Dog beds are not a fancy thing anymore for posh people. It’s a necessity nowadays. A dog bed can be beneficial to your dog in many ways. It can protect your dog from extreme weather, can provide a comfortable sleep throughout the night and you can collect all the pet hair from one place.
Now there are couple of things that you need to keep consider while buying a bed for your loved dog. Those are given below. And once you have learned all things regarding a dog bed, you can check out DogBedZone.com where the best dog beds are reviewed.
- Types of Bed
There are 5 types of dog beds that you can find in the market. The first and the most common one is Standard bed. These types of beds are usually cut from a large piece of foam and put a cover on it. These beds are good for large dogs and old dogs. If your dog has arthritis then a memory foam bed would be the best option.
Then come the bagel bed which is a dog bed with high edges. Dogs that like to cuddle inside a bed, will find this type of bed to be the most comfortable. Elevated or lifted beds are another type that is good for dogs with long thick far. These beds are very good at passing air so that you dog won’t get very hot.
Then there is corner or space server beds that you can put in the corner of your house where you couldn’t put any other stuff. These beds are very fashionable and will increase the beauty of your house. The last bed type is the crate bed. These beds are suitable for create use.
- Bed Sizes
The size of the dog bed is another thing that you need to find out before you start shopping. Measure your dog and then buy a bed that is at least 4 to 6 inches longer that your dog so that it will have some space for stretching. You also need to keep in mind that beds that are made for large dogs won’t be comfortable for smaller dogs as those beds will be stiffer to support the large dog. On the other hand, a bed made for small dogs won’t be good for large dogs that they will easily sink in which may cause joint pains and uncomfortable sleep.
The filling of a dog bed can vary from bed to bed. Polyester, feather, cotton and foam filings are the most common. Foam beds are the best filling for most types of dogs and especially large dogs. Feather and cotton beds will be comfortable for smaller and thin dogs. Feather beds are very warm as they trap air inside. These beds are suitable for colder climates. Now you need to keep in mind if your dog is a chewer or not. If it is, then you should get a chew proof dog bed. These beds are usually a wooden or metal frame bed with a rug in the middle that supports the dog. They can’t chew the fabric because of the frame.
Dogs spend a lot of their time sleeping and providing a good quality bed is an essential. If you keep the above things in mind while buying a dog bed, you will surely end up with the best bed for your canine.
You find this article by searches related to following terms:
- dog beds petco
- Dog Bed
- dog bed cave
- dog bed covers
- dog beds
- dog beds target
- dog bed amazon
- dog beds walmart
- dog beds cheap
- dog beds on sale
- dog bed steps
- Hydrotherapy in Dogs
- DIY Dog Fence Wire – How to Choose Wire And Cable
- Factors That Influence Your Dog Fence Selection
- Invisible Dog Fences – Facts And Advantages, is an Invisible Dog Fence Right For Your Home?
- Electric Wireless Dog Fence
- Definition And Function of Wireless Dog Fence
- How to Stop an Invisible Dog Fence From Continuously Beeping
- The 5 Best Automatic Pet Feeders For Dog or Cat
- Training With The Dog Bark Collar
- The Benefits of Using Soft Dog Crate
- How to Choose Flea Collars For Dogs?
- Best Dog Clippers For Long And Thick Hair
- Hemp Oil For Dogs: Is it Safe?
- How to Choose Your German Shepherd Puppy
- Service Dogs & Housing – Know Your Rights
- Choosing The Right Harness or Collar For Your Dog
- Top 5 Tips to Take Care of Your Pet
- The Benefits of CBD Oil to Treat Your Animal
- Temperament of French Bulldogs: The Good And The Bad Sides
- Temperament of Pitbull Dogs