Red and Lorenzo at the foot of the lake where they did the test.
The story of Lorenzo and Red has moved all of Italy for the sweetness and love that unites the sick child with his dog, together for a mission (im) possible!
They have crossed the stretch of Lago di Como, from Onno to Mandello del Lario to overcome the most difficult challenge of all: that of life. We talk about Lorenzo and Red, a special child and his inseparable dog, who they have faced the disease together throwing himself on a mission that seemed impossible and that, on the other hand, was great!
– Commercial –
The story of Lorenzo and Red
Lorenzo is an 11-year-old boy who have diabetes since I was 7 years olds. Red is your dog, an Australian kelpie 6-year-old trained to recognize diabetic blood glucose crisis. The two are inseparable and, often, Red has saved Lorenzo's life by telling his mother when something went wrong. Sometimes, even in the middle of the night, to prevent the child from entering into a diabetic coma. A very close relationship that has led to these unusual friends to face a challenge that has united them even more.
– Commercial –
The swim record
The child's mother tells the story in this way: "We decided to involve them in a common activity." So the two they launched to cross the stretch of Lago di Como, accompanied by the educators of the non-profit organization Progetto Serena who trains dogs. Along with them were also volunteers from the Lario Rescue Project dog rescue section and some swimming champions. Although Red was terrified by the water, never abandoned his friend and he even barked a couple of times loudly to get sugar for his friend. In the end, the two succeeded, also encouraged by Lorenzo's friends who shouted their names!
Article written by Valentina Segatori
Read also: Why do dogs wear a yellow ribbon on their collar?
Editor Sometimes I put a voice to the thoughts of my dog, Chufa. If someday he decides to talk, he would go into a loop: play, ball, street, play, street, eat, eat, street … and in that order. Yes, he has me crazy.
- Does Your Dog Have Rabies? It is Hard But Not Impossible
- The Video of The Dog Shot by The Police in Grenoble Unworthy of All France
- A Blind Man Expelled From a Supermarket Because of His Guide Dog (Video)
- A Dog Threatened With Death by The Neapolitan Mafia!
- Your Dog Dies Scared Because You Leave Him Alone
- News From The World of The Dog, October 22 to 28
- You Should Treat Your Dog … Like a Dog
- News From The World of The Dog, October 15-21
- Holidays With my Dog, 10 Places to Stay
- How to Recognize The Symptoms That a Rabbit is Sick?
- 15 Drawings of Dog Silhouette Tattoos to Inspire You in 2018
- How Long Can I Leave my Dog alone?
- Enjoy a Delicious Cold Pint With This Dog Beer!
- A Spanish Dog, 2nd Best Position at The European Dog Show in Warsaw
- My Dog does Not Eat His Feed
- How to Manage Stress And Anxiety in Dogs, my Dog has Andiedad
- Tips For Going to The Beach With Your Dog
- I do Not Want to Give Feed to my Dog that Has an Allergy
- My Dog destroys House is Alone
- Playing Sports With Your Dog