacillus Subtilis and Bacillus Coagulans probiotics support a healthy digestive tract and immune system; Blend of digestive Enzymes break down food and increase nutrient absorption
Do probiotics help with anal gland issues in dogs?
Yes, Probiotics are live bacteria and yeasts that are good for your health, especially your digestive system. They can help with anal gland issues in dogs by keeping the anal area clean and free of infection. Probiotics can also help to reduce inflammation and improve gut motility. Give your dog probiotics daily for the best results.
How can I help my dogs anal glands fill?
One way to help your dog’s anal glands fill is to feed them a high-fiber diet. This will help produce more stool, which will help massage the anal glands and keep them filled. You can also try expressing the anal glands yourself, but be sure to ask your veterinarian for guidance on how to do this properly. Finally, ensure your dog is getting enough exercise, as this can help keep the anal glands filled.
Why does my dog constantly express glands so much?
There could be a few reasons your dog expresses their glands so much. It could be that they are stressed or anxious, which can cause them to produce more of the natural oil that helps to lubricate and protect their skin and fur. It could also be that your dog has an allergy or medical condition causing its skin to be irritated and inflamed, leading to increased glandular activity.
If you are concerned about your dog’s excessive glandular activity, please consult your veterinarian to rule out any underlying medical causes. Additionally, you can do a few things to help reduce your dog’s stress and anxiety, such as providing a quiet place to relax, regular exercise, and positive reinforcement training.
How do you know if your dog needs his glands squeezed?
A few things to look for may indicate your dog needs his glands expressed. If your dog is scooting his butt on the ground, licking his anus excessively, or has redness or swelling around his anus, these can all be signs that his glands need to be expressed. Additionally, if your dog is having trouble defecating or seems uncomfortable when doing so, this may also be a sign that his glands need to be expressed. If you notice any of these signs, it’s best to take your dog to the vet to have them check his glands and decide if expressing them is necessary.
Can a dog express their own glands by licking?
Yes, a dog can express their own glands by licking. This is often how they communicate with other dogs and assert their dominance. The act of licking also releases endorphins, which make them feel good.
Does pumpkin help dogs express glands?
Yes, Pumpkin can help dogs express their anal glands. The fiber in pumpkin helps to bulk up stools, which can put pressure on the glands and help express them. Pumpkin is also a natural source of enzymes, which can help to break down and digest food properly, reducing the chances of impacted anal glands.
Can food cause anal gland issues in dogs?
There isn’t a definitive answer to this question since every dog is different and, therefore, may have different dietary needs. However, some people believe certain foods can contribute to anal gland problems in dogs, such as those high in fat or salt. If your dog has anal gland issues, it’s essential to work with your veterinarian to determine the best course of treatment. In some cases, changes to the diet may be recommended.
What dog breeds need their glands expressed?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the need for anal gland expression can vary depending on the individual dog’s breed, size, and health condition. However, some species that are more likely to need their glands expressed regularly include English Bulldogs, French Bulldogs, Boston Terriers, Boxers, Pugs, and Basset Hounds. If you are unsure whether or not your dog needs his or her anal glands expressed, it is best to consult with a veterinarian.
What happens if a dog’s glands aren’t expressed?
If a dog’s glands aren’t expressed, the dog may experience discomfort and more likely to develop infections. Additionally, the dog may have an odorous discharge from its glands.
How can I express my dog’s glands naturally?
There are a few ways that you can express your dog’s glands naturally. One way is to make sure that your dog gets plenty of exercises. A good walk or run will help to stimulate the glands and get them working correctly. You can also give your dog a massage, which will help to loosen up the glands and allow them to function correctly. Finally, give your dog a good diet with plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. This will help to keep the glands working properly and prevent them from becoming blocked.
Can I give my dog pumpkin everyday?
Yes, you can give your dog pumpkin every day. Pumpkin is an excellent source of fiber and other nutrients that can benefit your dog’s health. Just be sure to use pure pumpkin and not pumpkin pie filling, which can contain sugar and other ingredients that are not good for your dog.
What happens if I give my dog too much pumpkin?
If you give your dog too much pumpkin, they may develop an upset stomach or diarrhea. Too much fiber can also be stiff on their digestive system. It’s best to talk to your vet before giving your dog pumpkin and start with a small amount to see how they tolerate it.
How long does it take for pumpkin to work on dogs?
Pumpkins can work for dogs within a few hours to a few days. The exact amount of time it takes for the pumpkin to work on dogs will depend on the individual dog and the severity of their condition. For some dogs, pumpkin may only provide temporary relief, while others may find that it gives long-lasting results. If your dog is not responding to pumpkin within a few days, it is essential to consult with your veterinarian to rule out other possible causes of their condition.
Can too much pumpkin hurt A dog?
There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on the individual dog. Some dogs may be more sensitive to pumpkin than others and may experience gastrointestinal upset if they overeat of it. It is always best to consult your veterinarian before giving your dog any new food, including pumpkin.
Originally a dentist, Anna Strout has written for three years for pet and animal publications. Anna is also a historian who studies dog breed progression throughout the world, dabbles in animal law issues, and collects dog tales while traveling across the country with her husband and German Shepherd Dog, Luna. Anna kicks dust up dancing with Luna at home in Houston, Texas, where she teaches her obedience and tricks.