Imagine you own a dog and love your pet more than anything else. After some time it catches a deadly disease and dies later. After consulting a vet, you get to know that fleas were the reason for the illness. The demise of your beloved dog can be incredibly depressing. In such a scenario, flea collars can be a solution. Flea collars can be very useful providing adequate protection from flea and tick infestation.
If you own a dog, you must pay particular attention to the purchase of flea collars which act as a preventive remedy. It fights with undesired insects giving relief to the dogs. However choosing the right flea collar may be a challenging task. Below are some tips were given that will guide you through the purchase of flea collars:
- Type of flea collars
There are different types of flea collars available in the market that has distinct mechanisms to get rid of fleas. Following are listed some of them:
- Insecticidal collars: these collars contain strong insecticides and pesticides like carbamate. The combination of these ingredients helps to kill the fleas or any other insect that will try to irritate your pet. However, the potent toxicity of chemicals is not suitable for sick pets. Chewing the product will lead to further poisoning so immense care must be taken.
- Biological collars: these collars are entirely based on herbs and oils. These collars are relatively modern and more in use because they are environmentally friendly and safe for pet and owners as well. However, this type of collar will not work if the pet has already caught the disease.
- Ultrasonic Collar: these collars are safe to use. The device emits ultrasound waves disturbing the parasites and forcing them to leave.
- Size of the dog
The size of your dog will determine your selection. If your dog is large, go for a chemical or biological flea collar however for small breeds you can select any one of them.
- Age of the dog
Many packaging of flea collars will mention the minimum age of the dog. Usually flea collars must be used only for dogs more than 4 to 5 months, but still, make sure you know the required age or else it will cause you problem in the future.
- Quality of the collar
Ensure that the collar is of standardised quality. Always go for the best quality. Never compromise quality in case of choosing the cheapest one. If you want a bad quality collar, it might result in an allergic reaction or poisoning with intoxication. Study the characteristics of the product and take into account the individual features of your dog.
- Other general factors
Go for manufacturers that have a well-known reputation. Compare the reviews and go for the best one. Always read the information on the packaging to get the information about the ingredients used in it. Never rush for the cheapest product; it may contain some substandard drug that will adversely affect your dog’s health. Keep in mind all relevant factors before choosing a flea collar to avoid unwanted circumstances.
You find this article by searches related to following terms:
- flea collars for dogs
- flea collar cat
- flea collar seresto
- flea collar walmart
- flea collar reviews
- flea collar side effects
- best flea collars for cats
- seresto flea collar reviews
- dog flea collar seresto side effects
- DIY Dog Fence Wire – How to Choose Wire And Cable
- Factors That Influence Your Dog Fence Selection
- Invisible Dog Fences – Facts And Advantages, is an Invisible Dog Fence Right For Your Home?
- Electric Wireless Dog Fence
- Definition And Function of Wireless Dog Fence
- How to Stop an Invisible Dog Fence From Continuously Beeping
- Buy a Dog Online: Recommendations to Avoid Problems
- Best Dog Foods – What Dog Food Do Vets Recommend?
- Best Dog Food For Pitbulls
- Choosing The Best Dog Bowl And Feeder For Your Dog
- Finding The Best Dog Food For Your Pet
- A Dog Day at The Spa – The Best Dog Spas in NYC
- A Stainless Steel Dog Bowl – Is it Really The Best Dog Bowl?
- Best Dog Track in Florida?
- Best Dog Breeds For Families With Young Children
- Choosing The Best Dog Stroller For Your Pet
- How to Choose The Best Dog Insurance Company
- Dog Behavior Series 11 – What Is The Best Dog Food?
- Best Dog Foods – What Dogs Ate Before They Were Domesticized
- Best Dog Shampoo