When litters of dog puppies have little life, in the same way that happens with babies, it is important to provide them with some care.
Normally, these are provided by the mother; however, on certain occasions this is not present, so you have to take care of them. Here are some tips to care for newborn puppies.
Care advice for puppies in their first days of life
- Rich source of antibodies
- Gives newborns the energy to aggressively nurse
- Provides colostrums
- Seven dose tube
- ADJUSTABLE: 7.5"-10.2", for puppies, small breeds & cats
- GREAT MATERIAL: made with double-layer velvet, soft and durable
- SAFETY: The breakaway safe buckle releases when pressure is applied, very safe for puppies, and convenient for you to open it.
- IDENTIFICATION COLLARS: 12 colors for lovely new born pets, much easier to distinguish them
- WEIGHT RECORD: there is a record keeping chart with daily weight & weekly weight on each card.
- Size: 13.8 (length) inches * 3/ 8 (width) inches (adjustable)
- This band can simple identify puppies and kittens from birth to 8 weeks old, Washable and Colorfast
- Durable nylon collars, secure without buckles, clips, ties or sticky paper tabs
- Easy to adjust, and secure without buckles, clips, ties or sticky paper tabs
- You can easily wash them in the washing machine or by hand, and reuse them for the next newborns.
- Unique Double-Side Plush Design: Different with other collars, these have double-side plush, secure without buckles, clips, ties or sticky side, so they will not harm your pet's neck.
- Adjustable Size: From 13.8 inches length to accommodate growth for all breeds. Suitable for Puppies and Kittens from birth to 8 weeks old. Also can be cut shorter and used for kittens or for smaller pups and toy breeds.
- Come With Metal Bells: Produce clear and melodious sounds when your pets moves around. Convenient and practical for you to find where your pets hide.
- 12 Colors: Perfect for puppies or kittens to wear. Can easily and safely keep their identity and status apparent at a glance.
- After-sales Service Guaranteed: If you're not satisfied with your purchase for any reasons, please contact us. If there was an issue such as size problem, our after-sales service may replace or refund for you.
- Designed for hand-feeding puppies, kittens and other newborn small animals
- Specially-designed nipple duplicates milking action of mother's nipple
- Contains feeding bottle conveniently marked in tablespoon measurements for accurate feeding, soft nipples, and cleaning brush
- The bottle, nipples and bottle brush can all be sterilized by boiling in water
- Comes with 2-ounce bottle
- Traer Scott
- Chronicle Books
- Hardcover: 128 pages
- Rich palette of colors: The upgraded 15-Color puppy whelping collars provide great solution to identify your pups without effort.
- Comfortable fit: The double-side soft fabric gives more gentle care to the pup's tender skin. It's non-itchy and more comfortable than the single-sided id bands for the pet to wear.
- Long-wear collars: We adopt longer velco (covers 4 inches), the puppy collar is 13.8- inch long and 3/8-inch width. The elongated velco makes the collar not to slip off easily and secure around puppy's neck.
- Adjustable design: Each whelping band has fastener tape at the end which is very easy to fit puppy pet who grow fast. It also ideal for some other small animals.
- Tips : Please don't put it too tight, your puppies are growing fast. Please check the velco is pressed firmly into place to make sure the id bands can hold well.
- Multicolor selection - 15 colours puppy ID bands,various colors adequate amount to meet your need
- Soft Fabric - Nylon and polyester material with soft double velvet ,will not hurt puppies neck
- Adjustable hook and loop design - Size: 13.8 (length) inches * 3/ 8 (width) inches,suitable for puppy pet grow fast,free from restraint
- Identify newborn dog - Our colorful ID bands collar can help to keep track and identify pups and kittens easily
- Notice - Every ID band has a fastener tape at the end of collar; so you can cut it to the length you want. Please KEEP THE COLLARS AWAY FROM THE WATER; otherwise, the stickness of the collars will weaken
- Surprise -- Barbie doll's pet dog has puppies on the way, and you can help her deliver them!
- Push on the mommy dog's head to help her welcome a puppy into the world -- then push twice more because she has three puppies!
- Wash the newborn puppies with the towel and cold water to open their eyes and reveal a colored heart. Is it a boy or girl?
- Mommy dog's delivery tub doubles as a puppy bed, a paw-shaped tray is perfect for bath-time and a water bottle helps clean the new puppies up
- Barbie doll has flexible knees to enhance storytelling and let her welcome and care for the new pups
1. Humidity of the room of the puppies and the mother
For a newborn puppy, as well as the mother, to be comfortable, the humidity of the room in which they are during the first days after birth is almost as important as the temperature of the same. The ideal is that the humidity of the room oscillates between 55% and 65% so that the neonates do not become dehydrated. It is not recommended that the percentage exceed 65% because diseases caused by slings due to humidity could occur.
2. Temperature of the room of the puppies and the mother
The temperature of the room of the newborn puppies is also important; we must bear in mind that, as happens with babies, they do not have any type of body defense. The first week of life, the ideal is that the room is between 30º and 32º of temperature. In the second week, it can be reduced slightly to between 26º and 28º. After the third week, the ideal temperature is around 22º.
3. Vaccination plan
It is essential to know that the vaccination plan begins 45 days after the animal’s life. It is periodically vaccinated until all the vaccines corresponding to the first year of life are completed. Each year we have to give our pet all the vaccines to make sure it is healthy, strong and happy.
4. Your little bed
Condition a place to sleep; you can use a drawer or a cardboard box of a good size for the puppy to spend his first nights. Try to get used to that place and see it as your bed. It is ideal that it is a large place so that the dog does not feel trapped.
5. Ignore their moans during the night
Probably at night begin to moan to get the attention of its owner, because he wants company. Try to ignore it so you do not get used to it. Just come in case of an emergency.
6. Do not sleep on your bed
The first nights that the puppy passes in your house, you will feel a little nervous and afraid. At the time of sleep tries to be accompanied and safe. Avoid spending the night in an isolated place, and also try to avoid sleeping on your bed, because it can be bad for you.
Puppies must be bathed from an early age so that they can accept the bath with pleasure and not offer resistance. It can be bathed after 45 days of life. You just have to clean it with warm water so it does not get cold, with the specific soap and shampoo and then dry it with a towel or a hair dryer.
8. Emotions of newborn puppies
Perhaps the most important period in the life of the puppies, especially in relation to the sociability of these with other dogs as well as with people, occurs between the first three and twelve weeks of life. It is the learning period of the puppies. Therefore, after two weeks from birth, when they begin to open their eyes, it is important to give them a lot of love and talk to them; It is the best way to help them adapt to their new environment.
9. Separation of puppies
Regarding the separation of the puppies, in no case is it recommended to do so before the month or month and a half since birth. The reason is that it would be too premature and the puppies would not do well in their relations with other dogs, which could bring problems in the medium and long term.
10. The feeding of the puppies
We always recommend giving dogs only foods specially designed for them, such as those you can find in our store. A large selection of dehydrated 100% natural and super premium quality feeds; You will especially be interested in our puppy food. Our feed contains no type of additives, preservatives, colorants and flavorings and is made in a completely handmade way.
This stage of his life is tremendously important for everything: his education, training, habits, behavior, but above all also for his growth. Here the feeding of the puppy plays a decisive and irreversible role if the feeding is not good.
There are multiple serious cases of malformations, intolerances, anemia and digestive problems of all kinds that largely form in the first months of life. From here we ask you please to feed your puppies with experts, that you give them a varied, natural, fresh and balanced diet.
The key to proper growth, a good formation of your defenses and a proper functioning of your immune system depends in part on your nutrition.
The feed for puppies lack not only of natural ingredients, a non-aggressive processing with the nutrients and that these are of quality, but they do not hydrate our puppy, they are very dry products. In addition to using only natural ingredients of high quality, we have products that provide adequate hydration, which is vital for their digestions.
Food is one of the most important factors in the care of an animal , so we recommend always betting on natural and quality foods. We invite you to know in our catalog all the options that we give you to feed your puppy.
Looking to adopt a puppy near New York? The Puppy Store in East Meadow, has most breeds of dogs and puppies for sale. Buy a puppy today!
- Eight Tips For The Care of Pets Around The Holidays
- 10 Tips to Take Care of Your Dog in Summer
- 15 Tips For The Care of Diabetic Dogs And Cats
- 6 Care Tips For Your Pet in Spring
- Why It’s Vital That You Know Your Dog’s Health Condition
- An Owner’s Guide For Yorkshire Terriers
- A Dog Day at The Spa – The Best Dog Spas in NYC
- A Stainless Steel Dog Bowl – Is it Really The Best Dog Bowl?
- Best Dog Track in Florida?
- Best Dog Breeds For Families With Young Children
- Choosing The Best Dog Stroller For Your Pet
- DIY Dog Fence Wire – How to Choose Wire And Cable
- How to Choose The Best Dog Insurance Company
- Factors That Influence Your Dog Fence Selection
- Dog Behavior Series 11 – What Is The Best Dog Food?
- Invisible Dog Fences – Facts And Advantages, is an Invisible Dog Fence Right For Your Home?
- Best Dog Foods – What Dogs Ate Before They Were Domesticized
- Electric Wireless Dog Fence
- Best Dog Shampoo
- Definition And Function of Wireless Dog Fence