Reptiles might be low maintenance, but that doesn’t mean they’re boring. Snakes, lizards, turtles, and tortoises are living dinosaurs that can also be fun, entertaining pets. Forget what you think you know about these animals. Reptiles have big personalities and can be every bit as quirky, cute, and sometimes even a bit feisty as a dog or cat. Intrigued? Here are three of our favorite reptile pet species that are also regarded as the most fun to own.
10 Best Selling Fun Reptiles Products
Best Seller #1
Fun Reptile Facts for Kids 9 – 12 (Fun Animal Facts for Kids)
Best Seller #2
Fun Express – Insect & Reptile Tattoos (6dz) – Apparel Accessories – Temporary Tattoos – Regular Tattoos – 72 Pieces
- Insect and Reptile Tattoos.
- If you love nature, you’ll love these 2″ tattoos.
- With ladybug, butterfly, other insects and creepy reptile designs, these tattoos will delight any outdoor explorer or animal lover
- Easy to apply and remove
- Safe and non-toxic. (6 dozen per unit)
Best Seller #3
Sunday Afternoons Kids & Baby Kids Fun Bucket, Reptile, Small
- Country Of Origin : Viet Nam
- The Package Height Of The Product Is 29.21 Centimeters
- The Package Length Of The Product Is 1.52 Centimeters
- The Package Width Of The Product Is 25.4 Centimeters
Best Seller #4
Fun Reptiles (Who Am I?)
Best Seller #5
World Domination or Death, Volume 1 Bad Taste Records Compilation
Best Seller #6
Sunny Days Entertainment Reptile Figure Play Bucket – 43 Assorted Lizards and Educational Accessories Toy Play Set for Kids | Plastic Animal Figures with Storage Container, Multicolor
- 43 PIECES: This playset includes multiple species of lizards and snacks! The different shaped plants and boulders help to create a reptile world.
- ENDLESS NUMBER OF SETUPS: Get ready for hours of role play fun. Kids can play together or individually to create their own scenarios. The possibilities are endless with 43 pieces of durable plastic figures and accessories.
- EASY STORAGE: When playtime is over, simply store the pieces in the bucket with carrying handle for easy clean up and on the go fun. During playtime, the lid doubles as a fun prop.
- EDUCATIONAL AND IMAGINATIVE FUN: In a variety of sizes and colors, these durable plastic figures are perfect educational toys to help kids learn about different animals.
- PARTY FAVORS: Perfect for party decorations, cupcake toppers or fun gift bag items for a reptile themed party.
Best Seller #7
Fun Gator Mom Reptile Alligator Mother Tank Top
- This alligator apparel is the perfect gift for that alligator father close to you. This cute gator clothing is the perfect birthday present and surprise gift.
- Are you looking for an awesome alligator reptile apparel? Show the world how much you care about taking care of these animals with this funny graphic gator clothing.
- Lightweight, Classic fit, Double-needle sleeve and bottom hem
Best Seller #8
Fun With Reptiles Stencils (Dover Stencils)
Best Seller #9
National Geographic Kids Everything Reptiles: Snap Up All the Photos, Facts, and Fun
Best Seller #10
100 Facts Reptiles & Amphibians- Herpetology, Educational Projects, Fun Activities, Quizzes and More!
A fan favorite, ball pythons are a classic reptile pet option beloved by novices and experts alike. These docile snakes are calm, have a great temperament, and are far more social than your average snake. They do well with human interaction and are one of the few snake species that can be handled daily. When you do pick one up, you’re in for a treat. As their name would suggest, ball pythons instinctively wrap themselves around whatever surface they’re on. This can include hands, wrists, arms, and shoulders! For an animal class that isn’t big on physical contact, ball pythons are one of the cuddliest. If you enjoy getting hugs from your pet, you’ll enjoying keeping these little guys around.
The most popular of the lizards, bearded dragons might look intimidating, but rest assured that only their exteriors are prickly. Another great pet option for reptile beginners, bearded dragons have a great attitude that makes them easy to get along with. But don’t let their laid-back demeanor fool you, these guys are spunky and full of quirks. They wave, they stand on two legs, they sometimes fall asleep standing straight up! As one of the more intelligent of the reptiles species, there are plenty of stories about bearded dragon owners who have been able to train their lizard to go on walks (on a leash of course), to come when called or even to do tricks! These creatures are very food-oriented. As long as you have treats on hand, the sky is the limit on the opportunities of what you can get your beardie to do.
African Spur-Thighed Tortoise
This gentle giant is one of the biggest common pet tortoises and can grow to be up to 36 inches long. However, will the sheer size of this creature is entertaining in and of itself, the real fun of owning one comes from their outgoing personality. While most other tortoises (and reptiles in general) tend to be on the shy side, African spur-thighed tortoises are one of the most engaging. They’re curious and active, and love to get in the mix of whatever’s going on around them. They’re known to approach and interact with their owners on their own (a rarity in the reptile world even if you don’t have food in your hand).
No matter what type of cool reptile pets you choose, give it time and you’ll be surprised at the depth of their personality. You can find these and other great reptiles for sale online where it’s easy as a click of a button to find your new best friend.
Awesome Reptiles | Funny Pet Videos
Originally a dentist, Anna Strout has written for three years for pet and animal publications. Anna is also a historian who studies dog breed progression throughout the world, dabbles in animal law issues, and collects dog tales while traveling across the country with her husband and German Shepherd Dog, Luna. Anna kicks dust up dancing with Luna at home in Houston, Texas, where she teaches her obedience and tricks.