How to keep your dog or cat healthy, happy and calm? Here are some tips from veterinarians, trainers, walkers and specialists.
This is the time of year to start better habits, to eliminate unpleasant ones. But it is also the time when new pets arrive at home. These are the tips that coaches, specialists and veterinarians recommend to keep owners and pets happy and healthy.
- Maintain a healthy weight
This advice applies to both pets and owners. You lead a lighter life when you do not have to worry about carrying extra kilos. You control what you are feeding them; make sure you are not giving them sawdust. Also control your portions and make sure you are walking or running enough to burn the calories. If necessary, buy him a toy that keeps him active even at home.
- Invest in your training
Classes for pets benefit the owner before anyone else, because they give him control for both basic situations, such as dropping something in his mouth that he should not chew, or staying quiet, or even on occasion.
It is also good for socializing pets, with other people, with children or with other animals. Look at this touching example, where a dog helps a puppy down the stairs:
- Take some time to check teeth
Proper dental care can reduce “dog breath”. You can help with old brushes, finger brushes, tongue brushes, water additives, chewing gums … and of course, visits to the vet for regular checkups and cleanings.
- Agenda visits to the doctor
A periodic review does not hurt anyone.
- Keep them hydrated
Infections in the urinary tract are one of the most common diseases and are preventable. Just make sure your pets always have clean, fresh water at their fingertips. Change the water and wash your dishes regularly.
- Protect them from fleas
In summer or winter, keep them protected from fleas. Even in the coldest months you have to spray them with a flea powder.
- Mental stimulation
“A tired dog is a happy dog”. On the other hand, a boring pet will cost you hundreds of shoes, cases, boxes and nibbled objects. Invest in interactive toys that will keep them busy even when you have to leave the house.
- Eight Tips For The Care of Pets Around The Holidays
- 6 Care Tips For Your Pet in Spring
- Love Your Pets But Not The Odors? 3-Step Guide To Keep Your House Smelling Good
- An Owner’s Guide For Yorkshire Terriers
- Are Vacuum Cleaners Good For Dog Hair? What to Consider?
- How to Choose Dog Clothes
- Why Are Black Pets The Least Desirable?
- The Best Offers of The Insurance Comparator For Pets of Offers 10 Pets
- 10 Tips to Take Care of Your Dog in Summer
- 15 Tips For The Care of Diabetic Dogs And Cats
- The Best Halloween Costumes For Dogs
- 10 Tips to Care For Newborn Puppies
- 5 Rainy Day Ideas to Keep Dogs Active Indoors
- 10 Reasons Why Big Dogs Make Great Pets
- Spring Is Here! Here’s How to Care For Your Pet
- 10 Practical Ways to Control Your Pet Allergies When You’re a Dog Owner
- Senior Dog Teeth Issues And How to Prevent And Care For Them
- BlogPaws Speaker Series: From Pet Industry Influencer to Pet Care Professional
- Seasonal Affective Disorder in Dogs: Do Pets Get The Winter Blues, Too?
- Octopus Pets Snorkeler’s Dog in Wild Encounter Caught on Video