CBD dog treats have mounted immense popularity these days. The fact is not astonishing given the surge in the use of CBD oil. CBD treats are a good idea for dogs as they are convenient and easy to consume for pet dogs. However, some people still believe that CBD is overrated and contemplate whether it works on pet dogs. Well, it is very customary to ponder on the question. Today, this article will help you reach an impasse as to whether CBD oil is worth the money or not.
CBD dog treats are infused with CBD oil, an oil derived from cannabis (a non-psychoactive component of the marijuana plant). Treats are the best way to give CBD to dogs. Since CBD is natural, people can easily feed it to their pets. Most CBD oils provide CBD benefits without the hallucinogenic compound THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol). CBD dog treats usually contain 3 mg to 6 mg of cannabidiol, depending on the type of treats you decide to purchase.
Benefits of using CBD oil for dogs
CBD oil has numerous benefits to offer for your pets. There are various benefits of using CBD oil for dogs and other pets.. CBD works for dogs in the same way as human beings. It can be used for the following treatments for dogs:
- Treatment of anxiety – A mere change in the surroundings or separation from the owner can make a dog highly anxious. When they get anxiety attacks, the brain releases adrenergic hormones that activate the sympathetic system. The CBD elements of the treats interact with the brain’s receptors to release endorphins. These chemicals help the dogs manage anxiety and relax and calm down.
- Treatment of enormous or chronic pain – Our four-legged friends feel as much pain as we do. The pain may arise due to an injury, a chemotherapy session, surgery, or even slight headache counts. The CBD oil in dog treats will help them get rid of their pain as they suppress the pain in the brain receptors. That allows them to enjoy their day pain-free.
- Reduction of Joint pains – Joint pains and arthritis are two things that every dog suffers from, causing stiffness of muscles and extreme pain. Researchers have found that CBD has anti-inflammatory properties, reducing pain in the joints. That is the best way to help dogs overcome diseases like arthritis, osteoarthritis, and other joint-related problems to have a pain-free life!
- Helps in the overall wellness of dogs – CBD offers multiple benefits to dogs. CBD oil can give them a soft and shiny coat, reduce their seizures and epilepsies, joint pains, and enhance their digestive systems. A small dose of CBD can go a long way to maintain their overall wellness.
- Hinders a good sleep at night – As mentioned earlier, any of the above issues can lead to sleep-related problems in aging and other types of dogs. CBD can help get your dog a good night’s sleep. The cannabinoids in CBD interact with the ECS (Endocannabinoid System) receptors of the dog’s brain. It removes the painful sensation, elevates their mood, and induces a good sleep in them.
Side Effects of using CBD dog treats
Like a coin has two sides, every substance has its pros and cons. Every dog reacts in a different way to CBD. Not every dog can absorb CBD well into the body and extract its benefits. Some dogs might even face an allergic reaction which can trigger vomiting, diarrhea, nausea, or even stomach aches. It is essential to start by giving a small dosage and increasing it gradually. Other side effects might include drowsiness, dry mount, and decreased blood pressure. Try to find a source with limited ingredients in their treats for easy digestion and minimal side effects.
Selecting the right CBD oil for your companion
There are various parameters one should check before buying CBD oil for dogs. These parameters will help you assess whether you are spending all those bucks wisely or not. First of all, you should check the quality of your oil. It should be of the purest quality. Many brands in the market sell mislabelled or spurious products. Their products should be verified and tested. Online reviews will help you to select the best CBD treats with the right amount of CBD oil in them.
CBD oils come in three types – full-spectrum CBD oil, broad-spectrum CBD oil, or CBD isolate. Though CBD isolate is considered purest, you should look for full-spectrum CBD oils for your dogs. It is because they contain certain cannabinoids other than CBD that enhance the benefits of CBD oil. Most veterinary doctors are also in favor of full-spectrum CBD oil instead of pure CBD isolate.
The most important thing to remember is the difference between CBD oil and hemp oil. Both sound similar but are opposite. If a packaging says hemp oil, it does not contain CBD in the right amounts, and hence your money will go waste. A good package always mentions the number of milligrams of CBD in the treats. The price would be higher with the concentration of CBD in it.
It is significant to understand why CBD is helpful and how it affects your pet’s body. After assessing all the benefits, side effects, and consequences of using CBD oil, we have concluded that CBD oils for pets are worth the money. The pros of using CBD oil surpass the cons, so it definitely deserves a chance. CBD oils are relatively safer and a reliable option for dogs. They can help the dogs manage stress and anxiety effectively without harming them.
It is necessary to get CBD-infused products from the right source that provides pure and organic CBD. Many bad players in the industry sell counterfeited products in the name of CBD. Be aware of those companies and buy them from reputable sources. Researchers are carrying out more examination in this field and finding how CBD could be advantageous in dogs.