Like humans, dogs also acquire viruses that lead to a cold, affecting their immune system and causing damage to their respiratory tract. It is important that you know how to recognize when your dog is griposo and how to treat it. Take note!
How to know?
You can recognize that the dog is with the flu if it has the following symptoms and characteristics:
✸ He has a cough.
✸ Sneezes frequently.
✸ Excessive discharge from the nose (mucus), even with blood.
✸ The apathy of the dog, who is tired and less willing to have fun.
✸ Lack of appetite.
✸ The wet eyes.
How to take care of it at home?
It is essential to protect the dog from the cold, in this way our friend will recover soon from his cold. Coat it with T-shirts or canine sacks to isolate it from low temperatures and humidity and more if your dog is of small breed, since they are less able to retain their body temperature.
Do not let your dog receive drafts; always try to sleep inside the house, covered with sheets that protect it from the cold.
You can help him decongest his airways by placing hot water in a room and let him breathe in that vapor.
Do not forget to always have plenty of fresh water, because during the flu you lose more fluids than usual: frequent mucus is an escape route of constant humidity.
Encourage him to eat food, usually eat wet food, as it is not as annoying as dry to swallow, you should try to eat well in small quantities to achieve a speedy recovery.
Do not forget to go to the veterinarian; these recommendations are to take them into account after being prescribed.
- How to Choose Your German Shepherd Puppy
- Service Dogs & Housing – Know Your Rights
- Choosing The Right Harness or Collar For Your Dog
- Top 5 Tips to Take Care of Your Pet
- Hydrotherapy in Dogs
- Temperament of French Bulldogs: The Good And The Bad Sides
- Temperament of Pitbull Dogs
- Pros And Cons of Electric Dog Fences
- These Are The Best Dogs Breed If You Have Children
- Tips For Your Pitbull to Spend Energy
- 10 Tips to Mark Superiority Over Your Pitbull
- What Care Does Your Dog Pitbull Need? Have a Happy, Healthy And Balanced Dog
- Decorate Your Dog House With These 5 Tips
- Top 3 Health Problems For Dachshunds
- Buy a Dog Online: Recommendations to Avoid Problems
- Guide to Boarding Your Dog
- Is Dog Sharing a Good Suggestion For Your Dog?
- Best Dog Foods – What Dog Food Do Vets Recommend?
- Best Dog Food For Pitbulls
- Choosing The Best Dog Bowl And Feeder For Your Dog